Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Blower motor still runs with key off... Anyone run into this before?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 12:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blower motor still runs with key off... Anyone run into this before?

The other day my battery died while I was at work, and I jumped it to find out my blower motor was still running, even with no key in the ignition. For the time being, I have to turn the blower off before I get out of the car. I'm a mechanic, so the other day while I had nothing to do, I tore into it, thinking the ignition switch wasn't breaking a contact correctly or something... Well, as it turns out, the blower relay (coil side) is getting constant power when it should only have power with key on. I disconnected the ignition switch, completely removed the fuse box, and still had power at the coil side of the relay. After some wiring diagram investigation, this same circuit supplies several other components with key on power also. So, basically there's either a short to power in this wire somewhere, or one of the components that it leads to is putting power into it. It also powers things like the cooling fan relay, condenser fan relay, A/C clutch relay, and a couple other things I can't think of right now...

Has anyone ever run into this before? I know I can get it traced down, but if someone else has had this happen before, it'll give me somewhere to start, or else I'll be spending a **** ton of time with a test light and DMM....

(CLIFF NOTES: My blower motor doesn't turn off with the ignition switch)

EDIT: It's a 97 GSR

Modified by nitrofish420 at 4:58 PM 2/23/2007
Old 02-23-2007, 12:30 PM
I requested a short story for a title.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Blower motor still runs with key off... Anyone run into this before? (nitrofish420)

both my DA integras and my prelude do it, i have no idea why i wish i could help you out here.

in for more info
Old 02-23-2007, 01:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Blower motor still runs with key off... Anyone run into this before? (nitrofish420)

I had the same problem! What happen is that i wash my motor and didn't realise that my battery was leaking acid next to the engine fuse compartment box. The acid made a hole and water got in and my blower always stayed on. Try to blow some air in the fuse box or let it dry out! work for me and blower work ok after that!