Notices
Appearance Build Threads Showcase and discussion for projects and theme cars.

C.A street sleeper!! want feedback/comments lots a pics!!***

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 01:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 272 Likes on 260 Posts
Default Re: C.A street sleeper!! want feedback/comments lots a pics!!***

So I called and talked with pro charger about my setup, They were very nice and helpfull! 100% customer service! And on top of that they sent me a free 2.95'' boost pulley and idler pulley and shaft! so that was very nice of Mark B @ pro charger! soon ill have the new boost pulleys on and and ill head down to Dardan at DMT for another tune. Im very excited to get all my new AEM soft ware installed! the car should run great!

Last edited by wunfstgsr; 11-05-2012 at 04:19 PM.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Just read from start to finish, very cool, great work man.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Prudz_lude
Just read from start to finish, very cool, great work man.
Thank you for reading all of the thread not many take the time! it gives me motivation to keep up the good work as i feed of the positive comments and gives me a sense of accomplishment when some one admires my car or gives a thumbs up! almost 2-3 times a weak i get a thumbs up from the Honda community and it feels good to know others appreciate it as much as i do. Just got to watch out for thieves!!!
This will never be the craziest build or the fastest or the cleanest but a attempt to be a combination of them along with a lil bit of my style or how i would like my Integra to be like.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ya, I can really appreciate your work. I've done almost identical to you but on a 4th gen prelude. I love builds that are just like this, driven often, worked on often, nothing way over the top to the point you don't want to get a bit of dirt on it and of course just a clean low profile look. A white ITR was the other choice I had before I went along with my 4th gen. Maybe one day i'll post my build on here :p For now, keep it up love what you have done.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ya, I can really appreciate your work. I've done almost identical to you but on a 4th gen prelude. I love builds that are just like this, driven often, worked on often, nothing way over the top to the point you don't want to get a bit of dirt on it and of course just a clean low profile look. A white ITR was the other choice I had before I went along with my 4th gen. Maybe one day i'll post my build on here :p For now, keep it up love what you have done.
Thanks man!
just finished a valve cover i did for fun ill have pics soon, i found a beet up valve cover for $10 lol so i shaved the letters and paint matched it teffeta white and gave it a nice clear coat.
Old 09-07-2012, 02:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by wunfstgsr
Thanks man!
just finished a valve cover i did for fun ill have pics soon, i found a beet up valve cover for $10 lol so i shaved the letters and paint matched it teffeta white and gave it a nice clear coat.
Heres some pics i took today,

Last edited by wunfstgsr; 04-06-2018 at 05:13 PM.
Old 09-07-2012, 05:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Damn......... loving it. Skunk2 everywhere!
Old 09-07-2012, 05:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks sweet.
Old 09-07-2012, 06:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Damn......... loving it. Skunk2 everywhere!
Originally Posted by huxtable
Looks sweet.
thanks yall! yea a whole lot of skunk2! can you smell it lol
Old 09-16-2012, 05:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

OK i was advised by a skunk2 tech to upgrade my valve train since im boosting this motor with these cams, if the motor was n.a i could still use my stock ITR valve springs and retainers. So I'm ordering a set of skunk2 tuner valve springs and retainers, since i wont be removing the head i will use a special tool to replace the valve train with the head on.

Also the Bisi moto cam gears i ordered gave me trouble upon instal and recently i had a small leak in my cam seals and i couldn't get the cam gears off so i removed the cams since im replacing the valve train anyways so it will have to sit for a few days. I had to press out the cams!, Bisi moto asked i send the gears back so they can inspect them and maybe send me a new set.

So she sits with half the head apart at home while i wait for my new tool and new skunk v.t. heres a vid of the tool i ordered.

http://youtu.be/loM5j2Kt1Ks
Old 09-19-2012, 02:54 PM

Nice picture updates!!! White on white!
Old 09-19-2012, 04:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Janet@bisimoto
Nice picture updates!!! White on white!
Thanks! Hopefully she will be down there for a tune up soon!
Old 09-21-2012, 10:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Super job on this setup. That tool you posted looks great but what about the valve dropping?

