Notices
All Motor / Naturally Aspirated No power adders

RLZ Enginering ???

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 04:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RLZ Enginering ???

Well I hated the thought of doing this, but its been to damb long. I sent off my head OVER 20 Weeks ago ( Feb 20th ) . And now after not returning my calls, or replying to my PM's, i had to post this. All I seem to hear is "next week" then next weeks its next week. I know a few other people, that there head didn't take this long , one of them even sent his in after I did, and already has it.

I'm not trying to bash on Brad. His work speaks for its self, and this is why I choose him over all the others. I just feel after no replys and 5months, I had to say something.

7-19-2007

The HEAD is here

Modified by 91' LS-VTEC at 9:44 PM 7/19/2007
Old 07-13-2006, 04:43 PM
OG triple OG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: RLZ Enginering ??? (91' LS-VTEC)

that really ******* sucks
Old 07-13-2006, 04:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: RLZ Enginering ??? (ATS*Hella_JDM)

that sux man!!
i hope brad takes time to get your head done..
i hate how they 'prioritize' their work (not just brad, many different companies do it too), it seems as though they get a higher paying (or more well known) customer, they put them ahead of the little guys (think noname or unknown guys)
Old 07-13-2006, 05:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: RLZ Enginering ??? (Speedz)

mines been there just as long. i dont care how long he takes(until i finish prepping/redoing my car that is). the less time i have of a big paper weight waiting on me with my busy schedule and my car to redo. haha how i see it is, its worth the wait and you cant go wrong with a head from him.
Old 07-13-2006, 06:09 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: RLZ Enginering ??? (gldndrgn14)

Brad is a busy busy man. His workload is just huge man. I feel you. I was helping design his website, and I been working on it for over 2 years and have yet to even come close to finishing it. He also is suppose to do a head for me and I have had it stripped ready for him to work on it for the past 6 months, but I can never get a hold of the guy. We always be playing phone tag which sux. I wish I could get a head on my motor so I can get the damn thing running. I might just have to reassemble this **** and throw it on as is.
Old 07-13-2006, 06:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1009503

Sometimes the extra couple horses brad can offer arent worth the wait times.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Combustion Contraption)

I only waited 13 months for my head....
Old 07-13-2006, 10:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: RLZ Enginering ??? (gldndrgn14)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gldndrgn14 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> its worth the wait and you cant go wrong with a head from him. </TD></TR></TABLE>
I completely agree, but untill now I'm just realizing how long the wait really is. When I first contacted him, I was told 5-6 weeks. So thats what I planned around. After receiving a few PM's and reading some post. I know realize that I'm not the first one to wait longer than what they where told.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:51 PM

Sometimes good things come to those who wait
Old 07-13-2006, 11:10 PM

Default Re: RLZ Enginering ??? (Fkned)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Fkned &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sometimes good things come to those who wait </TD></TR></TABLE>

It still doesnt give the man a reason to keep putting him off and Not coming through on with what he said he would. If he said 5-6 weeks.. 8 weeks would be acceptable. cause thats one thing we all go off of. How they treat customers and there word to there customers. and ive seen a few threads as well and im sure i wouldnt send my head there or any where else that has pushed off customers orders

Ive seen companies push the little guys (us Normal people) work to accept some bigger work like skunk 2 or some other Sponsor'd car work. its just bad ethics to ignore the little people when it was the little people who accepted your work and took the time to praise your company and help build the reputation that you now have
Old 07-13-2006, 11:35 PM

Default Re: RLZ Enginering ??? (JDMlyfestyle)

I understand the complaint,and frustration.But sometimes not saying this is one I don't know at all,it's not in our control we have to wait for parts sometimes also.Thats why sometimes heads that are sent later get done sooner then others it's not always that they are pushed aside for other more important people.
BUT having said that you all must understand that sometimes the raw fact of staying in biz means that sometimes you have to put repeat customers/shops before others just to keep them happy and comming back.It's not something that we like doing but it does happen in most biz's.
This is of course just my opinion and is in no way me responding for Brad.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:40 PM

Default Re: RLZ Enginering ??? (Fkned)

Yes i completely agree with those Big clients if skunk 2 said hey i need this done by friday. ok do it but you dont take those massive orders and you have to learn when that point goes too far.. ive seen companies on here post and say we are stopping new orders so that we can catch up on current work.. and thats a great thing to see a company do cause it shows a concern that there caring about those customers who have PAID. and then they will have the joy of pleasing those customers and them spreading the word about the good work and how the company showed they care about the little guy
Old 07-14-2006, 12:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: RLZ Enginering ??? (JDMlyfestyle)

I know how you guys feel. He has had my head for 6 months now (sent it out Jan 5th). First I was told that it was around a 2 week turnaround so I figured that with it taking a week to get there from WA and week back it would be about a month, now it has been 6. About a month ago he promised that I would be getting it at least a week before BOTI here which was on July 8th, still dont have it. Had to sit and watch at Battle, it sucked.

