Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

anyone ever use buddy club spec 3 cams on gsr head. HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 09:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone ever use buddy club spec 3 cams on gsr head. HELP!!!

just wondeing have everyone every use buddy club spec 3 camshaft?

i am going to pick up some soon but was wonder if i pick up the camshaft do i need to upgrade the valve, valve springs, and retainer to buddy club? or super tech, skunk2 , blox, valve, valve springs, and reatiner will be find too with the buddy club cams 3? lmk help
Old 10-12-2008, 09:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone ever use buddy club spec 3 cams on gsr head. HELP!!! (wing.jai)

TTT
Old 10-12-2008, 10:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone ever use buddy club spec 3 cams on gsr head. HELP!!! (wing.jai)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wing.jai &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">TTT</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 10-13-2008, 05:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

is your head stock? if so i wouldnt advise puting a spec 3 cam in without first upgradeing a lot, plus you gunna want a tune after. do a search
Old 10-13-2008, 05:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

my friend had these in his car....you will def want to upgrade your valvetrain..he ran skunk2 parts and it ran great..but you will def need to get a tune after install
Old 10-13-2008, 06:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure where it places your power at, but you may want to look into getting a new IM with it. The stock GS-R IM is set up for the stock cams.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone ever use buddy club spec 3 cams on gsr head. HELP!!! (AWD Terror)

yeah its a stock head. car is all stock. umm tune it meanning by adjusting the valve or what?
Old 10-13-2008, 08:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

by the sounds of that last comment it seems like you have a lot more learning before you should be messing with stuff like that.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone ever use buddy club spec 3 cams on gsr head. HELP!!! (danthemang3)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by danthemang3 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">by the sounds of that last comment it seems like you have a lot more learning before you should be messing with stuff like that.</TD></TR></TABLE>

x2 I dont think an agressive cam like that should be installed without other supporting upgrades.. at the very least chipped ecu
Old 10-13-2008, 08:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hondata s300

Old 10-13-2008, 09:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah Like the others said, you cant just throw in a new set of cams and expect gains, with bigger cams you add more air, with more air you add more fuel. If you leave the car alone a just add air, simple math: More air+same fuel amount=lean(boom) you will def need to get bigger injectors (stock is 240cc so get at least 340cc) along with a tune to support bigger cams. Oh and a valvetrain upgrade is a must for any cam upgrade unless its really close to stock specs. You def have a lot of research to do my friend

Also think of future mods you may do and get the gear now to support it so your not replacing parts that you buy now in the future for more power.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:30 PM

Yeah i think you should do more research into what your doing, its going to be around a 2k job to get the valvletrain work done if you get your head ported too. And you will need to increase fuel and get a good tune, either using piggyback or chipped ecu w/ basemap

Modified by 95LSt at 1:39 PM 10/13/2008
Old 10-13-2008, 02:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (95LSt)

Just upgrade everything at the same time. Better yet buy my motor.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:43 PM

Default Re: (redGSRguy)

kinda off the subject but in the same boat, i have a semi built b16 in my teg with arias high compression piston, skunk2 IM and TB, port and polish, upgraded valvetrain. Ive been driving it now for about 2k now and im not inpressed with the money that i put in it, like do i need it tuned? im also still obd0 andrunning a stock ecu. is that the reason im not impressed or what? n e info guys would really help me out
Old 10-13-2008, 02:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (xsi90teg)

The BC3+ cam is not a stage 3 cam. It is Buddy Clubs stage 1 cam. The name can throw people off but it is an entry level cam. Some research and NOT listening to all the misinformation in this thread will confirm. I had some BC3+ and they are designed for more mid range than top end power. Definitely a good cam for a daily driven car. If you search the archives you wll see dynos of these dominiate the S2S1 (another stage 1 cam) from like 3k all the way up to almost 8k. The S2S1 had a slight advantage after 8k. Although it is a stage 1 cam, I would recommend an aftermarket valvetrain and tuning to get the most out of them. Good luck
Old 10-13-2008, 02:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (95LSt)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95LSt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yeah i think you should do more research into what your doing, its going to be around a 2k job to get the valvletrain work done if you get your head ported too. And you will need to increase fuel and get a good tune, either using piggyback or chipped ecu w/ basemap

Modified by 95LSt at 1:39 PM 10/13/2008</TD></TR></TABLE>
ummmm.....NO. Just get valvetrain, cam gears and tuned. You do not need to spend 2k (or anything near 2k) to run a stage 1 cam. I think you should take your own advice and do some research.

