Notices
Appearance Build Threads Showcase and discussion for projects and theme cars.

SiR inspired EJ6 my last civic

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 09:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: SiR inspired EJ6 my last civic

Originally Posted by owen23
Subscribed
thanks try not to disappoint

Originally Posted by bleffall
yuhh looking good hope to come down soon to help
hurry up foo and get a car so u can help me after i get it back from paint

Originally Posted by Mikes95eg
In for this.

Originally Posted by ChadB
keep us posted!!!
tryin my best, got some parts coming in an a few updates hopefully ill get it al together by tomorrow or thursday, got some dope parts i wanna share lo

Originally Posted by r_Senik
ozarka water must be some good stuff.
i worked there, every month we would get cases upon cases of free water, so my garage is always packed of water, prepared for zombie apocalypse lol

Originally Posted by B.Easy
Looking good mate, keep going

Originally Posted by willimo
Looking great, I love SiR conversions. I love the start of a new, in depth project, and I can't wait to see more. Great wheel choice, too.
thanks you kindly SiR....see what i did there lol, i love the way the sir look with their moldings, i didnt wanna start with such a in depth project cuz it was supposed to be my daily but since it being my last civic and ek hatches are my fav and couldnt find a decent one with a clean tittle and not tryin to rape me on price i got this, but at least i get to pick the color i want
Old 08-04-2013, 10:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

aight so ive been away for a while busy with family life, had to take care of some business and my paint fund is what took the blow, so i lost a lil motivation but onward is the only direction to take, picked up and ordered some goodies, heres whats arrived and what been goin on with the car

well first off i was ready to put the front calipers on and bleed the brakes so that i could set her on the floor, and when i got to putting the axle nut this is what i saw

so i got some axles from my buddies and took mine off and another set back, theirs where male axles and i had a female

so i either had to find a female bseries axle or a female half shaft, good thing my buddy had a female half shaft in his garage so i got that off him

its been 100 + degrees lately so i havent changed em out, but might have to just ssuck it up and get it done.

on a brighter side i picked up a oem ctr wing of a friend of mine

my son wanted to be in the pic lol

and help hold it for pics lol

also picked up some ctr mirrors, power folding but no harness or relay

and a oem spark plug cover for now

started to take more parts off so that the painter wouldnt have to take stuff off and get the shell painted thoroughly

saw this and was a little pissed off cuz i was told it was never in any sort of accident but seems to have only been the bumper bar

took off front end and sold it, took off the side skirts and clips and the side door molding and clips, dont mind the bay, its gonna get a new makeover in due time

my neighbor posted up lol idk y i included this lol

rattle can over spray on the tailights

i also sold my extra front sir bumper with the lip and got a skunk2 short shifter (i was the one that originally bought it and now its mine again lol) and si cluster and some tailights that dont have overspray lol

well thats it for now, ill post more stuff and packages get in or if the heat permits get some work done it, i also think i found the color i want, need to figure out the paint code for it (sorry for the crappy pic) its some sort of grey but dont know how to pinpoint it
Old 08-04-2013, 11:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So you're holding out on me huh and keeping this thread a secret
Old 08-05-2013, 08:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ss_zoidberg
So you're holding out on me huh and keeping this thread a secret
never lol just from ur gf that tried to burn my last car lol

we need to chill soon
Old 08-05-2013, 08:58 AM
Pooping on children

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im not much of a "JDM" type of person, but it looks like its going to be a good restoration. Good luck with the build. Subscribed
Old 08-07-2013, 08:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

small update just because im so happy to finally have found a set, out of my 3 hatches ive owned i could never ever ever ever ever ever find a set of oem ek hatch mud guards and today i got my set in the mail, i found them on here in a for sale thread and as soon as i saw them i bought them and they got here today lol, might be dumb for some but i love a car with mud guards idk why

i should have some work done on it tonight so check back in if not tomorrow for sure
Old 08-07-2013, 12:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

