Notices
Acura RSX DC5 & Honda Civic EP3 Includes DC5 Integra Type R & 5dr Civic hatchback

Petefromthestreets finally going turbo fuck shit up Borg Warner build

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2015, 10:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Petefromthestreets finally going turbo **** **** up Borg Warner build

Like the title says I'm finally going turbo.

After fighting with the car for years and dreaming to set records I had to give up on my supercharger nonsense. I've been at it since 2010 with the Rotrex supercharger and have had my fill of the fun it has to offer.

Once I put PPG's in the trans I pretty much decided I was fighting an uphill battle.

After 3 built motors and 3 gearsets I've deemed it time to move on.

I will not state power or time goals as they aren't needed.

My previous setup made 530hp/404trq
Ran an 11.90 @124.36mph.
1.96 60ft. Ewww

Now its time to simply make more and go faster.

The motor is built and sleeved along with the trans being built.

I'm currently in the parts collection stage as I recently sold my Rotrex blower setup.

Onto the pictures

Chime in with opinions or questions alike...

Say goodbye to the blower..

My PTE66 gate!

The turbo of choice
Can't go wrong with a Borg.

And me messing around with the turbo

Waiting on my:
Fmic
4 port Boost controller
Turbo manifold- by Turbo Elements

And fab work to be done....
Stay tuned
Old 10-23-2015, 10:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Petefromthestreets finally going turbo **** **** up Borg Warner build

Turbo blanket and gold tape came in yesterday. So of course I put the blanket on the turbo lol

Going to start prepping the bay for turbo install
Old 10-23-2015, 10:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Petefromthestreets finally going turbo **** **** up Borg Warner build

IM and throttle body are in!

Skunk2 ultra with skunk2 90mm tb

BOSS!

Have to order a new ps/ac elim kit as my ep3 idler won't fit with this massive manifold.

Ordering a space for it soon before fab work is done
Old 10-23-2015, 10:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So I got around to doing some more clean up on the intake manifold.

Enjoy...

Old 10-23-2015, 10:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So I've been sitting a a stand still a couple weeks. Ive got a few things coming in still.

Aem 5 bar map sensor and pigtail.

Ktuned water pump block off plate.

And a Turbo manifold. (Going through tough times with this)

I painted my intake manifold flat black and installed a skunk2 1L spacer in it as well.

I removed the old water pump housing, idler, tensioner and alternator.

Installed the intake manifold on the car now that the water pump housing doesn't make contact.

As for the turbo manifold I'm at a stand still currently. Problem after problem. Need that to really start working on placement of everything.

Hope you guys enjoy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Old 10-23-2015, 10:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Manifolds current situation

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Old 10-23-2015, 11:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well the manifold has been completed. I go pick up the car Wednesday. Then I need to make some oil lines and swap out cams at some point. I can't wait. Should be running by next weekend.

Dat gate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-23-2015, 11:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So I just got back home with the car.

She needs a couple things before it will fire up but I can be patient.

Anyways here are some pics...

I am beyond thrilled with the outcome so far. Just a few things need to be cleaned up and addressed before she's street ready.

Thanks for looking.

Lmk what you think.

Old 10-23-2015, 11:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Here's some daytime shots.

Old 10-23-2015, 11:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Took the trans back out of the car. Prior to tear down and purchase of the turbo components I had issues getting the car into 5/6 gears. Figured it was a synchro issue.

Turns out the hub was broken at all 3 channels where the synchro mates to the hub. It messed up both synchros pretty bad. You can see a good synchro vs the bad in the pictures below.

Onto the pics.

Enjoy....

My coupler for turbo to hot side came in

Still need to order the proper size tbolt clamps and feed and return lines.

Old 10-23-2015, 11:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So anyways.... I rewrapped the manifold and dump tube and finished wrapping the downpipe with DEI titanium wrap. Love that stuff.

I had one helluva time bolting the manifold to the head...

The guy who built it ran 2 m10x1.5 bolts in it. They are supposed to be 10x1.25 bolts.

I went to pepboys and bought their manifold bolt kit since I needed to install studs. One I got the studs in I found out half the holes didn't line up to the flange 100% so I went out and bought some bits for my dremel. Got well aquatinted with them for a while and finally got it on about 1am.

Here's some pics.

That's where I left off last night. Tonight, I hope to get the gate on and positioned right, the boost controller lines and boost controller mounted, and lines ran. The turbo bolted tight, oil feed line ran, intercooler piping on, and water pump hooked back up..... That's a long list of stuff for only a couple hour window. We shall see what gets done.

