Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

QUESTION BOUT SUPERCHARGER!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2005, 05:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default QUESTION BOUT SUPERCHARGER!!!!!!!!!!!

yo im bout to get a supercharger but i wanna know what will i be in for ? like how is it compared to turbo? how much hp will i be lookin at with a stock engine and how much with a slighty built engine ? and what do u guys think bout a b series motor with a jackson ? im just askin for what u guys think and ur opinion?

also bump for a good deal on supercharger

Old 05-07-2005, 06:05 PM

Default Re: QUESTION BOUT SUPERCHARGER!!!!!!!!!!! (allmotorek8)

what motor? i recommend not getting a supercharger on a LS motor. u do NOT get what u paid for because of the lack of torque and power gain. also the power from superchargers are based on the size of pulley u install so u will be limited to how much u can make. u will not be able to increase boost, plus u lose some HP to gain the HP because the supercharger is run off of ur belt, and not spent gas like turbos do.

but all said and done, supercharged GSRs are pretty fun.
Old 05-07-2005, 06:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i got a 10 psi blower on my gsr sedan and the thing is a total BEAST!! it is my daily driver, and once i am in 2nd gear, i pull up on ANYTHING i find in the street! new 'stangs, vettes, 996's etc. the acceleration is simply explosive. i love it!
Old 05-07-2005, 06:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

go turbo.
Old 05-07-2005, 06:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

its either gonne be b20 block or ls block with either a gsr,type r , or b16 head on slighty modded ? so what u guys think?

Old 05-07-2005, 06:49 PM

id go turbo... turbos have just seemed better to me all along. you could probably build one for a lot cheaper than getting a supercharger too.
Old 05-07-2005, 07:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (numbnuts22715)

superchargers suck...especially jacksons because they run so hot without using water injection. like someone already said, superchargers rob power to make power. don't get me wrong because TO EACH HIS OWN, but powerwise turbo is the only way to go.

everyone will argue that a supercharger is better off the line and such and such...but someone on here has already done a comparison on his motor(GSR i think) with both turbo and supercharger both running the same psi. the turbo made more power and more torque throughout the whole power band! if i can find the thread i'll post it up.

most of people on here compare supercharged motors to turbo charged motors running huge turbos(which shouldn't be the case if you want similar power bands), and that's the reason why everyone says turbo'd motors only make top end. ask around on the FI forum, knowledgeable guys on there will tell you that a properlly sized turbo kit will always out perform any supercharger.
Old 05-07-2005, 07:40 PM

go turbo.. parasitic power is teh gay! listen to sherman proper size turbo=no lag.
Old 05-07-2005, 11:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (DarkblueInteg)

also rememebr taht the ls s/c kit is way smaller then the gsr ones...
Old 05-08-2005, 07:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

all forced induction systems use engine power to make power. parasitic drag or increased pressure. both take engine power to make power. SC's are instantaneous as far as boost production goes. all i can say is, try to drive a car of each. yes, turbos ahve more potential, but usually at the expense of responsiveness. SC's are instantaneous in response but will make less overall power. i say get one that suits your driving style and needs. i ahve 2 SC'd acuras and have no desire for a turbo unless i were to build a drag racer.
Old 05-08-2005, 12:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (vactor)

so u sayin u would only got turbo if u were makin a drag car and how does the supercharger feel like response and stuff? and have u raced turbo cars?let me know what cars u have raced and owned them

Old 05-08-2005, 12:59 PM

personaly the only blowers worth getting are cetrifugial but regardless i'd go turbo, blowers are cool and sound sweet but dollar vs power turbo is better. and a properly setup turbo system will give you almost no lag.
Old 05-08-2005, 01:11 PM
* B A N N E D *

i was in the same boat as you bro. I started off wanting to get jrsc for my gsr since it was cheaper. After reading post like this and doing research , i went with a greddy turbo kit with type 31 intercooler with my gsr. I cant wait to boost. I also got the turbo cheaper than jrsc, minus the intercooler
Old 05-08-2005, 01:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I guess one more turbo vote wont hurt!
Old 05-08-2005, 03:02 PM

a SC would feel like adding 2-4 more cylinders to the motor. Power added throughout the powerband. I've been pretty happy with my SC, I do mostly street driving so I knew I wanted the low end torque. But that was my personal preference. Like the other guy said, best thing you can do is drive BOTH types of cars if possible and see what you like for YOUR OWN uses. Not everyone wants a 400HP+ car. Although most of us wouldn't mind to
Old 05-08-2005, 03:12 PM

Default Re: QUESTION BOUT SUPERCHARGER!!!!!!!!!!! (Black-LS)

wow I can't believe that no one has told him to search yet.....

my vote is for the Turbo, and if your have the money to spend on a JR SC, then buy yourself a GT28RS and Rape those blowers.

