Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Car dies when slowing down

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 05:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car dies when slowing down

Car starts up fine. Idles around 1800 when cold. After a while it goes down to 750-800. Recently replaced...

Headgasket
Cam Seals
Timing belt
Waterpump
VC Gasket/gromets
NGK Spark Plug wires
NGK V-Power Spark Plugs
Boshe Dizzy cap
Dizzy Rotor

I had a friend help take apart the head and everything else. Left the rest to him. Since he's done it before. He called me up to let me know to come help plug in the harness. So I showed up and hooked up harness.

Started it up. Car wanted to die. Reved it for about 30 seconds and stayed started and idled 1800 at first then went to 750-800. Then I packed it behind hind his garage. Next day I picked it up. Drove about 2 miles and stopped at a light and it died. Drove another mile to home and got to the driveway. Right when I pulled in I had to slow/kinda stop because my driveway has a slight bump. Then It died.

Since I brought it home I haven't driven it or looked at the issue because the crappy weather but thought I'd like to hear all of your thoughts on this matter. Like issues some issues that accure after changing head gasket and timing belt.

I also noticed the V-Tec silinoid isn't hooked up. The plug must of gotten broken off or lost while taking off the harness. Would not having the V-Tec silinoid hooked up cause this dying issue?

Also before I had all this stuff replaced, I had a new Igntion coil put in. I thought it blew out and fried. But took it to a local shop and had it tested. He checked the resistance and compared it to another new coil he had and showed same resistance. Would this over heated coil have a problem keeping the engine running even though it over heated and has same resistance as a new/unused coil?

I hope I'm not forgetting anything. I think I got all the plugs plugged in correctly or it wouldn't drive.

Codes are: o2 sensors and IAT Sensor, had them before everything was replaced and didn't never died.

Last edited by CKnight90; 02-21-2014 at 08:49 PM.
Old 02-23-2014, 07:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Car dies when slowing down

ttt

..also only does it when its warmed up