Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

Clifford Solaris gone wacky

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2001, 07:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clifford Solaris gone wacky

My solaris seems really messed up. Ocassionally, when the car is parked and armed the alarm will go off by itself and no matter what I do with the remote I can't turn it off. I can press the arm/unarm and see the doors lock and unlock I can even start the car and start driving and the alarm won't stop wailing. This even happened twice when I was driving.. all of a sudden the alarm would go off and people would stare at me like I just stole the car. I tried using the remote to
reset the alarm and that didn't work.. the valet switch doesn't seem to work at all.
The only way I've gotten the alarm to stop screaming is by disconnecting the battery. Disconnecting the battery for approx 5 minutes to allow the ecu to reset itself prevented this problem for about 2 weeks.. but it's back again.

A reputable shop installed the alarm.. I'm going to bring it in tomorrow but if anyone had this happen to them please let me know.. maybe I can make some
suggestions to the guys at the shop to make the troubleshooting quicker.

I've got a 97 acura integra 2 door.
Old 12-27-2001, 07:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Clifford Solaris gone wacky (BringIT)

Probably a bad brain. I dunno though.

I have the same alarm. When they were installing it is was all crazy and had a bad brain I guess, so they just replaced it.