Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

how hard will it be to drop the fuel tank and change the fuel pump

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 09:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how hard will it be to drop the fuel tank and change the fuel pump

I have a 92 Acura Integra GS. I think my fuel pump is going out, How hard will it be to drop the fuel tank and change the pump? Is there anything i have watch out for? I'm thinking about changing my pump to MSD. Anyone know what to do?
Old 07-30-2006, 09:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: how hard will it be to drop the fuel tank and change the fuel pump (black_integra)

you dont need to drop the tank. jus pull up the back seats.
Old 07-30-2006, 09:42 AM

Default Re: how hard will it be to drop the fuel tank and change the fuel pump (phoshizzle88)

so it's under the seat I thought it was in the tank
Old 07-30-2006, 09:44 AM
Hype-R Stalker

Default Re: how hard will it be to drop the fuel tank and change the fuel pump (black_integra)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by black_integra &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so it's under the seat I thought it was in the tank</TD></TR></TABLE>

It is in the tank, which is under the back seat.
Old 07-30-2006, 09:51 AM

is it on the driver side or the passenger side
Old 07-30-2006, 09:52 AM
Hype-R Stalker

The rear seat, the bottom should only be one piece, and it's in the middle.
Old 07-30-2006, 09:53 AM

Default Re: how hard will it be to drop the fuel tank and change the fuel pump (CleanLikeJdm)

is that the plate with the wires hanging out
Old 07-30-2006, 09:55 AM
Hype-R Stalker

Yes, the slightly round plate, should have 3 phillip head screws in it.
Old 07-30-2006, 09:56 AM

Default Re: how hard will it be to drop the fuel tank and change the fuel pump (CleanLikeJdm)

thanks
Old 07-30-2006, 09:57 AM
Hype-R Stalker

np, just don't drop anything in the tank when you have it open
Old 07-30-2006, 10:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Older civics and CR-X's you have to drop the tank to get to the fuel pump

Integras FTW!
Old 07-30-2006, 10:52 AM

Default Re: how hard will it be to drop the fuel tank and change the fuel pump (Spectrum24x)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Spectrum24x &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Older civics and CR-X's you have to drop the tank to get to the fuel pump

Integras FTW!</TD></TR></TABLE>

You have to drop the tank for DA's. Newer integra's it's under the seat. I have the haynes manual sitting in front of me.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: how hard will it be to drop the fuel tank and change the fuel pump (93_teg_CT)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93_teg_CT &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You have to drop the tank for DA's. Newer integra's it's under the seat. I have the haynes manual sitting in front of me.</TD></TR></TABLE>

no you dont have to drop the tank on DAs

I have a DA its right under my back seat
Old 07-30-2006, 02:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: how hard will it be to drop the fuel tank and change the fuel pump (Spectrum24x)

Its definitely not under the back seat in a DA. You will have to drop the tank. Its not that hard with someone helping you.
Old 07-30-2006, 03:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: how hard will it be to drop the fuel tank and change the fuel pump (2ndgentegracer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Spectrum24x &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Integras FTW!</TD></TR></TABLE>
more like DC's FTW! ya you will have to drop it.
Old 07-30-2006, 03:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: how hard will it be to drop the fuel tank and change the fuel pump (stewmasterk)

yes u do have to drop the tank in a DA. it's not hard, i dropped it myself
Old 07-30-2006, 05:21 PM

dont drop it on your foot
Old 07-30-2006, 05:34 PM

Default Re: how hard will it be to drop the fuel tank and change the fuel pump (phoshizzle88)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by phoshizzle88 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you dont need to drop the tank. jus pull up the back seats.</TD></TR></TABLE> YOU ARE WRONG!!! Don't listen to him, he obviously has never performed this procedure before. You will definateley have to drop the tank to change the pump. The cover you're seeing under the back seat is for the fuel level sending unit only!!! all in all, it's a preety straight foward intall. shouldn't take more than 3.5-4 hrs. and that's for a noob, good luck broham!
Old 07-30-2006, 06:45 PM

i thought that was the pump as well but its not... they are right you do need to drop it
Old 07-30-2006, 08:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

fuel pumps are every easy to change and are under the back seat on 92_ civics and 94+ integras

they are a bitch and a half to change in Ef's and da integras beause you must drop the tank
Old 07-31-2006, 05:34 AM

yes, you will definitely have to drop the tank!
there are 2 bolts that hold the tank up on straps, the hook on the front side of the tank, and have bolts on the back side (towards rear)
you will first have to take off the plastic cover on the driver's side to disconnect the fuel lines before dropping
the biggest problem i had when doing this for my walbro 255 pump was rusty bolts that took a little work to get loose, oh, and get a deep socket
Old 07-31-2006, 07:57 AM

Default Re: how hard will it be to drop the fuel tank and change the fuel pump (rkrone)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DA9 Purist &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You will definateley have to drop the tank to change the pump.</TD></TR></TABLE>
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93_teg_CT &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
You have to drop the tank for DA's. Newer integra's it's under the seat. I have the haynes manual sitting in front of me.</TD></TR></TABLE>
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2ndgentegracer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Its definitely not under the back seat in a DA. You will have to drop the tank. </TD></TR></TABLE>
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LoseRPunKx182 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yes u do have to drop the tank in a DA. it's not hard, i dropped it myself </TD></TR></TABLE>
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jo_moped &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i thought that was the pump as well but its not... they are right you do need to drop it </TD></TR></TABLE>
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by riceball777 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">they are a bitch and a half to change in Ef's and da integras beause you must drop the tank</TD></TR></TABLE>
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rkrone &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yes, you will definitely have to drop the tank!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 07-31-2006, 09:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: how hard will it be to drop the fuel tank and change the fuel pump (jared99)

dont forget to drain most of the gas out or the tank will be heavy as hell and gas will spill all over the place when you pull out the fuel pump.
Old 07-31-2006, 02:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: how hard will it be to drop the fuel tank and change the fuel pump (integralactic)

i would replace the washers too..couple bucks to ensure no leaks
Old 05-18-2012, 07:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: how hard will it be to drop the fuel tank and change the fuel pump

Any1 Got A HOW TO Link?

Quick Reply: how hard will it be to drop the fuel tank and change the fuel pump