Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Need opinion as to why car isn't starting...

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 05:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need opinion as to why car isn't starting...

91 Integra Ls
Automatic Tranny

purchased the car a few days ago and got it to started from sitting for a while. car start and run fine but has white smoke coming out and lil water or could be gas but that didn't bother me at first. figure it was nothing since the car did sat for a while. later as i let the car run for a while to warm and recharge itself, i noticed that the temp needle was raising slowly so i turn the car off and let it cool for a while. so started the car and drive it home without a problem, til i came home and it started to like wanna die out. well i figure it might be in need of spark plug and cap/rotor change..did a lil tune up on it like change: spark plugs/rotor/cap/oil. after all that started the car and it wouldn't start. all it doesn't is like spin or turn but won't crank nor start. so you guy tell me what could be the issue?
these are what i have done to it to check the problem...
and these are new or used but is known to be working...

starter
dizzy
plugs
rotor
main relay
has fuel pressure
has spark on 1 and 4 cyclinder
half tank of gas

all it doesn is like crank but not the same kinda crank. the normal crank is like it turn and you know it will start with a lil more juce to it..the kinda crank is like it just spin and spin and doesn't wanna do anything..
i also check the timing belt, that fine..so what else could it be?

sorry for the long detail and such...
Old 09-09-2005, 06:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why didn't you put new wires on?
Old 09-10-2005, 10:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (DAguyLS)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DAguyLS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">why didn't you put new wires on?</TD></TR></TABLE>

didn't need to, case i had another sme year integra that i swapped over the starter/dizzy/wires and etc parts that i think is related to the issue and still nothing. basically and part(s) from the non-starting DA worked on the other DA. and whatever part(s) from the running DA i putted in the non-running DA doesn't do anything.

what i think i'm leading to is a blown motor or probably 2 blown piston. cause i checked for spark and only cylinder 1 n 4 has some spark while the other 2 doesn't. it just odd cause all i did was just change the oil/plugs/cap/rotor and then went to start teh car and nahda!!