Notices
Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

I don't know why this thread got removed but we'll try again.... Rice finally falls.

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2003, 06:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I don't know why this thread got removed but we'll try again.... Rice finally falls.

Hey, if someone could tell me why this got tossed, I just want to make sure I'm not doing something I shouldn't. Thanks. Well I'll pasted up the article in case it was because of were my link was to. I'm still tickled by this.

APC fined $650,000 by NHTSA and Recall

Source: http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/nhtsa....html

American Products Company To Pay
$650,000 Civil Penalty For Sale of Lamps
Not Meeting Safety Standards

The U.S. Department of Transportation's National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) announced today that American Products Company (APC) has agreed to pay a $650,000 civil penalty as a result of its manufacture, certification, and sale of replacement lamps that did not comply with federal safety standards.

Over the past several years, APC sold various models of noncomplying replacement tail lamps, commonly sold as "clear" tail lamps or "Eurotail" lamps. Some of the non-complying models replaced red lamps and reflectors with clear ones. Others were missing side marker lamps or reflectors.

APC also sold other noncompliant replacement lighting equipment, including clear corner and bumper lenses and high-intensity discharge (HID) conversion kits. The nonconforming equipment was sold by a variety of retailers. The lamps and lenses have been the subject of four recalls covering thousands of parts.

The parts and model numbers associated with these safety recalls are listed on NHTSA's web site, http://www.nhtsa.gov/ under the recall numbers 99E-039, 00E-078, 01E-035 and 03E-014. Part and model numbers are located either on the lamps or on the packaging in which the lamps were sold. Consumers with questions about this or any other safety recall campaign should call NHTSA's toll-free Auto Safety Hotline, (888) 327-4236.
Old 06-01-2003, 06:29 PM
Global Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I don't know why this thread got removed but we'll try again.... Rice finally falls. (Dirty Dee)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dirty Dee &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey, if someone could tell me why this got tossed, I just want to make sure I'm not doing something I shouldn't. Thanks. Well I'll pasted up the article in case it was because of were my link was to. I'm still tickled by this.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I did not lock it this time.

But it was deleted last time by me because it has nothing to do with ITRs.

Do not start a new thread if you already made one that was locked/deleted.