Notices
Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

OEM optional side skirt in green? worth$

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2016, 03:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 272 Likes on 260 Posts
Default OEM optional side skirt in green? worth$

Hello I purchased a 98 integra LS for a good deal from a freind, it came with the OEM optional side skirts and front lip, there painted green to match the car I think but the seller said there original green side skirts but I'm not aware of the ITR coming in green. There real oem side skirts and front lip so my question is are these rare cause there green and what would they be worth if thats the case? Or was it obviously paint matched for the car? Also If Anyone Is interested in buying them pm me I'd rather sell the car with out them before it gets stolen in CA!
Old 05-27-2016, 03:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Re: OEM optional side skirt in green? worth$

ITR's only came in red, silver, black, white and yellow.
Old 05-27-2016, 03:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The side skirts and rear valance were an OEM option for all integras. There is some misinformation that these are ONLY on the type R when that is not the case.

They are most likely factory green paint that were dealer installed when the car was purchased.
Old 05-27-2016, 06:15 PM
Fish Twig

Received 309 Likes on 285 Posts

Satin Silver Type R? 1st I've heard, I've only seen black,red and white.
Old 05-27-2016, 06:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by tony_2018
Satin Silver Type R? 1st I've heard, I've only seen black,red and white.
Vogue silver
Old 05-27-2016, 09:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by exotik4doorcivic
The side skirts and rear valance were an OEM option for all integras. There is some misinformation that these are ONLY on the type R when that is not the case.

They are most likely factory green paint that were dealer installed when the car was purchased.
Yes I do believe they were painted and installed by the dealer. So your saying the side skirt is a Integra oem optional side skirt not Type R in specific because I always see them listed as oem ITR optional side skirts?

Old 05-27-2016, 09:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The only usdm type R accessories listed in the brochure were the trunk mat, nose mask and floor mats.

There was also a battery stay, spark plug cover and oil cap that came with Integra Type R on them which were in an anodized blue,red or aluminum finish.

Things like the cargo net, fog lamps, slash gaurds and side skirts/valance were options from the dealer
Old 05-27-2016, 10:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The only usdm type R accessories listed in the brochure were the trunk mat, nose mask and floor mats.

There was also a battery stay, spark plug cover and oil cap that came with Integra Type R on them which were in an anodized blue,red or aluminum finish.

Things like the cargo net, fog lamps, slash gaurds and side skirts/valance were options from the dealer

Very good info thanks. By chance any one have an realistic today's price or market value for the sides and front lip? I'd like to price it reasonable to sell.
Old 05-28-2016, 12:20 AM
99-0104

front lip if in good condition $300 oem optional sides and rears $700 is what i see them posted for from time to time
Old 05-28-2016, 04:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wunfstgsr
So your saying the side skirt is a Integra oem optional side skirt not Type R in specific because I always see them listed as oem ITR optional side skirts?
The ITR description helps sell them I suppose. In the Japanese sales brochures I have, the skirts were a general Integra option, as was the R spoiler too. In Europe and the UK where only the R version was imported they're sold as for the R. The US like Japan had the different models of Integra so were a general dealer option.

Vogue silver
+1. The Euro market got white, black and red, the US got those three plus the yellow. IIRC the Australian market also got the yellow as an option? The Japanese got all of the above plus silver. Yellow and silver didn't seem to be big sellers in Japan judging by the auctions anyway, with silver coming along rarely and yellow with yellow seats being the rarest of all to come up. I was specifically looking for a silver example and it took a good chunk of six months before one came along that I bought and this was in the mid noughties when there were a lot of R's going through. Though the four door DB8 R was quite common to see in silver. I never saw nor heard of a yellow DB8, even though it was an option.
Old 05-28-2016, 05:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Im really surprised silver never came to the US, especially around that time period of the late 90s and early 2000s, silver started being a really popular color.

