Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Leaking Coolant from under driverside, Water Pump?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 03:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leaking Coolant from under driverside, Water Pump?

Just checking before i go and replace my waterpump/timing belt. It seems to be comming out from under the timing belt cover but I cannot see to clearly, just discovered this last night. Any possible burst hoses around there I may be missing? Just got back from vacation so i'm guessing that a week of the car sitting dried out the waterpump gasket
Old 03-26-2006, 03:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

it "could" be the water tube o-ring...but its doubtfull....just inspect it when you change the water pump...either way youll have to get in there.
Old 03-27-2006, 05:22 AM

Default Re: (freakasis)

This just happened to me, and I changed out the timing belt, tensionor, and water pump. I was so worried that the leak was something else like the water pipe seal as mentioned earlier, but I needed to change the timing belt anyways, and all worked out fine.

Timing the cams when done is a bitch to get exactly right, but when you do, the car runs super. Sorry to say that the job took me about 5 hours, but I had to retime the engine 3 times before I got it right.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:18 AM

Default Re: (Sam92Teg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sam92Teg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This just happened to me, and I changed out the timing belt, tensionor, and water pump. I was so worried that the leak was something else like the water pipe seal as mentioned earlier, but I needed to change the timing belt anyways, and all worked out fine.

Timing the cams when done is a bitch to get exactly right, but when you do, the car runs super. Sorry to say that the job took me about 5 hours, but I had to retime the engine 3 times before I got it right.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well its a chance to learn this...i'm deffinately not paying someplace to do this **** for me. I'll figure it out and know how to do it better next time. I've never timed an engine before though...may have my mechanic friend over to help me with that. Thanks for the imput.