Still need to relocate battery, and finish moving fuse box.

Old 10-23-2015, 03:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let me be the first to say something since it has not been done yet..... umm who are you? lol. No but damn... Did some serious work there sir. Had to show some acknowledgement. Keep it going and godspeed.
Old 10-23-2015, 03:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by BoBaFreak
Let me be the first to say something since it has not been done yet..... umm who are you? lol. No but damn... Did some serious work there sir. Had to show some acknowledgement. Keep it going and godspeed.
Haha. My names Pete, I came from clubrsx and boostedk20.com. Those are my main forums. I've been supercharged for so long. Got tired of it and decided to go against the grain of 6262 cars out there. Keeping it old school with the Borg Warner s366.

I appreciate the words of encouragement and thank you for looking.
Old 11-20-2015, 12:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Now that my testing is over with I've got time to get back to the car. Here's a pic of gold on the rad. That's all the wrap I'll be applying now. May remove the bit on the manifold. I'm undecided.

Waiting on the shop to get back to me about getting the car up there for modification of the intercooler piping, and make the battery relocation tray and then she should be good to tune and roll out.
Old 11-28-2015, 02:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

SUBSCRIBED!!!
Old 11-30-2015, 01:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

WHAT UP PETE! Can't wait to see this beast back out!
Old 12-03-2015, 07:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by GoldieWang
SUBSCRIBED!!!
Thanks man! Appreciate the interest.

Originally Posted by SettleMoore
WHAT UP PETE! Can't wait to see this beast back out!
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! wassup. She's running now! You and me both!
Old 12-03-2015, 07:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So a couple days ago now I started her up for the first time turbo'd. What an amazing time. I am in love with the sidewinder sound and to my surprise the car is sooooooo quiet. Even on a cold start she's much quieter than my car was at operating temperature with the blower.

Can't wait to finish the fmic piping and mount the battery. Then I finally get to take her on the road.

Anyways. Here's some video of it. More to follow soon.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/979wwlggxv...%20PM.mov?dl=0

Old 12-07-2015, 10:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Cars going to the shop this week for sure. Hopefully Wednesday is what I was told. So that will be great

But anyways here's a couple revs I'm digging the sound of the exhaust now with the turbo installed.

Much much quieter than when supercharged

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0l80qfcodj...%20AM.mov?dl=0

Old 12-29-2015, 10:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So I've had the car out a few times but we've had some really shitty weather. So not too much more to add on while I wait for dyno time. The car is going to be a lot of fun though. I can tell. Did a pull 2 days ago and it made 22psi. But a/f jumped to the 12's so it's not tuned for that much boost yet.

Made 22psi at 6800rpm. Still have another 2000+rpm to go. Virtual dyno says is made 531/422

It made 2psi till about 4600 I think maybe 5600. Then shot up. So it definitely needs tuning to get the boost controller working as it should.

Here's a little fly by. Made 12psi peak when it spun as I let off the throttle.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2kmdtj3z2r...%20PM.mov?dl=0

But we're going to find out for sure what power it's at soon enough.

Old 01-05-2016, 11:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm not one to question most things people do but even with a tune for a blower shouldn't you wait till you tune it to drive it, much less run it wot?
Old 01-05-2016, 12:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by GoldieWang
I'm not one to question most things people do but even with a tune for a blower shouldn't you wait till you tune it to drive it, much less run it wot?
I will not disagree at all. But I have tuned my car myself for the last 3 years and blew one motor up due to ignorance on my part. I logged my car and have ran upwards of 20psi on a previous setup. This was my basemap for the turbo setup. Not just a random basemap off the web or program. And after those pulls I have since disabled the BC and its back on 4psi until I actually have it professionally tuned.
Old 01-11-2016, 06:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking good! I run a Borg myself on my DC2. Great project.
Old 02-01-2016, 05:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

oh ok sounds a lot better lol, let us know what you make on the dyno. Im eager to see!
Old 06-28-2016, 04:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok so it's been a while since I've been posting. I've had various reasons as to why that is. Mainly because I didn't want everyone knowing 100% of what my car had done on the dyno. But I just don't care anymore at this point.

So anyways I found out what my Ecu issue was. My kpro board had fried. So I sent my Ecu is for diag/repair. $350 later I received a working kpro.

Car started up perfect. THANK GOD!

Got the car loaded up on the trailer and off we went to the shop.

