Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

JDM DB9 Integra AWD

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 10:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: JDM DB9 Integra AWD

Originally Posted by jdm_awd_integra
what's the difference between B20Z and B20B?
I just looked online catalog of jdm cars, we don't have CRVs with these engines. 1995-2001 RD1/RD2 goes with B20B auto & manual, 2001-up RD4/RD5 has K20A auto or manual, RD6/RD7 only K24A with auto tranny only.

1995-2001

2001-up
The B20Z came in the 99-01 Honda CR-V EX, SE, I believe, It has more HP and TQ, it has a little bit higher compression, and a different intake manifold than the B20B.

I'm not sure what year it transitioned, but mine's a 1999 CR-V EX AWD w/ 5speed and it has a B20Z engine.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by StokelesS_g2
The B20Z came in the 99-01 Honda CR-V EX, SE, I believe, It has more HP and TQ, it has a little bit higher compression, and a different intake manifold than the B20B.
OK, it's usdm engine and therefore unavailable for me. So, i can draw a conclusion that my best directions are
1) boost remaining 1.6L zc
or
2) try to marry jdm integra Type-R or SiR-G b18c with b20b 5speed awd tranny

First way: i'm afraid of it cause didn't know much bout turbo setups (will have to bother you all for every little step)
Second way: more familiar work for me, but more questions remaining - axles, shafts, cv joints, exhaust connection, harness to ecu and gauges...)
Old 01-05-2009, 01:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I believe the JDM B20B is the same as the B20Z. Unsure of this, but you can look in www.hmotorsonline.com

I just took a peep under my CR-V. It does have 2 cables coming from the shifter area.
No shift linkage like on my Integra.

Since most Integra's came with B-Series engine. I imagine you would just use Integra front axles.

If you have availibility to a CR-V, that'd probaly be your best bet, get a whole CR-V and start swapping parts over to your Integra.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

Ah the cable linkage is most likely due to space constraints with having both the exhaust pipe and the center drive shaft under there. There's probably no room for a solid shift linkage. On CR-V's it may also be due to the height of the engine/tranny relative to the rest of the chassis.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK, it's usdm engine and therefore unavailable for me. So, i can draw a conclusion that my best directions are
1) boost remaining 1.6L zc
or
2) try to marry jdm integra Type-R or SiR-G b18c with b20b 5speed awd tranny

First way: i'm afraid of it cause didn't know much bout turbo setups (will have to bother you all for every little step)
Second way: more familiar work for me, but more questions remaining - axles, shafts, cv joints, exhaust connection, harness to ecu and gauges...)
Ok here is my guess on using a CRV transmission (second way).
- front axles would have to be from a CRV.
- front section of the rear shaft off of the transfer case may also have to be from a CRV.
- the exhaust connection may be slightly different, but if you have a sawzall and a welder that shouldn't be a big issue.
- You could probably use the JDM harness from whatever engine you get, although you will most likely have to do a few wiring changes (nothing too major) in order to properly operate VTEC if you go with the B18C.

-Just a random thought...although the car would be way more fun than it is with your engine in it, I am betting that this car is not light by any standards. Due to the extra heft spending the extra $$ for a type R or or SIR-G may not be worth it, as those engines produce much more high end HP, but lack the torque you made need to make this vehicle feel "powerful." In the end a complete CRV 5 speed donor vehicle may be the best way to go if you can get your hands on one with the higher output B20B. There are a few JDM B20Bs that had somewhere in the mid to high 140's in hp and torque, but its hard to tell which is which, and as far as I can tell no one really knows which is which without taking them apart. Good luck whatever way you decide to go with!
Old 01-05-2009, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by weavertime1
In the end a complete CRV 5 speed donor vehicle may be the best way to go if you can get your hands on one with the higher output B20B. There are a few JDM B20Bs that had somewhere in the mid to high 140's in hp and torque, but its hard to tell which is which, and as far as I can tell no one really knows which is which without taking them apart. Good luck whatever way you decide to go with!
Luckily i know: there's jdm RD1 crv in "2.0 Performa" trim, it has 150hp b20b.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:59 PM

Just a random thought...although the car would be way more fun than it is with your engine in it, I am betting that this car is not light by any standards.
info from catalog:
Integra Xi 4WD - 1090 kg (2403 pounds)
CRV 2.0 Performa - 1410 kg (3108 pounds)
Old 01-06-2009, 12:04 AM

WOW! Looked further on catalog:
Integra Xi 4WD - wheel base 2620 mm
CRV 2.0 Performa - wheel base 2620 mm

I believe this means there's no need for making custom center drive shaft?
Old 01-06-2009, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94
Ah the cable linkage is most likely due to space constraints with having both the exhaust pipe and the center drive shaft under there. There's probably no room for a solid shift linkage. On CR-V's it may also be due to the height of the engine/tranny relative to the rest of the chassis.
No doubts, we see H engineers were breaking their heads to fit exhaust & drive shaft in the tunnel
Old 01-06-2009, 03:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

info from catalog:
Integra Xi 4WD - 1090 kg (2403 pounds)
CRV 2.0 Performa - 1410 kg (3108 pounds)
That weight seems a bit low, considering that just a fwd integra gsr is in the 2600 pound range...hmmm?
And as far as the wheelbase...I have always heard that crv and integra share a wheelbase, although I never knew there was an awd integra. Keep Plugging!
Old 01-06-2009, 03:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

finally!!!!!!