I really didnt want to start a thread like this, so I'm glad someone else did before I had to. I dont want to bash RLZ in any way, but I havent been able to get ahold of him in about 2 weeks.
Old 07-14-2006, 02:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I wonder if this could be one of those things where he really thinks and believes that work will be done in a week or two and then it does not happen...

What is unfortunate is that a lot of these people do not have business common sense, but they do excellent work. Maybe one of those artistic things...

I am certain that if one of them (head porters) ran tight ship and had good business ethics, their heads would suck.

So here it is, no business sense, excellent trade skills, and victims of their own sucess...

What is one to do...
Old 07-14-2006, 03:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ninor)

I understand everyone saying that it will be worth the wait, but that doesn't change the fact that the original poster hasn't had any communication from RLZ. No returned phone calls, or PM's. I know that people can deal with there being a wait on good work, but only if the company keeps them updated on what is going on.
Old 07-14-2006, 04:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (97CTR)

I have seen way too many complaints about RLZ to ever send anything to them. A couple extra horsepower isn't worth getting terrible customer service and months and months of turn around time. Thats bullshit, I don't care how many RLZ d*ck riders there are on this forum
Old 07-14-2006, 07:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: RLZ Enginering ??? (jdmintegraxsi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdmintegraxsi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">About a month ago he promised that I would be getting it at least a week before BOTI here which was on July 8th, still dont have it. Had to sit and watch at Battle, it sucked.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I was there watching too.
Old 07-14-2006, 09:51 AM

if anybody wants an RLZ head that hasn't been run, PM me

bonus - NO WAITING!

Dave
Old 07-14-2006, 10:07 AM

Default Re: RLZ Enginering ??? (Surubasi00)

My brother also has sent in a head to have a pnp and have the combustions chamber opened up, and a block sent to get sleeved and have it all assemebled. I think it been almost 6 to 7 months maybe even more. They tell us the same thing I wish they would just be honest and tell the customers the truth and tell them that I havent even touched it or something.
Old 07-14-2006, 12:04 PM
New User

Best way to get ahold of RLZ is to PM airshifter on here or email speedinnovations@ctc.net Brad has my block and head too, he is taking care of me and I am waiting till it's done. If it is 2008 then it get's done, he has always taken care of me and anybody I have forwarded to him. I am sure he will get it done and if I speak to him I will mention you to him.
Old 07-14-2006, 12:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (T12UNK5)

that really suck to have to wait that long. When i sent my head out to Alaniz about 2 years ago, all i had to wait was 1 week. Although now i see on his website that it says to expect about a month wait. And i've read threads about people waiting quite a bit longer then that. It just seems that all these places that do great head porting are swamped right now. Sucks u guys have to wait that long, i'd be pretty pissed.
Old 07-14-2006, 12:15 PM
New User

Just FYI, Howard and Brad RARELY even get online these days. Brad is a ONE MAN porting machine! I left a message with Howard and let him know this thread was up, he is letting Brad know. I am sure he will contact you, both of them are friends of mine and it has been very very hard for me to get ahold of them also. They actually wanted to hire someone to run the front office and sales so they could continue to build motors, tune cars and port heads. I will also try again to get ahold of Brad and help you out Keep in mind I do not get ahold of them through the biz line, I have their personal cell #s which dont work in their building, my phone never works in their building even.
Old 07-14-2006, 08:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Boostfed.com)

I finally talked to RLZ and he said that I should be getting flow sheets, tracking number and some pics this weekend.
Old 07-14-2006, 08:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Boostfed.com)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by strsi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">When i sent my head out to Alaniz about 2 years ago, all i had to wait was 1 week. Although now i see on his website that it says to expect about a month wait.</TD></TR></TABLE>

He was my 2nd choice. When I spoke with him, he was very helpful and foward with all my questions. The price was real close to Brads, and the wait for brads was only 2 weeks more. So That was 1 of the reasons I choose RLZ. (why not go with the best if its only going to take a few more days).

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boostfed.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I left a message with Howard and let him know this thread was up, he is letting Brad know,

I have their personal cell # </TD></TR></TABLE>

I also have his cell #. and as far as letting him know about this thread. He already has seen it. (8:37 AM 7/14/2006) MAX_CFM: Im sorry your upset ..
about your delay ..
I am finshing it up .. with the other one ..
~ Brad

I'm not looking for any "special treatment" . Speacialy after hearing that there is others that have been waiting longer than I have. I was just looking for a reson why he hasn't replyed to any PM's or calls.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ninor &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">victims of their own sucess...</TD></TR></TABLE> I think you nailed it ninor.

Old 07-15-2006, 12:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Delayed head.

I was in that club. I gave up after a year. Brad is not a bad guy, but he can lag pretty badly. I had heard that he was getting better, but I guess there are still a few unhappy customers

Quick Reply: RLZ Enginering ???