#treblictuned shop is the ****. Nothing in there that isn't racecar. Except mine when He pulled it on the dyno.

Strapped her down and he built me up a Kal. Asked me questions about the build, trans, wastegate, Ect.
He did his first pull to see what the gate would hold. It held a solid 6psi to redline
https://vimeo.com/169038238

Car made like 240hp. That was pretty sweet. But even with the pwm booster the spring would only go to 9psi at 80% duty cycle. So we took the gate off and changed out the spring to a 12psi Spring. Going from 6psi spring to 12lb Spring the car picked up 100hp. Lol

https://vimeo.com/169038535

Tuning in 93 pump gas from 7-11. The car layed down 554hp @ 17psi with the filter on the turbo. I asked him if the filter was too small and he said "let's do a pull with it off".

https://vimeo.com/169038674

Car made 562hp with it off. So all in all the filter is doing pretty well. Flowing enough Ect.

Out goes the pump gas and in goes the race gas. 2- 5 gallons of Q16.

First pull on the gas with modified ignition car made 640hp tires barely holding the power to redline. Next pull he added to trackbite to the rollers to try and help and it blew the tires off and made 646hp.
https://vimeo.com/169039014

Tuner said he was Leary about tuning in 4th gear as the car would pick up a **** ton of torque. He was worried about the trans. (He forgot I had a PPG do my box in there. Lol) so I said **** that put it in 4th.

First pull In 4th gear 30psi a coupler blew off the tb and the car made an astounding 780whp.

https://vimeo.com/169039140

I couldn't believe the car had just done that. My goal walking in there was 700. And 740 MAX! But it made that. I kept asking if that was real!

We fixed the coupler and used a bit of hairspray to keep it on this time. Next run on the dyno.

https://vimeo.com/169039379

Made 793whp 603ft/lb trq @30.1psi.

My little Borg s366 was putting in some work.

We turned it back down to 27psi and it made 733whp. So that is where it sits currently.

https://vimeo.com/169039437

All in all I am extremely happy with the car and tune and it's amazing how much power these K's can make. Only trouble being the chassis it's in. They are so heavy and restrictive.

I drove the car to the track the next weekend and got tires switched over.

Car looks mean AF!

First pass of the day

11.5 @ 139mph

Car drifted towards the wall and yes I got scared of it. Lol

2nd pass.
11.33 @ 122mph
Car drifted again and started cutting out. Let off at some point.

3rd pass
11.1 @ 143mph
Car ran solid but I knew it had more. I was getting more and more comfortable with it.

I decided I wasn't leaving till I went 10's.

So back to the lanes I went.

4th pass
10.74 @ 145
Car ran great. Small hiccup with the throttle.

https://vimeo.com/169040005

Found out the tps wires were held on by a couple strands on one or two wires.

Fixed that and am about to head back to get some more personal bests.

Wish me luck.

Hey guys. Sorry I hadn't Been here in a while. Was chasing minor issues here and there and I believe I solved my cooling issues. The pump I had forcing coolant through my radiator as opposed to through the motor. So I suppose it would force out the cap and not in through the head and would lose enough water that it would cavitate.

But that's solved.

UPDATE:

The Tuesday before Import Face-Off June 12th In New Jersey I was taking my car to the exhaust shop for them to weld a new vband onto my exhaust. And on the way there I had my hood fly up.

I was rushing the night before getting it all wrapped up so I could take it over in the morning and I had forgotten to put my front Tbar back in. And that just so happens to have my hood pins on it. So predictably the hood flew up and caused a great deal of damage. $3600 in damage to be exact. It definitely hurts my feelings to see it like this. Especially when I spent so much time fixing all my issues the weekend before. But by me rushing that's what happened.

Anyways, it's off to the body shop to get repaired and new paint all around. Friend of a friend is hooking me up. Hope to have it back in the next couple weeks.

Then after I get it back from paint I am taking the car straight to the exhaust shop and having a completely new exhaust made instead of fixing my old one.

Going with a 3" vband up front, oval midpipe, and 2 race mufflers leading to the rear bumper.

The vibrant 9" is going to act as my resonator just before the rear LCA and the extended tip muffler will be the muffler exiting the rear bumper. I can't wait to see and hear the end result.

Should sound pretty boss once done. I can't wait to see the new paint and exhaust combo.

Stay tuned guys and thanks for checking in.

Quick Reply: Petefromthestreets finally going turbo fuck shit up Borg Warner build