Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

JDM DB9 Integra AWD

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 09:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: JDM DB9 Integra AWD

[QUOTE=majinsoftware;36891962]You just have to remember Honda AWD isnt real AWD, It only puts 5% of the power to the rear. And they start breaking parts at the 250HP mark.

QUOTE]

you are very missinformed on all three points but thanks for talking about something you know nothing about.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by weavertime1
I don't know for sure, but what about using the 5 speed transmission out of the CRV? I know your car is not hydraulic, but since the firewall probably has a spot for a clutch master cylinder, I would guess it could be converted. This would allow the retention of your AWD and the addition of a B series engine. I believe that the CRV transmission does have a cable linkage however, which could make things even more interesting. I never knew this car existed, but I want one...
My car is hydraulic. Does it make b-series swap easier? Can I mate CRV 5spd tranny with b18? b18 is the most desirable cause it's integra engine and i won't have to mess with harnesses, mounts, axles, ecu, etc. Need only to find a donor in a case like this.
Old 01-04-2009, 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by highroller54
you are very missinformed on all thre% e points but thanks for talking about something you know nothing about.
I'd love to learn more and fix mistakes, that's what such forums exist for. It's not a shame for me to accumulate knowledge from others.

You just have to remember Honda AWD isnt real AWD, It only puts 5% of the power to the rear.
Please explain me that. I certainly know that since 1996 Honda Real-time 4WD changed. The Dual Pump system installed in my car doesn't have any disengagement like older civic wagons had. 1998-1995 civics were not dual pump. And it's paired with ABS thru the electronic unit installed in the trunk. That must explain why my ABS unit is not similar to fwd integra. Anybody knows Fwd integras have the abs ecu in the trunk?

And I don't understand this: if rears have max 5% of torque, then how my car's rear wheels spin the car around the front? If front wheels have 95% of power then the car MUST act as FWD. Correct me or i'll break my brain soon, i never discussed hondas with anybody, and you guys know very much about how the things work.

I just found this diagram of 96-up dps 4wd, pic is small but all elements are visible.
Attached Images   
Old 01-04-2009, 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by majinsoftware
And they start breaking parts at the 250HP mark.
I'll be happy with 170-180 hp stock B. Need to manage with all info - iss this swap possible without tearing the car apart to the bone frame
Old 01-04-2009, 05:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So your car has a hydraulic clutch, but a cable linkage then? I was confused by one of your posts up top that said your tranny was a hydraulic, cable type S22 model. If it does have a hydraulic clutch and a cable linkage, I would have to believe that a CRV transmission would fit, thereby allowing the use of a B series engine. Again, I don't have much knowledge regarding your car, because I have never even heard of one, but knowing how honda tends to interchange parts among models, I would look towards the CRV. Good luck!
Old 01-04-2009, 06:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thats a sweet ride...where did you get it?
Old 01-04-2009, 06:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Forget the LS engine, use the entire CR-V engine and trans. AWD B20Z in a car ftw.

Oh, and yes the CR-V trans will bolt up to an LS engine.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I launch my car on dry hot pavment on the rev limiter (7800) and have never broke anything, car makes about 200 whp and all parts are high millage. There is another awd hatch on here with 400 whp and hasn't brake anything but its first motor.
Old 01-04-2009, 02:22 PM

So your car has a hydraulic clutch, but a cable linkage then? I was confused by one of your posts up top that said your tranny was a hydraulic, cable type S22 model. If it does have a hydraulic clutch and a cable linkage, I would have to believe that a CRV transmission would fit, thereby allowing the use of a B series engine.
Please guys keep in mind that my english is not very good. it's not my native language. I do my best to make my words clear for you

So, YES, i had to say: my car has hydraulic clutch and cable shift linkage
Old 01-04-2009, 02:29 PM

I launch my car on dry hot pavment on the rev limiter (7800) and have never broke anything, car makes about 200 whp and all parts are high millage. There is another awd hatch on here with 400 whp and hasn't brake anything but its first motor.
One more reason to love the H badge
And argue with those who claimed weak honda awd drivetrain
Old 01-04-2009, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by weraider30
thats a sweet ride...where did you get it?
The car was bought thru the auction in Japan, I drive it 2 years. Changed only oil & fluids and some bushings, it's very reliable. but enough powerful
Old 01-04-2009, 02:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by jdm_awd_integra
Please guys keep in mind that my english is not very good. it's not my native language. I do my best to make my words clear for you

So, YES, i had to say: my car has hydraulic clutch and cable shift linkage
wait, cable shift linkage? I was not aware that any B or D series engine had cable shift linkages.

One more reason to love the H badge
And argue with those who claimed weak honda awd drivetrain
Have you ever seen the rear CV shafts on an AWD CR-V? They look like pencils. While the AWD Integra drivetrain may be able to handle a stock B20 engine from a CR-V, I wouldn't expect it to handle much more than that.
Old 01-04-2009, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by StokelesS_g2
Forget the LS engine, use the entire CR-V engine and trans. AWD B20Z in a car ftw.

