Notices
Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

PLEASE READ: Helping out your HT/ITR Family - Len - AKA the guy who helps us all out with OEM Parts.

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2004, 12:28 PM
Founding Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Helping out your HT/ITR Family - Len AKA the guy who helps us all out with OEM Parts.

A few HT members brought Len's thread to my attention and needless to say after reading it I wanted to do whatever I could to help him.

I've never met Len and never have really ordered any OEM parts from him but I have spoken to him from time to time on HT and have seen how he does his best to help out all of the HT members, Now it's time we help Len out in his time of need.

(If you haven't read it Len Lost his Family Dog and House as well as his car, his parents car and many posessions. He was lucky to have escaped the house.)
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=840582

I'd like to get something going for Len, maybe have people interested in helping paypal me whatever they would like to donate and send Len and his Family either cash or items that can help them out. To those interested, would paypal be ok with everyone or do you guys have another idea in mind and any idea what Items we could send if not just cash?

<FONT SIZE="3">To Donate:</FONT>

To donate please IM me for info on how to contact Len, Please do not send Paypal or any form of money to me without prior contact, Thank You.

<FONT COLOR="red">UPDATE: 4/26/04</FONT>
So Far we have raised over $2800 for Len and his family. 1st Check is going out to them this week, with a second soon after (after some checks clear and payments arrive)

<FONT COLOR="red">UPDATE: 5/11/04</FONT>
So far about $3300-3400 (rough estimate) raised for Len, Great Job everyone.
Sending out the 2nd Check this week. Any further donations please read above.
Old 04-21-2004, 12:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Helping out your HT/ITR Family - Len AKA the guy who helps us all out with OEM Parts. (Mike M)

Couldn't have written it any better myself. Thanks Mike for a great idea.

I'd be willing to contribute. For me, $ is better, as I don't have much useful.
Old 04-21-2004, 12:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Helping out your HT/ITR Family - Len AKA the guy who helps us all out with OEM Parts. (Mike M)

paypal would work for me..

Mike, does your Boxer have any puppies?? I know smokey can't be replaced, but it's a place to start.

I assume the essential items would be replaced under insurance.

finally got mine sent out.. hope it helps.

Modified by DsR at 11:59 PM 4/22/2004
Old 04-21-2004, 12:31 PM
FSAE

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If there is a Paypal account ready, post it up.

Len has hooked it up, and I know he is a major contributor to this community. It would be the least any of us can do.

EDIT: Sent some money, not a boatload, but everything helps in this sort of situation.

Modified by 92TypeR at 12:17 AM 4/22/2004
Old 04-21-2004, 12:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sounds like a good idea to me. I hate paypal and their damn "service charges" but every little bit will help out Im sure.
Old 04-21-2004, 12:34 PM
Founding Member

Default Re: (RTW DC2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RTW DC2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I hate paypal and their damn "service charges" but every little bit will help out Im sure. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Yeah, thats why I asked if anyone had any other ideas besides paypal.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 92TypeR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If there is a Paypal account ready, post it up.</TD></TR></TABLE>
I'll have it all setup by tommorow afternoon.
Old 04-21-2004, 12:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (RTW DC2)

Paypal would be fine with me, and Id love to help him out.
Old 04-21-2004, 12:36 PM
I shoot brides

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

My paypal is primed and ready to send cash right now.

Just gimme the send to address and I'll hit the pay now button
Old 04-21-2004, 12:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Helping out your HT/ITR Family - Len AKA the guy who helps us all out with OEM Parts. (yoshi234)

I'm up for paypal. I can add a paypal address to the Expo account if you don't have an account set asdie mike.
Old 04-21-2004, 12:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Helping out your HT/ITR Family - Len AKA the guy who helps us all out with OEM Parts. (yoshi234)

cash would prolly be the best way for those of us who aren't local to him to help out.
Old 04-21-2004, 12:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Helping out your HT/ITR Family - Len AKA the guy who helps us all out with OEM Parts. (lanceh)

I think Len has a paypal account. Just send it to him... it will be quicker for him to get the funds than trying to route it to several different places.
Old 04-21-2004, 12:43 PM

Default Re: Helping out your HT/ITR Family - Len AKA the guy who helps us all out with OEM Parts. (lanceh)

Count me in.

Although money is not the most sincere way to help, but it is the least we can do.
Old 04-21-2004, 12:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I agree with Cos, probably easiest that way, for him and for us that arent local. He would probably feel selfish by putting up his paypal address though.
Old 04-21-2004, 12:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Helping out your HT/ITR Family - Len AKA the guy who helps us all out with OEM Parts. (nEoMuGen)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nEoMuGen &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Count me in.

Although money is not the most sincere way to help, but it is the least we can do.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

especially with us all (mostly) being far away.
Old 04-21-2004, 12:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Helping out your HT/ITR Family - Len AKA the guy who helps us all out with OEM Parts. (Chris N)

address to send a money order. i dont have paypal
Old 04-21-2004, 01:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Helping out your HT/ITR Family - Len AKA the guy who helps us all out with OEM Parts. (ek four)

Unfortunately I do not have anything to donate that would be of any help. Count me in if there ends up being a Paypal account for donations.
Old 04-21-2004, 01:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Helping out your HT/ITR Family - Len AKA the guy who helps us all out with OEM Parts. (Comp97GSR

Mike, if y'all decide to send him something other than money, you can send it to my warehouse and I will bring it to Len.
Old 04-21-2004, 01:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Helping out your HT/ITR Family - Len AKA the guy who helps us all out with OEM Parts. (Comp97GSR

I'm in too! Paypal would work the best for me. Maybe someone could move this thread into GDD cuz len did hook up all of HT, not just the Type R forum
Old 04-21-2004, 01:22 PM
Founding Member

Default Re: Helping out your HT/ITR Family - Len AKA the guy who helps us all out with OEM Parts. (Cosworth)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Cosworth &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think Len has a paypal account. Just send it to him... it will be quicker for him to get the funds than trying to route it to several different places. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Good idea Sean, I'm going to contact Len and see if he wouldn't mind that. This way they get the money asap, instead of transferring it from account to account. If he doesn't want too I have my account ready to go.

I'd like to send something a little more personal than cash however in this case I'd like the donations to help where they are really needed and think that cash will be best so that Len and his family may use it where they need it.
Old 04-21-2004, 01:23 PM
:thumbsdown:

Default Re: Helping out your HT/ITR Family - Len AKA the guy who helps us all out with OEM Parts. (Cosworth)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Cosworth &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think Len has a paypal account. Just send it to him... it will be quicker for him to get the funds than trying to route it to several different places. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yup, that way we'll get hit w/ less fee's.

2 transfers = 6%

while direct to his account would be only 3%
Old 04-21-2004, 01:25 PM

Would you happen to have an address for Len, Mike? Or should we send it to your shop?
Old 04-21-2004, 01:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I dont have much to give but once a paypal address is situated let me know. Im in disbelief...
Old 04-21-2004, 01:35 PM
Founding Member

Default Re: Helping out your HT/ITR Family - Len AKA the guy who helps us all out with OEM Parts. (:thumbsdo

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by :thumbsdown: &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yup, that way we'll get hit w/ less fee's.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Well I woudn't send the funds from my Paypal to his I would send him a check.
Old 04-21-2004, 01:42 PM
Banned

I'm ready when you are captain.
Old 04-21-2004, 01:43 PM

My paypal account is presently drained, however I do have some cash set aside for an emergency which I'll be glad to part with for Len's sake.

Quick Reply: PLEASE READ: Helping out your HT/ITR Family - Len - AKA the guy who helps us all out with OEM Parts.