Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

Alarm issue: Won't let car start

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 03:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm issue: Won't let car start

Hi y'all,

I have a 98 civic cp with a Clifford Solaris G4 alarm. I bought the car like 10 years ago with it and I no longer have the manual or the 2 remotes (ex husband stole them, long story.) Anyway, I finally got my car back (ex had stole it too, long story haha) and I went to the gas station to fill it up and when I was done I tried to leave and the car wouldn't start. I know it's the alarm because the last time I had it in my posession the battery died in my remote and ever since that happened the car has been locking me out from starting it up.
All the accessories work and lights are on. It's not the battery. It's not the starter. My alarm has like that starter kill mode thing. I took the cables off the batter and waited a few seconds and plug her back up again, tried to start the car, still wouldn't start. Then the stupid alarm chirps at me. Unplugged the alarm from the box under the kick panal and the cars power didn't even work at that point. Left the alarm unplugged and then did the battery thing again and still no power. Plugged that stupid alarm in and everything works but car still wouldn't start. After waiting 20(ish) minutes the damn thing finally started up. IDK what to do. It's an automatic (hate that but great for seattle traffic) and so i can't leave it in neutral all the time. I know that's a great trick for this stupid alarm.
Thought about getting a new remote but don't know the code to the alarm system because I never had an issue before. Is there a trick or way to bipass this issue so I can drive w/o having to worry about my car not starting? Is there a way I can remove the entire alarm? I don't need it, if someone wants your car bad enough they're gonna take it anyway....or use a tow truck.
This may be some info that shouldn't be publicly told how to fix, so if you need to inbox me, that's fine.
I would really appreciate it. It's been super cold and my daughter and I were stuck in the car till it decided to start again.

Thanks y'all!!
Old 02-10-2014, 05:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Alarm issue: Won't let car start

The reason why there's no information on "how to" is because of thieves will learn how to disarm your alarm and steal your car. Take it to a shop and have it done professionally.
Old 02-15-2014, 09:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some Clifford alarms have an auto starter kill. When you disarm the car within 30 seconds they activate the starter kill relay; the entire system isn't armed just the starter kill. To restart the car just press the disarm button and turn the key. That'd be my first guess.

On a 98 Civic the alarm is wired to the ignition harness. It should be pretty obvious, just reconnect the stock wires.

EDIT:

I just read the part that says you don't have the remotes.

Last edited by mechanix619; 02-16-2014 at 05:51 PM.