Oh, and yes the CR-V trans will bolt up to an LS engine.
Please explain what means for LS? base model b18?
I know b18c1 (Spec 98) is not bad engine, what do you call it? we call em 'redhead' (sometimes when reading the threads in american forums can't understand the tech slang, sorry.)

Does CRV b20b gearbox need any custom mounts (& custom shift linkage from gear lever) for mounting in teg?
Old 01-04-2009, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94
wait, cable shift linkage? I was not aware that any B or D series engine had cable shift linkages.
Maybe my english makes mess again. From driver's gear lever to the gearbox 2 steel cables are going.
If someone can help me to understand how the things work, ask for pics. I can't make em immediately, but I'll try as soon as possible.

Have you ever seen the rear CV shafts on an AWD CR-V? They look like pencils. While the AWD Integra drivetrain may be able to handle a stock B20 engine from a CR-V, I wouldn't expect it to handle much more than that.
Yeah i saw them, they are much like teg's. But I think front shafts need to be stronger cause they got much more loads while steering/hard cornering when all car wheight is on them. when i had the idea to put rear stabilizer (sway?) bar in my teg i looked at the crv setup. Unfortunately i don't have much space above dps diff unit like crv has.
Old 01-04-2009, 03:04 PM

it's very reliable. but enough powerful
not enough powerful, excuze me. That's the reason i started this thread, to know from many other honda heads where is my car's potential
Old 01-04-2009, 03:18 PM

whoa that's a hell of a rear subframe! Exhaust routing looks weird, too.
BTW look at rer lca setup - it's like usdm type-r's, i faced that searching tokico shocks for the car, their bottom end is bolt thru, not fork. The rest of suspension is interchangeable with usdm, except harder stock awd springs.
Old 01-04-2009, 05:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I owned a 1999 Honda CRV with a 5 speed and it did in fact have a cable linkage paired with a hydraulic clutch. To my knowledge the CRV is the only B series transmission with a cable linkage, and a hydraulic clutch. The 5 speed wagovan or whatever may have had a cable linkage trans. hooked up to the D16A6 that came in those creatures, but I am sure it also hade a cable clutch as well.
Old 01-04-2009, 05:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Please explain what means for LS? base model b18?
I know b18c1 (Spec 98) is not bad engine, what do you call it? we call em 'redhead' (sometimes when reading the threads in american forums can't understand the tech slang, sorry.)

Does CRV b20b gearbox need any custom mounts (& custom shift linkage from gear lever) for mounting in teg?
LS is a trim level, which is usually referred to as the DOHC non-vtec b18 a/b engine.

All Tegs made for the U.S. come with DOHC engines.
So swapping one in place of yours shouldn't be no problem.
We weren't blessed with the nice JDM front ends or AWD platforms.

As for certain mounts and levers and what not, we're hoping you could tell us, since we all aren't lucky enough to have a AWD Integra.

I gotta look under my CR-V to see what cables you guys are talking about? The way it drives and shifts, I figured it had a shift linkage just like any other Honda vehicle.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:57 AM

As for certain mounts and levers and what not, we're hoping you could tell us, since we all aren't lucky enough to have a AWD Integra.
Maybe somebody knows is there any difference in b20b & b18c gearbox mounts or not? Keeping in mind honda's cross-platforming i won't be surprised if these gearboxes have same cases. My trans and the one from FWD zc integra look alike.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Any B series can bolt up to a crv(B20B) transmission yes. I think you will find that your car is an integracrv, meaning an integra body on a crv platform...I am sure there are differences, but you should be able to use many of the parts from the CRV. I still want your car...

Last edited by weavertime1; 01-05-2009 at 07:55 AM.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:31 AM

I gotta look under my CR-V to see what cables you guys are talking about? The way it drives and shifts, I figured it had a shift linkage just like any other Honda vehicle.
I mean these cables (no. 19 on the diagram):
Attached Images  
Old 01-05-2009, 07:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Any B series can bolt up to a crv(B20B) transmission yes. I think you will find that your car is an "integracrv," meaning an integra body on a crv platform...I am sure there are differences, but you should be able to use many of the parts from the CRV. I still want your car...
Old 01-05-2009, 08:56 AM

I still want your car...
sorry i can't jump over the ocean

db9 is about $200-500 now in japan, but i read us customs is very hungry too
Old 01-05-2009, 09:55 AM

what's the difference between B20Z and B20B?
I just looked online catalog of jdm cars, we don't have CRVs with these engines. 1995-2001 RD1/RD2 goes with B20B auto & manual, 2001-up RD4/RD5 has K20A auto or manual, RD6/RD7 only K24A with auto tranny only.

1995-2001

2001-up
Old 01-05-2009, 10:25 AM
I requested a short story for a title.

very jealous, that is a sick car. i keep hearing about there bein alot of jdm cars and what not up in canada ill have to make a trip its only about 3 hours.

i think customs would kill me tho

Quick Reply: JDM DB9 Integra AWD