I've seen the optionals on a few cars in the area on an otherwise stock LS automatic. Im still a bit mixed on the skirts and rear valance vs not having it...so I wouldn't pay top dollar for them.
Old 05-28-2016, 09:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by aw614
Im really surprised silver never came to the US, especially around that time period of the late 90s and early 2000s, silver started being a really popular color.

I've seen the optionals on a few cars in the area on an otherwise stock LS automatic. Im still a bit mixed on the skirts and rear valance vs not having it...so I wouldn't pay top dollar for them.

Yea its why I'm not putting it on my other integra lol
Old 05-28-2016, 09:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes I do believe they were painted and installed by the dealer. So your saying the side skirt is a Integra oem optional side skirt not Type R in specific because I always see them listed as oem ITR optional side skirts?

Yes, it is a misinformation that these side skirts were ITR specific. They were made for all third gen integras, I purchased a new set from the dealer back in the day in SSBP.
Old 05-28-2016, 03:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Seedc2
Yes, it is a misinformation that these side skirts were ITR specific. They were made for all third gen integras, I purchased a new set from the dealer back in the day in SSBP.
Crazy in all the years of owning a Integra I never knew. I personally like the look of the 98 + usdm ITR body with just the front lip and wing hence why my white gsr was made to look like that I'm just not a fan of the sides I had it on my old 98 red gsr and liked it then but on my white integra I like the ITR look it has.
Old 05-28-2016, 04:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

These things are ugly. And the price for them is retarded.
Old 05-29-2016, 02:03 PM
Fish Twig

Crazy in all the years of owning a Integra I never knew. I personally like the look of the 98 + usdm ITR body with just the front lip and wing hence why my white gsr was made to look like that I'm just not a fan of the sides I had it on my old 98 red gsr and liked it then but on my white integra I like the ITR look it has.
If they were "optional" side skirts, than yeah, it was an option. That is what I remember back in my T-I days.
Old 06-04-2016, 03:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by itr#1334
These things are ugly. And the price for them is retarded.

Depends imo on some Integras it looks nice with the weather stripping but I personally don't like it. But yea the price is up there probably from the rarity of the oem units maybe..

Originally Posted by tony_2018
If they were "optional" side skirts, than yeah, it was an option. That is what I remember back in my T-I days.
It is pretty self explanatory lol but I just for some reason thaught they were Type R specific, prolly heard someone say it a long time ago and my ignorant *** believed him haha
Old 06-05-2016, 11:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Depends imo on some Integras it looks nice with the weather stripping but I personally don't like it. But yea the price is up there probably from the rarity of the oem units maybe..

It is pretty self explanatory lol but I just for some reason thaught they were Type R specific, prolly heard someone say it a long time ago and my ignorant *** believed him haha

i remember when the dealer sold them for 400 new and they couldnt give them away at that price
Old 06-06-2016, 08:45 AM
Fish Twig

To this day, I still think they were type R's even though I've confirmed them to be an option. Its all gravy, we do love our integra's. Only difference is I no longer own one. I am on a hunt for a db though, or another em1...dunno yet.
Old 06-06-2016, 10:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by kyosoeg6
i remember when the dealer sold them for 400 new and they couldnt give them away at that price
Got the front lip, sides and rear for 350 shipped painted my color.
Sold the sides and rears for 300, should have added ITR tax.
Old 06-06-2016, 02:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by redGSRguy
Got the front lip, sides and rear for 350 shipped painted my color.
Sold the sides and rears for 300, should have added ITR tax.
Where did you purchase then from? I got the one on my white integra for $20 a few years back when I baught this guys Evo Recaro seats in his ITR he gave me the lip for $20 and i was so happy lol
Old 06-07-2016, 12:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Radley Acura cleared out their kits back in the day. Nice score.

Where did you purchase then from? I got the one on my white integra for $20 a few years back when I baught this guys Evo Recaro seats in his ITR he gave me the lip for $20 and i was so happy lol
Old 08-23-2016, 02:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member