the whole DB squad has waited for the elusive 4wd integra to be featured like this.

please visit our thread. we've been waiting many years.

thanks for sharing the pictures of your rare car.

https://honda-tech.com/forums/group-threads-123/db-squad-teggers-2-extra-doors-1203330/
Old 01-06-2009, 04:53 AM

That weight seems a bit low, considering that just a fwd integra gsr is in the 2600 pound range...hmmm?
And as far as the wheelbase...I have always heard that crv and integra share a wheelbase, although I never knew there was an awd integra. Keep Plugging!
Maybe they mean dry weight - with only driver and full tank? My only guess on this.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I doubt the GS-R motor weighs 200lbs more than that SOHC engine w/ a rear differential and all.

Maybe it's just because of all the extra reinforcement weight crap they add to make our USDM cars safer.
(DOT approve crap)
Old 01-06-2009, 06:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Damm, even the tegs are awd..i though it was only civics...lolol..
Old 01-06-2009, 07:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

an awd coupe would be a bad *** car.. they might have something comparable to an sti.. after a nice build
Old 01-06-2009, 08:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sick car. if you do the full b20 swap im guessing youd need b-series integra front axles because arent crv axles the same size as jdm itr axles? 36mm at the splines while everything else is 32mm? keep us posted this is very interesting.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by gutted
sick car. if you do the full b20 swap im guessing youd need b-series integra front axles because arent crv axles the same size as jdm itr axles? 36mm at the splines while everything else is 32mm? keep us posted this is very interesting.
U must be right. Although integra & crv share the wheel base, track width of crv is much wider, so crv shafts will have excess length. And what about b18 powered integra shafts length? Will they mate b20b trans & DB chassis?
Old 01-07-2009, 05:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Are you sure that the CRV is wider in that respect?
Old 01-07-2009, 05:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i think itd be best to boost it. you can easily make 180 whp and i think that the drivetrain will hold that amount of power just fine. tuning is something that you can read about and do yourself if you have the proper equipment.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hi nice car, i own 2 1993 civic eh1 (awd dohc zc and sohc zc)

i gave bisimoto a call asked about a B2D kit, said it would be out this year.

I wouldnt want to go all out and modify the whole car, just a b16 on the sohc eh1 would be nice to help me climb a few roads when i travel. Not really sure on what you have in mind for your car, but if you need contact info for the B2D kit let me know
Old 01-07-2009, 02:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

U must be right. Although integra & crv share the wheel base, track width of crv is much wider, so crv shafts will have excess length. And what about b18 powered integra shafts length? Will they mate b20b trans & DB chassis?
not sure if the crv is wider but i meant the size of the axle splines (the ones that go into the hub) MIGHT be bigger. im not 100% on this i just heard this awhile ago and just thought id bring it up.

another issue might be the trans mount. if a b20 trans can take a regular b-series mount from an integra you should be all good
Old 01-08-2009, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by shorsh
hi nice car, i own 2 1993 civic eh1 (awd dohc zc and sohc zc)

i gave bisimoto a call asked about a B2D kit, said it would be out this year.

I wouldnt want to go all out and modify the whole car, just a b16 on the sohc eh1 would be nice to help me climb a few roads when i travel. Not really sure on what you have in mind for your car, but if you need contact info for the B2D kit let me know
What means B2D kit? B-series conversion for D-equipped car? What it consists of? Never heard.

P.S. Please guys make a discount for my english, i'm not english-speaking, just a school lessons & one visit to alaska. I'm from Russia, so i don't know much about USDM trims too, only JDM ones were in my life.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by gutted
not sure if the crv is wider but i meant the size of the axle splines (the ones that go into the hub) MIGHT be bigger. im not 100% on this i just heard this awhile ago and just thought id bring it up.

another issue might be the trans mount. if a b20 trans can take a regular b-series mount from an integra you should be all good
CRV track is wider, according to jdm catalog, usdm must share this.
I understood the spline issue, so i asked a question about b-series integra shafts & axles. I think it would be easier to install a complete integra shaft/axle setup than make a custom.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by be18see1
i think itd be best to boost it. you can easily make 180 whp and i think that the drivetrain will hold that amount of power just fine. tuning is something that you can read about and do yourself if you have the proper equipment.
Can anyone advice a site to read about this proper equipment? As i see it right, it's d.i.y. work? Or there's a need of special technicians?
Old 01-08-2009, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by be18see1
Can anyone advice a site to read about this proper equipment? As i see it right, it's d.i.y. work? Or there's a need of very special technicians?

Quick Reply: JDM DB9 Integra AWD