looking good
Old 08-09-2013, 07:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Did some work on it yesterday/today. Got my fenders roller real crispy, no waves, cracks, or buckling. Also stripped the paint off my sideskirts but theybstill looks boo boo,gonna do some more work after the cowboys game and have pics tonight or tomorrow
Old 08-15-2013, 09:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

some update.... since i decided on the color, i moved ahead with stripping the sideskirts because i want them to be oem finish to contrast the rest of the car. they were rattle canned white and i started to strp them with aircraft remover

after i got it all off, i washed them with dish soap and a sponge to get off all the dirt and paint chips off. i then used trim paint that worked awesome, i did this at night and tried to get the best pics i could to show that it comes out oem finish nothing glossy or cakey. ill take some better pics in the day

then i borrowed a fender roller, wanted to do this before paint so i wouldnt mess up the paint, i only did the rears since the fronts were already rolled, got them paper thin lol with no waves or buckling and cracks.

then i just washed my mudflaps to get the rusty stains left by the screws from the preivous owner since i already had the soap out lol

the front flaps are a lil to scratched up for my taste might buy new ones once i get the car on the ground and see if the mudflaps are gonna be shaved down by the ground

i got a package in the mail again

bnib ek4 floor mats

and oem thin side moldings with clips

thats it for now should be doin g more work to the car since the weather is supposed to be cooler this week
Old 08-15-2013, 10:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Did lil random things on my car, finally installed the short shifter, button up some minor random things, took of the winshield washer resovour and the lines off, didnt take no pics just felt like mentioning it
Old 08-16-2013, 05:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Great work so far! Love the attention to detail. This will pay off, so keep it up!!

On the thin side moldings (the longer door pieces), are they bent? I sure hope not. They do appear to not be true/straight though. I know on most Honda moldings, there is a metal back strip behind those moldings. If it bends, they cannot be made to bend back straight again. Trying to do so only makes things worse, so be careful! Maybe the Civics don't have a metal backing strip. If not, then your all good. Mounting with tape will, of course, straighten them back out as they rest against the door.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by OG Wagon
Great work so far! Love the attention to detail. This will pay off, so keep it up!!

On the thin side moldings (the longer door pieces), are they bent? I sure hope not. They do appear to not be true/straight though. I know on most Honda moldings, there is a metal back strip behind those moldings. If it bends, they cannot be made to bend back straight again. Trying to do so only makes things worse, so be careful! Maybe the Civics don't have a metal backing strip. If not, then your all good. Mounting with tape will, of course, straighten them back out as they rest against the door.
The ones i took off didnt have a metal backing
Old 09-12-2013, 10:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Dont know if anybody is still following my build lol but i got a small update, i got oem window visors!! no pics yet, and i also finally got my half shaft off and put in the new one and the new axle, got my front calipers on, got my ebrake lines hooked up to the ebrake handle, fixed some other odds and endsm and bled my brake system, sorry no pics i totally forgot, there probably wont be many updates since im goin on a overdue honeymoon with my wife and so all my extra cash is goin to go towards my vacation.
Old 09-13-2013, 07:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Subscribed
Old 09-17-2013, 09:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

so my buddy Jesse came over the other day and we did work on my car. heres some pics of what we did the other day, he is also that helped me do the bleeding of the brakes and ficking my ebrake.