I'm still supercharged myself but nowhere close to your level but I might be upgrading soon! That magnum kit is out!
Old 09-21-2012, 12:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Blue-Civic-Hybrid
Super job on this setup. That tool you posted looks great but what about the valve dropping?

I'm still supercharged myself but nowhere close to your level but I might be upgrading soon! That magnum kit is out!
I will use compressed air using a compression tester, i will screw in the compression tester then connect it to my air compressor with about 100psi it should hold the valves up. There tool comes with a instruction sheet but its real hard to read but they say to use compressed air as well.

What supercharger is on your motor?

Last edited by wunfstgsr; 10-07-2012 at 12:06 AM.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

so a lil update still haven't got my new springs in, and it seems the tuner series valve springs are discontinued and a new version is out called the alpha valve springs and titanium retainers. Also they have there brand of valve seals that exceed oem specs so ill be replacing the valve seals as well since there gonna be exposed.

Last edited by wunfstgsr; 10-01-2012 at 11:58 AM.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So i got the new 2.95'' boost pulley installed as well as the new idler pulley. While i was down there i realized i can always swap out the oem gsr c.p with a bigger b20z crank pulley and increase boost some more. So i looked online and found one local for $30 and got that ready.

I was expecting around 8psi from the new pulley since the 2.95'' pulley should give me about 2 more psi from the 3.15'' i had on that gave me 6.5 psi. With the addition of the B20 crank pulley it should raise a few more psi i guess around 12-14psi. The B20 pulley is huge i forgot how big it was from when i had one on to increase boost on my JRSC. hopefully it wont be too much for the stock motor or else ill have to go back and lower the boost. i think 12 psi is the most im comfortable with.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm anxious to see what happens, love this build! Making me want to go that route!
Old 10-07-2012, 12:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ComptechGSRSC
I'm anxious to see what happens, love this build! Making me want to go that route!
Almost done man! Before the dyno and while i wait for my new parts ill do a new oil change and new trans oil change as well as a fresh clutch flush. The fluid looks real dirty.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Kool update. I wonder what kind of # with a build 2 liter?
Old 10-08-2012, 02:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by speed1
Kool update. I wonder what kind of # with a build 2 liter?
more torque thats for sure.
Old 10-14-2012, 12:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Finished up the motor today, its been sitting for 3 weaks with the cams out waiting for the new springs cause they were on back order. man i missed this car! My new sk2 valve seals diddnt come in so i had to skip the new seals because i need to get the car running asap because im moving next weak. heres what i did so far,
Installed Sk2 alpha valve springs and ret.
reset the valve lash now the motor sounds real good.
installed new belt and B20 crank pulley. The sc mounting plate is in the way so i had to grind some area to make it clear the huge B20 crank pulley. If i diddnt mention i installed the new 2.95'' boost pulley. I flushed my trans fluid and toped it offf with fresh honda MTF and flushed my clutch fluid, my clutch fluid was real dirty and so was the res. so i cleaned it up w brake cleaaner and bled my clutch line. I ran the motor but it seemed the first time i over tightened the tentioner for the blower belt.Then i loosened it a bit and now its sounding like crickets so tomarrow when i do my oil change ill tighten the tention a little. Now I should be ready by next weak to go tune the motor. wish me luck.

On a side note the car is a blast to drive. It just feels very strong and has lots of torque in the low end surprisingly, by 3-4k im at 7+psi boost at wot and its taking off! I cant wait to get it tuned, Driving it around like a old man for now even though i can open it up a little i just dont want to hit close to red line and hit full boost because i have no clue how much more boost its pushing now and it sure aint tuned for it. Im guessing im at 14 psi at redline but we will see how close i am.

Last edited by wunfstgsr; 04-06-2018 at 05:16 PM.
Old 10-25-2012, 02:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So i been fighting this belt sqeal for quite some time now since i upgraded the sc pulley and crank pulley, its been getting real anoying, seems everytime i retention the belt the squeal goes away then i boost on it a little and the squeal comes back and it slips. Today it totally sliped at all rpm and i was screaming down the street to and from work like crazy! People looked at me like wtf!

