Notices
Acura RSX DC5 & Honda Civic EP3 Includes DC5 Integra Type R & 5dr Civic hatchback

SRS light????

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2003, 06:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SRS light????

Does anyone know how to reset the SRS light? I am putting aftermarket seats on my EP and after I plugged everything back on , the SRS light was on.
And NO I didnt have air bags on the seats and YES I used the same plugs that the seats have , so they are plugged in.
Is this a dealer only can do thing?

TIA
Old 02-24-2003, 05:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: SRS light???? (eg_nezay)

Does anyone know how to reset the SRS light? I am putting aftermarket seats on my EP and after I plugged everything back on , the SRS light was on.
And NO I didnt have air bags on the seats and YES I used the same plugs that the seats have , so they are plugged in.
Is this a dealer only can do thing?

TIA
Once you disconnect the airbags wire to your seat the SRS light automatically comes on indicating your airbags have been deployed and will stay on. As far as reseting the light you will have to go back to the dealership to get it removed. But if you installed aftermarket seats and just cut the wires off of the stock seats and put them back in the plug the ecu still reads it as no airbag, or the airbag was deployed. So if the stock seats are gone and you just cut the sitck airbag wire off and installed it, you will be seeing that light for a looooong time bro.

Hope this helped.Good luck.
Old 02-24-2003, 05:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

here ya go:

http://members.***.net/uf-gator/srs/...ght_reset.html

or from dogpile5:

It is a yellow connector with two wires in it that is plugged into the fuse box, unplug it and pull it down. Once you have done that you can begin the process of erasing the memory. NOTE: This will only reset your SRS System if what caused it to trigger has been fixed, Ex: turning the ignition on with any SRS Plugs disconnected, such as pulling your seat out.

1st step in erasing the memory is to turn the ignition off and connect the SCS Service connector to the MES Plug,

2nd Turn Ignition on. SRS indicator light will come on for about 6 seconds then go off.

3rd Disconnect SCS service connector for MES connector within 4 seconds after SRS indicator light goes off. SRS indicator light will come on again.

4th Reconnect SCS service connector the MES connector within 4 seconds after SRS light comes on. SRS indicator light will go off.

5th Disconnect SCS service connector from MES connector within 4 seconds. SRS indicator light will indicate that memory is erased by blinking 2 times.

6th Turn ignition off, and wait 10 seconds. Start vehicle like normal and light should come on and go out like normal. You have reset your SRS light, congrats.

If it does not work the first time try it again, the timing has to be perfect. My first time it took me 3 attempts before it worked, but it did work.

(quoted from http://www.teamdelsol.com)

[Modified by 95hbMatt, 9:50 PM 2/24/2003]
Old 02-24-2003, 09:27 PM

Default Re: SRS light???? (f1nal zeros)

Once you disconnect the airbags wire to your seat the SRS light automatically comes on indicating your airbags have been deployed and will stay on. As far as reseting the light you will have to go back to the dealership to get it removed. But if you installed aftermarket seats and just cut the wires off of the stock seats and put them back in the plug the ecu still reads it as no airbag, or the airbag was deployed. So if the stock seats are gone and you just cut the sitck airbag wire off and installed it, you will be seeing that light for a looooong time bro.

Hope this helped.Good luck.

I did NO cutting to the wires, just removed the whole seat belt assembly for the stock ones on to the new ones.
Old 02-24-2003, 09:31 PM

Default Re: SRS light???? (95hbMatt)

Thanks 95hbMatt
Im going to try that tomorrow as soon as it stops rainning.
I called the dealer and they told me that I cant reset it , it needs some kind of computer to read whats wrong with it and to reset it. They also want to charge me 80bux just to reset it.
Well hope that info u gave me works....
Old 02-24-2003, 10:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Your welcome man!
Yeah I took my car in due to the SRS light being on cuz I unplugged the plug to the airbag cuz I was doing some stuff to my dash and when I plugged it back in the light popped on. This was awhile back before the info posted above but the guy at the honda dealer didn't hook up it to any kind of machine, he just used this yellow plug with a jumper in it and plugged it into another plug under the dash....same as what was posted above and it cleared it. And the good thing is he didn't charge me for it! It has been over a year and it hasn't came back on!
Old 02-24-2003, 11:37 PM

hmmm... so if they didnt hook up a machine, how do they know when there is a problem? Thats what the dealer said , by hooking that machine up , it points out exaclty where the problem is.
Old 02-25-2003, 10:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well I doubt he hooked it up to anything cuz he reset it in the parking lot of the honda dealership....I told him what the problem was and how it got there and he went inside and got the plug with the jumper, plugged it in and did a few other things(I wasn't really paying attention) and it cleared! Unless he had some sort of handheld thing that he brought out with him that I didn't notice.
Old 02-25-2003, 08:29 PM

yea, I believe is some kind of handheld thing not a big machine or anything. They just told me that it reads the codes and it clears the codes if its approved.
Now I dont know if I should try what u told me , Im kinda iffy...I dont want the airbags popping on me Anyone else try reseting it on their own?
Old 02-26-2003, 06:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yea, I believe is some kind of handheld thing not a big machine or anything. They just told me that it reads the codes and it clears the codes if its approved.
Now I dont know if I should try what u told me , Im kinda iffy...I dont want the airbags popping on me Anyone else try reseting it on their own?
Sounds like you're talking about an OBDII scanner, and that's geared towards the check engine light, rather than the srs light.
Old 02-26-2003, 09:57 AM

Got it confirmed by a mechanic at the dealer and said it should work
Old 02-26-2003, 11:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

cool, let us know how it goes! and keep your head clear of the airbags!..lol
Old 03-02-2003, 06:13 PM

ok...after like 15 tries ....

FINALLY did it! I was starting to think it wasnt going to work.

Thanks Matt
Old 03-03-2003, 06:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Your welcome bro....glad it worked out for ya!