Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2003, 11:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluex hid's any good???

http://www.neuronnet.co.kr/english/it/pop-1.htm
Old 10-19-2003, 03:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Bluex hid's any good??? (hndarcrb18c1)

they look PIMP!!! but dimmer than the white or voilet ones.
Old 10-19-2003, 04:29 AM
In-N-Out Burger

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hndarcrb18c1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> http://www.neuronnet.co.kr/english/it/pop-1.htm </TD></TR></TABLE>

Korean manufacturer. Nothing against Koreans in general, but if you want to be smart about an investment concerning HID systems...stay away from Belux. Commonly, Korean manufactured bulbs DO NOT last as long as their OEM spec counterpart such as Philips.

The old saying "you get what you pay for" really applies in this case.

You have to trust me on this one. I'm not trying to be biased since I have one, but I have come a long way from not knowing what the acronym HID was to becoming well informed about which HID systems are cheap.

If you want good HID lighting...Philips components will do you well. There's also CAT HID systems. Although in the U.S., you will not be able to purchase such a kit. You always have the option to retrofit, but most people do not want to go through with such a hassle and it is very time-comsuming.

With all that's said and done, I can vouch for the only other site well known to still carry HID Kits (mainly components)..

http://www.xenondepot.com

Steve is a great guy...that's all I have to say.

NRG
Old 10-19-2003, 05:03 AM

Default Re: Bluex hid's any good??? (NightRider-gsR)

IMO: Now that HIDs are illegal its not worth it to me.

I couldn't justify getting a ticket over having cool / bright lights.
Old 10-19-2003, 08:33 AM

Location: Do I look like Michael Bolton from Office Space,, MD, USA
Default Re: Bluex hid's any good??? (integra707)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by integra707 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">IMO: Now that HIDs are illegal its not worth it to me.

I couldn't justify getting a ticket over having cool / bright lights. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Aftermarket hid's were never legal! It is now just illegal to sell re-baised bulbs with the kit.
Old 10-19-2003, 10:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Re: Bluex hid's any good??? (integra707)

jeez where do people get this idea that HID's are illegal now, as if all HID is now illegal... uhh no. Cars are still coming out of factories w/ HID installed in them. Have you seen the new 2004 Odyssey minivan (thread in the appearance forum)? It has HID projectors that actually swivel side-to-side as you steer the front wheels.

Aftermarket HID in halogen housings has never been legal, and supposedly it is now illegal to sell aftermarket retrofit kits (although I'm STILL not sure if this is true or not). But really, I drive alot at night on interstate highways (can't use brights because there is always oncoming traffic), so HID is very worth it to me. My lights are aimed correctly, and they look no different than factory HID, so I'm not worried about it. Not to mention vehicle inspection is not required where I live.
Old 10-19-2003, 01:42 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NightRider-gsR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Korean manufacturer. Nothing against Koreans in general, but if you want to be smart about an investment concerning HID systems...stay away from Belux. Commonly, Korean manufactured bulbs DO NOT last as long as their OEM spec counterpart such as Philips.</TD></TR></TABLE>
so what are you trying to say about koreans?

jk
Old 10-19-2003, 02:58 PM
In-N-Out Burger

Default Re: Bluex hid's any good??? (PatrickGSR94)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PatrickGSR94 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">jeez where do people get this idea that HID's are illegal now, as if all HID is now illegal... uhh no. Cars are still coming out of factories w/ HID installed in them. Have you seen the new 2004 Odyssey minivan (thread in the appearance forum)? It has HID projectors that actually swivel side-to-side as you steer the front wheels.

Aftermarket HID in halogen housings has never been legal, and supposedly it is now illegal to sell aftermarket retrofit kits (although I'm STILL not sure if this is true or not). But really, I drive alot at night on interstate highways (can't use brights because there is always oncoming traffic), so HID is very worth it to me. My lights are aimed correctly, and they look no different than factory HID, so I'm not worried about it. Not to mention vehicle inspection is not required where I live. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I knew this thread would catch Patrick's attention...

As stated in xenondepot.com in their FAQ:
--------------------------------
Every jurisdiction has its own rules and regulations governing the use of automotive lighting. XENON HID lighting systems that are supplied with the vehicles from the factory are DOT approved. Our kits are also made by the same OEM manufacturers that supply all the major car companies of the world. NO XENON HID lighting system available from any source is DOT approved if installed outside of the factory. Moreover, in the U.S, this is not street legal for use on public roads. As a result, we officially endorse the kit for exhibition and off-road use and will only sell the kit to be used for these purposes. We are not responsible for buyers who violate the terms of sale while in which they will assume all responsibilities for any unauthorized or unintended use other than exhibition or off-road use.
--------------------------------

HID is not legal in cars that didn't come with HIDs from the factory. Get it? Straight to the point.