Modified by JAYSEM Society at 7:06 PM 10/13/2008
Old 10-13-2008, 03:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone ever use buddy club spec 3 cams on gsr head. HELP!!! (Jayman_Gsr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jayman_Gsr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yeah Like the others said, you cant just throw in a new set of cams and expect gains, with bigger cams you add more air, with more air you add more fuel. If you leave the car alone a just add air, simple math: More air+same fuel amount=lean(boom) you will def need to get bigger injectors (stock is 240cc so get at least 340cc) along with a tune to support bigger cams. Oh and a valvetrain upgrade is a must for any cam upgrade unless its really close to stock specs. You def have a lot of research to do my friend

Also think of future mods you may do and get the gear now to support it so your not replacing parts that you buy now in the future for more power. </TD></TR></TABLE>

What equation did you use to determine the OP needs at least 340 cc injectors?
I've benn running BC3+ cams on my GSR for over 2 years with stock injectors. What HP do stock 240cc injectors max out at? What do 310 CC injectors max out at?

Looks like you're the one who needs to do some research

Now for the OP, if you plan on this car being a Daily Driver, the BC3 cams and stock GSR IM will be great for low and mid range. But if you want more top end for constant drag use, then look into some other cams and an aftermarket Intake Manifold. To run the BC3 cams, you should get some dual valve springs (supertech are great for the price) and a tune, adjustable cam gears would be nice, if you can afford dyno tuning. Contact John Vega at http://www.pherable.net for a chipped ecu
Old 10-13-2008, 04:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (xsi90teg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by xsi90teg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">kinda off the subject but in the same boat, i have a semi built b16 in my teg with arias high compression piston, skunk2 IM and TB, port and polish, upgraded valvetrain. Ive been driving it now for about 2k now and im not inpressed with the money that i put in it, like do i need it tuned? im also still obd0 andrunning a stock ecu. is that the reason im not impressed or what? n e info guys would really help me out</TD></TR></TABLE>

yes you definatly need it tuned before you blow it up
Old 10-13-2008, 04:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

im guessing by tuning you guys mean the ecu.
Old 10-13-2008, 05:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wing.jai &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im guessing by tuning you guys mean the ecu.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Cam gear tuning would be nice also
Old 10-14-2008, 05:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone ever use buddy club spec 3 cams on gsr head. HELP!!! (ruffrhyder)

ruffrhyder It would be wise to get bigger injectors for more air, stock injectors duty cycle is already very close to 80%, it would be wise to at least like you said get 310's but I just said 340s cause you can pick up a used set fairly cheap but...as I was saying bigger injectors when adding more air would be a great idea, not tring to get a bash session going but yeah.....

If it were me, I would personally get bigger injectors...

I don't know what mods you plan on running in the future but if you turbo, supercharge, nitrous, etc and you plan on making good hp #'s then you may as well factor that in and get the gear to suite your future needs as well but if your doing only cams and that's it (highly unlikely you will stop there once you get started) then you would be fine as long as your injectors don't max out, GO FOR IT

Old 10-14-2008, 07:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

my set up are for my gsr
rc 310 injector (will this fit on the oem fuel rail and oem intake manifold? it should right?)
b8M fpr
buddy club spec 3 cams w/ buddy club cam gear
buddy club vlave spring, and retainters
gsr piston
gsr tranny
skunk 2 inttakemanifold
aem v2 intake
dc 4-2-1 headers
Old 10-14-2008, 12:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wing.jai &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">my set up are for my gsr
rc 310 injector (will this fit on the oem fuel rail and oem intake manifold? it should right?)...
</TD></TR></TABLE>
You may have to bore out the bottom seal but I don't remember, or go buy some just check to see if the injectors are the same size at the bottom where they sit on the manifold....you may need to get injector clips too but just check to see if everything is a direct fit. If not use a dremel to bore the seals and get injector clips.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone ever use buddy club spec 3 cams on gsr head. HELP!!! (Jayman_Gsr)

shouldnt it work with stock injector clips?
Old 10-15-2008, 04:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Should if you have obdI may have to cut the inside of the injector clip on the injector to get it to fit..

Quick Reply: anyone ever use buddy club spec 3 cams on gsr head. HELP!!!