his daily an 8th gen si, he has a fully built lsvtec eg hatch thats a monster

calipers on and brake system bled

there was a slight oil leak from the pan, so we drained it and got a new gasket and resealed it

went to the store to pick some supplies and parked next to my other buddy that helped me roll my fenders, think i might want one of these next

i was gonna leave the car up on jacks cuz i saw no point in putting it on the floor but he brought over some extra wheels he had and slapped them on so we could put it on the floor

and my friend had my jack so it stayed like this lol

got the jack and put it on the ground ( i know i need new fender liners, they are coming)

thats it for now, gonna try and do some diys while i save my extra cash for my honeymoon trip, after that i should get this bad boy off to paint, hopefully before wekfest houston on dec 15
Old 09-19-2013, 02:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

nice shots of the 8th and 9th, those wheels look dope on your car, you should wrap them in smaller tread and keep them
Old 09-22-2013, 11:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

no updates, just that my buddy came over and kept buggin to put on the fenders and bumpers to see what it would look like, i told him for him to put em on if he wanted to see em so bad on. these are cell phones pics so quality isnt as good as my dslr, and the items are just hanging on there nothing cliped in or anything, just mock up so nothing really lines up lol

Old 09-24-2013, 10:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Did something just so the car doesnt sit there lol, i cant wait to come back from my trip and get the ball rolling on this.

So i rolled the car out to clean the garage, it needed a good sweeping and took some cell pics while it was out in the sun

Decided to clean my interior today since ive negleted the interior, i never feel like a car is truly mine until i do i full detail job on the inside. so i did that, started in the trunk wich was so filthy

took out the rear carpet, gonna power wash it and dye it

also vaccumed the car before removing the carpet, there was so much crap on it i had to so i wouldnt get dirt all over my recently swept floor lol

nice and clean

ill have some more updates of the cleaning and dyein of the carpets
Old 09-25-2013, 07:11 AM
No Jodas

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Whoa... the hatch used to be DAP! Repainting it the original color?
Old 09-26-2013, 02:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Prob not, im really liking the color that im set on right now lol

i took the carpet to my friends house jesse and we power washed the carpet and trunk carpet, then rit dyed the carpet and trunk carpet, the dye didnt take on the trunk carpet just beaded off wich was wierd gonna try and fabric spray paint, the carpet turned out good minus two purpleish blemish spots i dont know why the dye didnt take but imma try soaking it in the dye again see if it will take again

at night when we finished

and this afternoon after it dried a little

ive done this method of dyeing carpet before in my old coupe and got a small purple blemish also, but i still love the way it turns out, and it doesnt run off onto shoes or clothes and there is no smell, or carpet get hard, stays soft. ill have some updates in a day or so after i re dye it, let it dry, and reinstall it.
Old 09-28-2013, 03:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm really into this build. I'm definitely in for more. Good luck with the build btw !!
Old 09-28-2013, 07:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

subbed
Old 09-30-2013, 10:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

nice build! what kind of wheels are you thinking on getting?
Old 10-01-2013, 10:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by jency17
I'm really into this build. I'm definitely in for more. Good luck with the build btw !!
thanks man, just doing little odds and ends till after my honey moon, then some real fun should happen

Originally Posted by BlkD12agon
subbed

Originally Posted by d@_b3st
nice build! what kind of wheels are you thinking on getting?
i want to runs some sw388s or some work 3pc meisters, idk i change my mind a lot lol
Old 10-01-2013, 10:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So my friend jesse came over to my house today and brought me my carpets. The trunk carpet didnt take the dye and still looked like ****. I wanted to re-dye the carpet to get rid of those purple spots. The first time we used 8gal of hot water and 6 packets, so we just doubled it lol. The instructions say the water has to be near boiling and we didnt get it that hot at jesse's house, at my house that water was HOT!! so im hoping for better results. As for the trunk carpet i went and bought some vinyl and fabric spray paint and just painted it and it came out nice. gonna let them dry for couple of days and then install hopefully fri. or sat.

Mixing the dye and water with the carpet before submerging it for two hours, flipping it around every 30 min

starting the spray paint on the trunk carpet

jesse said he was a expert painter so he wanted to do it lol

finished product ( looks a lil darker in person) ill take pics with the dslr tomorrow, i also spray painted the back part of the carpet just cuz i knew it was dirty and ugly even though nobody else will see it.

Quick Reply: SiR inspired EJ6 my last civic