Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

how hard/easy is it to install a skunk2 intake manifold?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2001, 06:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how hard/easy is it to install a skunk2 intake manifold?

i plan on using my stock gsr t/b and gsr aem cai?
anyone got any instructions....

some ppl say that i wont need anything else to do the installation....
others say that i have to get an ls/itr t/b cable?

so what's the happs
Old 11-09-2001, 06:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: how hard/easy is it to install a skunk2 intake manifold? (comptechgsr)

Don't quote me on this but I'm pretty sure you only need the throttle cable for LS motors, but I may just be smokin some bad stuff!!!
Old 11-09-2001, 06:46 PM

Default Re: how hard/easy is it to install a skunk2 intake manifold? (comptechgsr)

pretty much bolt on activity....but you do need a ITR CAI, you can reuse your GSR throttle body/cable.

the biggest bitch is taking the gsr manifold off good luck
Old 11-09-2001, 06:51 PM

I did it about 2 weeks ago. It sure is a tight squeeze taking the lower manifold nuts off and putting them back on. I had to cut my AEM pipe (about 2-3 inches) where it connects to my throttle body, to make it fit. You have to relocate one of the sensors that is attached to the manifold by the throttle body and mount it to the firewall. I just bent a piece of scrap flat steel into a 90 degree angle, drilled two holes in it and mounted it to one of the existing bolts in the firewall, by the fuel filter. There is also a sensor, I thinks it's the IAB sensor that controls the secondary butterflies. You remove the black IAB vacuum tank under the manfold and keep the sensor plugged in and tucked it under the the manifold so you won't get a CEL. I had to add some coolant hose and an elbow to keep the coolant lines conected to the throttle body and the manifold......you'll figure all of this out as you go........it is easy to see how things need to keep connected.
It was an interesting/learning project.......just take your time. It gave me alot of power, especially up past 5k rpms!!!!! It looks very clean in the engine compartment too. I was amazed at how big and heavy the stock unit is compared to the Skunk.
I used my stock throttle cable and bracket and did not need the Type R PVC hoses that the directions recommend. I also used my stock throttle body. You will need some longer vaccuum lines (maybe 2 feet) and probably a new throttle body gasket. I bought an intake manifold gasket but did not need it......the old one was fine.
Old 11-09-2001, 07:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: how hard/easy is it to install a skunk2 intake manifold? (Farnsrocket)

great, i think ima do the install when i get back to cali this thanksgiving...

my toda b's will be very happy
Old 11-10-2001, 09:12 PM
New User

Skunk2 intake manifold install http://tiiite.b16a.com/sk2intake.htm