Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

How do you tune set up a APEXI V-AFC??

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 02:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you tune set up a APEXI V-AFC??

I just got a gsr with it and its all hooked upped but not tuned. How do i tune it and can i just tune it on the track? do i have to pay alot for a dyno? thanks
Old 04-25-2008, 02:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 272 Likes on 260 Posts
Default Re: How do you tune set up a APEXI V-AFC?? (Gomdohree)

I had one the only easy thing i did was set low cam vtech at 3,500rpm and high cam to 4,500rpm it felt and souded cool with vtech set so low but i had a tuner shop in santee c.a blow my motor trying to tune it with this i would get a hondata s100 if you want to tune it well and get a good well known tuner
Old 04-25-2008, 05:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How do you tune set up a APEXI V-AFC?? (wunfstgsr)

wow you newbs need to learn how to spell.

vtec
Old 04-25-2008, 07:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How do you tune set up a APEXI V-AFC?? (yc_dc4mar)

who's the noob that's how its spelled on my valve cover so your saying Honda doesn't know how to spell vtech on there valve cover's if you don't have any helpful or related info why are you waisting your time trying to make your self feel better? you must be a bitter English teacher
Old 04-25-2008, 07:55 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wunfstgsr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">who's the noob that's how its spelled on my valve cover so your saying Honda doesn't know how to spell vtech on there valve cover's if you don't have any helpful or related info why are you waisting your time trying to make your self feel better? you must be a bitter English teacher </TD></TR></TABLE>
Dude, take a second look at your valve cover, VTEC
Old 04-25-2008, 08:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wunfstgsr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">who's the noob that's how its spelled on my valve cover so your saying Honda doesn't know how to spell vtech on there valve cover's if you don't have any helpful or related info why are you waisting your time trying to make your self feel better? you must be a bitter English teacher </TD></TR></TABLE>

haha, thanks for the laugh.
Old 04-25-2008, 08:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wow ur a [freak]n retard and dont deserve to have anything with vtec even the kids toys that are prolly 2 confusing 4 u that are spelled vtech, VTEC: VARIABLE TIMING ELECTRONIC CONTROL wheres the H dumbass!
Old 04-25-2008, 08:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How do you tune set up a APEXI V-AFC?? (Dev15Bizz)

and setting vtec at 3500 is the stupidest thing ive ever heard, how dumb r u seriously, get off honda tech and please do us all a favor and dont come back or just kill urself, im sure u love body kits and clear tail lights and stickers and fart cans and rims that r 2 big, u give hondas a bad rep....now to answer the original question 4 who ever asked, vtec controllers r a big waste of money, just get hondata and take it to a shop that can tune it: very good investment million times better that the pointless vtec controller, i could write a book on why they suck but im not gonna get into it just trust me
Old 04-25-2008, 09:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hahaha......anyways, back to the question, if you don't know anything about tuning just bring it to a tuner. if the car is fairly stock just take out the vafc and sell it.
Old 04-25-2008, 09:02 PM
Cool Cool Island Breezes. BOY-EE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

umm...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wunfstgsr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I had one the only easy thing i did was set low cam vtech at 3,500rpm and high cam to 4,500rpm it felt and souded cool with vtech set so low but i had a tuner shop in santee c.a blow my motor trying to tune it with this i would get a hondata s100 if you want to tune it well and get a good well known tuner</TD></TR></TABLE>

That didn't do anything. Why would you blindly set VTEC to 3500RPM? Low cam VTEC??! WTF? No.

This is how it works. When you set it how you did, it will initially engage VTEC at 4500. It will not let the engine come out of VTEC again till it comes back down below 3500RPM.

Stock GSR VTEC is at 4500 RPM.

OP: You need to dyno tune to set it up correctly. The VAFC is complicated. People take a CLASS to learn it. It has settings for fuel curve, VTEC unmatch fuel curve, etc etc. lots of other ****.

Go to a reputable tuner that works with Hondas. Then have them tune it. It isn't VERY tuneable, but good enough to net you some cheap power gains.
Old 04-25-2008, 09:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How do you tune set up a APEXI V-AFC?? (B serious)

bahahahaha!

Old 04-25-2008, 09:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How do you tune set up a APEXI V-AFC?? (97CGPintegra)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 97CGPintegra &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

hahaha......anyways, back to the question, if you don't know anything about tuning just bring it to a tuner. if the car is fairly stock just take out the vafc and sell it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

the only useful post
Old 04-25-2008, 10:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I really hope this guy is being sarcastic
Old 04-26-2008, 12:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How do you tune set up a APEXI V-AFC?? (Rediness_code)

vtech&lt;VTEC my bad! i had a good laugh myself believe or not of how dumb i am some times

It still looked cool on the dash board
Old 04-26-2008, 03:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Just take the car to a tuner, and hopefully they can use it. If not, get rid of it, as there are far better systems for engine management.
Old 04-26-2008, 08:32 AM

Default Re: How do you tune set up a APEXI V-AFC?? (gibsanez)

Damn! A poor man cant even ask how to tune the vafc with out everyone getthing mad..
Old 04-26-2008, 12:31 PM

lol this thread is funny
Old 04-26-2008, 12:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (0LdsKooL)

this made my day
Old 04-26-2008, 02:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thats the best!

Old 04-26-2008, 03:14 PM
GDD GRAMMAR POLICE

Old 04-26-2008, 03:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How do you tune set up a APEXI V-AFC?? (PhantoM.DA)

hilarious
Old 04-26-2008, 04:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How do you tune set up a APEXI V-AFC?? (SI_HUNTER)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SI_HUNTER &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Damn! A poor man cant even ask how to tune the vafc with out everyone getthing mad.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

the proper way to tune an afc, on budget, would be using a wideband o2 sensor and/or a way to datalog changes in a/f at certain rpm & pressure(high or low throttle on the afc). I believe a street tune is sufficient if you have the proper tools however a dyno does help. If there isn't alot done to the motor than rip on it in 3rd or 4th 2000rpm to redline, stock ecu should keep it safe enough and than just adjust to around 14.5 - 13.5 a/f. There are limitations to an afc and at a certain point it hurts more than it tickles the motor. There's more to tuning obviously but that's pretty much just a blurb.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:08 AM

Default Re: How do you tune set up a APEXI V-AFC?? (LoseRPunKx182)

oh cool. thanks for actually answering my question
Old 04-29-2008, 02:25 PM

Default Re: How do you tune set up a APEXI V-AFC?? (Gomdohree)

Old 04-29-2008, 04:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: How do you tune set up a APEXI V-AFC?? (SI_HUNTER)

epic thread.

Quick Reply: How do you tune set up a APEXI V-AFC??