Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

HELP I can't Start my car ... CLIFFFORD alarm won't let it happen!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2006, 03:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP I can't Start my car ... CLIFFFORD alarm won't let it happen!!!

I just got a civic 91 b16 with a clfford arrow 3 alarm system, the previous owner told me that the alarm likes to go off by itself for no reason after the car has been locked up & the only way to bypass random false alarms was to disconnect the alarm's negative post which was also hooked on the battery...

yesterday, & 4 am I had no idea where my keys were, so I popped the hood & ripped the wires from the siren so then... no more siren but just flashy lights... I eventually found the keys & disarm the system. . I started er up after that & was pleased!!

This morning I go to start it up nothing happened . I started to play with the negative terninal from the clifford alarm that's hooked up to the batterie's negative terminal & the alarm does activate(the red led in the car flashes) I then disarm the car & take it to work successfully.

@ work I keep the engine running & do an engine shampoo. just concentrating the water on the intake manifold & engine With a covered distributor & also making sure the battery & fuse box are dry. I blow dry er up. shut off ignition & get ready to go home. I try to start the car again & nothing happens the battery is good, BUT the arming light of the alarm doesnot come on, I've tried cleaning the terminals, checking the fuses, ... but all in vain. The alarm led doesnot come on ... any help... My car is still stuck @ work!!! is there any way to by pass this ???

your help will be gratly appreaciated!!
Old 01-29-2006, 10:31 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: HELP I can't Start my car ... CLIFFFORD alarm won't let it happen!!! (Firestarter)

Is it turning over but not starting, or will it not even turn over?

By the sounds of it, [alarm ground going to batt.] it is a crappy alarm install, and should be pulled a reinstalled if not replaced.

It is hard to tell if the alarm is causing the problem, and could only be the alarm is it is wired to some kind of "kill", [starter kill, (motor will not turn over), ign. kill, (motor will turn over but will not start)] there are other "interrupts" that can be installed, [fuel pump, injectors, ECM power, among others] the Arrow 3 only comes with "starter kill" so anything else would have to be added by the installer, and of coarse there is no way for me to tell, what has been installed.

If you do not have it here is the owners guide http://www.directeddealers.com...s.pdf

Let me know what is happening when it does not start, [not turning over or turning over but not starting] 94

Old 01-30-2006, 11:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: HELP I can't Start my car ... CLIFFFORD alarm won't let it happen!!! (fcm)

old cliffords were a pain in the ***, try disconnecting and reconnecting the neg terminal again and you should be good