Im not going to lie though......a properly built GSR or S2000 with a good Vortech SC would be orgasmic to drive.

I'd still say go Turbo, either way it'll be good
Old 05-08-2005, 06:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: QUESTION BOUT SUPERCHARGER!!!!!!!!!!! (Captian_Honda)

ight thanx guys ive made up my mind thanx

Old 05-14-2005, 11:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The big debate about supercharger vs turbocharger is rather pointless. The majority of people on this site will not get into the area where t/c have more potential. There is actually a guy who made 479whp and 300ft/lbs with the vortech unit on a B series engine. The one suggestion I will make though is stray away from JRSC and look into a centr. charger like vortech. I have one installed on my crx and it made great gains
Old 05-14-2005, 02:13 PM

Bro, it's all about preference, I've got 6psi running through my C1 via a JRSC. Only other mods I've got are in my sig. I find the supercharger fun as hell. I can almost stay with my friend from a roll whos got an 02 wrx with a big turbo upgrade, huuuge fmic, and all the fuel delivery mods. I also have a friend with a built turbo 91 civic hatch. My input after driving in both of those cars is.... I love my SC. My head is getting port and polished within the week, and I'm also slapping on an AEM V2 cold air intake system. I almost feel like the underdog, but thats the fun in it sometimes anyways. Seeing those bug eyes in my rear view is gonna be fun....
Old 05-16-2005, 12:21 AM

hey guys, i think i might be in the same boat. i am thinking of supercharging my GSR. i just want to know if it is possible to upgrade the cams when running with something like a JRSC or is it better to just stick with stock?
Old 05-16-2005, 07:19 AM

Default Re: QUESTION BOUT SUPERCHARGER!!!!!!!!!!! (Mr.DC2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mr.DC2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hey guys, i think i might be in the same boat. i am thinking of supercharging my GSR. i just want to know if it is possible to upgrade the cams when running with something like a JRSC or is it better to just stick with stock?</TD></TR></TABLE>

don't think anyone has gotten better power with anything other OEM GSR cams when using a JRSC, maybe a little more Type-R cams with tuning
Old 05-16-2005, 07:41 AM
New User

man..dont get a vortech supercharger because that defeats teh whole purpose of getting a supercharger rather than a turbo..b/c the vortech is a turbo in itself in a sense...looks like one...spools like one..and costs waay more than a turbo..go turbo.
Old 05-16-2005, 08:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ('94gsR)

turbo vs. supercharger war will never end and will always come to personal preference...

me personally, i've tried every supercharger out there. and twin screw is the way for me... best superchargers on the market are Opcon/Lysholm. i had one on my Corrado G60 and it was actually amazing. just the difference in power freed up from that charger over the stock G60 charger was incredible.

so i say supercharger as long as it's not a centrifugal type charger. i dno't care too much for those type of chargers at all... oh and there is less tuning and crap with superchargers over turbo
Old 05-16-2005, 08:48 AM

supercharging is good if you have a daily driver. going to school and have a job the extra low end is excellent in city driving. but if your building a track car (mainly drag strip) go turbo without a doubt. better cooling capabilities and exspansion for more power. supercharging is awesome when you build an autoX car becuz the out of corner speed is excellent. im kinda getting over having the bucket/pain in the *** un reliable car to get me around and thats why a supercharger is good for me!! 10psi tuned will be more than enough to stomp on some stangs and maros!
Old 05-16-2005, 09:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (typerhedlights)

ya ima go supercharger cuz its gonna be a daily driver and i got a jackson supercharger already.thanx for the info

Quick Reply: QUESTION BOUT SUPERCHARGER!!!!!!!!!!!