As far as getting harassed by a cop...the only time it happened for me was when a cop got me for my "modified" exhaust ... my bail ticket ended up costing me $111.00. Then he tells me to pop my hood...I was like . He looked around, notice my AEM and saw the CARB sticker. Thing is, its really a CAI but I hacksawed it to become a short ram (just too many reasons for doing so). Well then he told me to turn of my headlights. After a while I turned it back on...and people know that HIDs warm up with a very blue hue so as soon as he saw it, he said "you have blue lights, but I wont write you a ticket for it." Little does he know that a 4300k's true color is white...not BLUE!!!

I despise 6000k++ kits and I'm pretty sure Patrick agrees with me on this one. It looks "cool" but the light output and the price compared to a 4300k kit is just not worth it. But to each his own.

'nuff said.

BTW: I think plenty of Korean girls a HOTTT! (ie: classic Sung Hi and ohh how about Natasha Yi?) Korean products are not worth buying... this is strictly an opinion---so don't get offended!

NRG
Old 10-19-2003, 03:17 PM

thanks for that 411 nightrider...i actually wasnt offended at all, it was just a joke. and yes, korean girls are one of the prettiest asians

is 4500k white/little blue?
Old 10-19-2003, 03:36 PM
In-N-Out Burger

Default Re: (integraL)

4300-4500 is the same thing. The naked eye will not be able to tell the difference. The ouput on some 4300k equipped cars actually have bluer/white hues than others depending on the projector they use. Unfortunately for Integras, the projectors in our cars are designed for halogen lighting, not HIDs. HIDs still would work but the light output is not efficient as it would if lets say you retrofit some Audi projectors in the Integra headlight housings.

NRG
Old 10-19-2003, 03:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NightRider-gsR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I despise 6000k++ kits and I'm pretty sure Patrick agrees with me on this one. It looks "cool" but the light output and the price compared to a 4300k kit is just not worth it. But to each his own.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah i agree, but I don't think 6000K+ looks cool

yeah the blue flicker of OEM HID projectors is pretty neat, but blue and/or purple lights look retarded IMHO
Old 10-19-2003, 06:26 PM
In-N-Out Burger

When I said "cool" I was speaking out for most of the people here on HT.com. I personally think blurple lights are useless let alone drive with it in rainy or foggy weather. Strictly speaking...nothing else can touch the light output of 4300k. Though I wish I had better projectors.

NRG
Old 10-19-2003, 06:50 PM

Seems like the same people respond to HID posts! I my HID!!!
Old 10-19-2003, 09:35 PM

Default Re: Bluex hid's any good??? (arizsun21)

WOW talk about JACKING my thread......LOL bit I bought them anyways for 100.00 bucks I couldent go wrong!!!
Old 10-19-2003, 09:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

let us know how it goes
Old 10-19-2003, 10:22 PM

Default Re: Bluex hid's any good??? (m0neynh0s)

I put em on today mannn ill nevr drive without HID'S again!!
Old 10-19-2003, 10:45 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hndarcrb18c1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I put em on today mannn ill nevr drive without HID'S again!!</TD></TR></TABLE>
what temp did you buy? 4300k?
Old 10-20-2003, 12:46 AM

Default Re: Bluex hid's any good??? (integraL)

Not sure I bought them from someone how do I tell??
Old 10-20-2003, 09:32 PM
In-N-Out Burger

take pictures and let me see the quality.... head on and the light output of the ground.... if you can take pics of the ballasts too...and the bulbs.

$100 eh? lets just hope it lasts longer than halogen bulbs.

Philips Components from http://www.xenondepot.com 4300k pwnz j00!

NRG
Old 10-21-2003, 07:00 AM

I had a 7000k kit before I got the Audi A6 kit and there is a big difference in the light output. I found that the purple/blue color would not show up on the road as well and during the rain I got only slightly better output then halogens. Now with my 4100k bulbs I can see a noticable improvement. Too bad I lost some bling bling
Old 10-21-2003, 09:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Bluex hid's any good??? (arizsun21)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by arizsun21 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Too bad I lost some bling bling </TD></TR></TABLE>

bahh my 4300K Phillips kit looks every bit as stock HID from a distance as any other car equipped w/ OEM HID. They definitely look blue from a distance.
Old 10-21-2003, 09:29 AM

I only lost some bling bling!!!
Old 10-21-2003, 11:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I wouldn't buy any HID kit that has BLUE in the name of it.

BTW, they're illegal and blinding. Stick with OEM
Old 10-21-2003, 11:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PatrickGSR94 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

bahh my 4300K Phillips kit looks every bit as stock HID from a distance as any other car equipped w/ OEM HID. They definitely look blue from a distance.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Where do you live? I want to compare my AUDI hid'vs VS. yours...
Old 10-21-2003, 11:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Bluex hid's any good??? (skafia)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by skafia &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Where do you live? I want to compare my AUDI hid'vs VS. yours...</TD></TR></TABLE>

TN and/or MS

I think my black projector bezels sorta made the HID's look a bit more blue from a distance... I dono maybe it's just me, although I do know it reduced glare

And when I say they look like OEM HID, I refer to the color only. It doesn't have the blue/purple flicker that OEM HID projectors do, but the color itself looks like OEM HID.

edit: here you go, my car on left vs. S2000 on the right

Quick Reply: Bluex hid's any good???