So i did a little research and so since i have no real refrence to anyone that has done anything with this kit beside run the stock pulley and then they seem to of sold the kit and or the thread goes dead years back. So i did a little research and the corvette guys have the same issue when they upgrade to a smaller sc pulley with the ati procharger. So i read some guy showed how he rigged up a new tentioner to bring the idler pulley closer to the sc pulley so there is more belt wrap over the sc pulley. He claimed it will even increase psi output.

So I took a look at my setup and i can see the idler pulley did need to be relocated closer to the sc pulley for a better wrap. Since the B20 crank pulley is so huge i barely had room to move the pulley to the left closer to the sc pulley without interfeering with the sc pulley and the B20 crank pulley. So i mocked it up and dabed a small dot through the pulley shaft and marked as close as i could to the center. Then i drill a small pilot hole and used my air grinder and grinded striaght through and borowed in and opened up the hole nice and smooth, the Bit i used has a dome like shape on the top and a short barrel body aprox. 7/16'' od.
It sounded fine at first and i reved it up a few times and boom it hit 12+ psi and my check engine and or boost cut hit so i was like alright that was insane! i only so far seen it go up as far as 9 psi at around 6500-7k rpm so now its showing upwards to 12psi! im guessing 15psi easily at redline. But to my luck i drilled to close and the idler pulley moved and started grinding when i started it up the second time. Bang the sound changed and it sounded like i over reved it and the sc bearings were shot and or the gears inside were getting torn up! i was like NO!!!!!! ****!! man i just blew the blower unit. So i took a breath and sat for a min started it up again and it sounded horible. I wanted to stop cause it was getting late but i needed to get this motor running asap.

Soafter a min i took a look and saw that the idler pulley moved and it was grinding on the sc pulley! so i had a sence of relief! I took eveything back off and grinded a grove on the side of the hole to extend it away a lil and i put the idler puley back on and used a small pry bar to put tention to keep the idler pulley away as much as possible from the sc pulley as i tightened the bolt down for the idler pulley. once i made sure the idler puley spun free from contact i tighteded the bolt down some more to make sure it wouldnt move. I put everything back together and upon start up the belt screams for a sec but goes away and i took it out around the block and it sounded fine and there was no sliping anymore knock on wood! I boosted down a street and in second gear the front end lifted a little bit i was like whoa!! and i wasnt hitting full boost at redline. I didnt beet on it much but i did a few more pulls to make sure nothing is wrong and got some food and took her home. Tomarrow i will further see how it runs maybe ill do a hard pulll on the freeway similar to what caused the belt to start squeling and sliping. I need to work these kinks out before i take to be tuned i connot have these issue's when im there.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Shes still going huh? Youve been busy! Sorry to hear about ol Red.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Great to read about your updates on this S/C. My old JRSC is about ready to retire and I just need to get some time to work on my new system which I hope to purchase by the end of this year.

I'm gonna go with the Magnum S/C system and see how that goes.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by owen23
Shes still going huh? Youve been busy! Sorry to hear about ol Red.
LOL ow yea shes still going all right haha! Thanks man yea it sucks, that was a big loss for me. But things happen for a reason and im very happy with the white Integra, Its more sleek and low profile while the red Integra screamed "pull me over!" I even had the licensee plate frame that said "Its red , its fast, its mine!" lol no more though. I think the White has a much cleaner look as well.

Originally Posted by Blue-Civic-Hybrid
Great to read about your updates on this S/C. My old JRSC is about ready to retire and I just need to get some time to work on my new system which I hope to purchase by the end of this year.

I'm gonna go with the Magnum S/C system and see how that goes.
Awesome man i'm also very interested in that kit i wish it was street legal though. But its design looks simple. Its funny before they made this kit available or before i discovered it was selling, i thought about that design looking at my setup one day. I took off my A.C and was brain storming for some reason thinking if i had a blower attached to those 4 mounting points you can make it run of the belts. Keep me posted on that!

Quick Reply: C.A street sleeper!! want feedback/comments lots a pics!!***