Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

AC Problem and question: Rapid cycling.

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 07:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default AC Problem and question: Rapid cycling.

The problem I have may not be a problem at all, since I'm new to Integra's and am learning. I've researched in my Helms manual (no help :S ) as well as on this site and the following link is closest thread to my specific problem, but doesn't help much.

http://www.team-integra.net/fo...earch

Whats happening is, when I'm driving down the road w/the AC on, the compressor is turning off and on (cycling). It doesn't do this untill it's been on for several minutes. I know it's suppose to do this but it does it VERY often: every 3-5 seconds, which seems abnormal.

And of course, when it comes on, the car slows down a little bit and when it goes off, everything goes back to normal ( I knwo this is normal)
But with such rapid cycling the car constantly feels like its jerking and is very, very annoying.

So, my questions are:
How many times per minute is the AC suppose to cycle?
Like I said, once its on for a little while, it's cycling every 3-5 seconds.

Is the compressor kicking off and on in YOUR Integra very noticeable?

From the above link, it seems that it's possible my system is overcharged and it's keeping itself from freezing up and thats why the frequent cycling?

Does this sound reasonable or am I way off on this?
Old 03-21-2006, 09:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: AC Problem and question: Rapid cycling. (mac_24_seven)

This is also happening to my teg, it cycles on and off maybe every 10 seconds. i don't have a problem with the rpms dipping low or anything there is a slight jerk when it turns on and off while i'm driving but i don't mind it because it helps me know when it's on and off, so bump for some answers
Old 03-21-2006, 05:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AC Problem and question: Rapid cycling. (DC4me)

Ok.. Maybe a better question is: Whole your driving down the road, how often does your compressor kick off and on?
Old 03-22-2006, 03:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I guess since it doesn't deal w/exhaust or an intake and is an actual technical question, nobody wants to answer?
Old 03-22-2006, 07:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Or, should I say, can answer?
Theres alot more to a car than just suspension and drivetrain..

I suppose I shouldn't clown on H-T too bad: Team Integra hasn't given me any answers either.

Old 03-22-2006, 08:22 AM
FAILWGN

Did you check out the whole ac circuit on page 22-5 in the helms manual?
Old 03-22-2006, 09:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AC Problem and question: Rapid cycling. (Blu99teg)

Well, I can't that I worked my way through the complete system, part by part, but I did check the helms for the answer to my specific question about the # of cycles and there isn't one, nor is there a troubleshoot for my problem.

It was suggested in the one reply I got at T-I, that my compressor/clutch is bad, causing it to heat up the freon and it shuts the system down or it could be a bad pressure switch.

Thats the only info I've got on it and I plan to research into those 2 possibilities, but at the moment, I'm just wanting a simple question answered :S

I guess nobody pays attention to it, which means it must not cycle very often and I definetly DO have a problem.. But, I'm just guessin there. I'd rather have some imput so I know which direction to go.

And thanks for not clownin on my thread
Old 03-22-2006, 09:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i would like to help you out with your question, but i dont have ac........ (AC delete)
Old 03-22-2006, 12:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AC Problem and question: Rapid cycling. (RaceMyGhost)

I tell ya, if I would have labeled this "I have _____ setup, would this header be a good choice?" or " Would this _____look good on my car?"
I'd have tons of posts.

It's frusterating. I'm wantin to know how many times it's suppose to cycle.. I thought it was a prett simple question.

Anybody with a teg and AC should at least give me an average, if any at all.
Old 03-22-2006, 01:49 PM
FAILWGN

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mac_24_seven &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well, I can't that I worked my way through the complete system, part by part, but I did check the helms for the answer to my specific question about the # of cycles and there isn't one, nor is there a troubleshoot for my problem.

It was suggested in the one reply I got at T-I, that my compressor/clutch is bad, causing it to heat up the freon and it shuts the system down or it could be a bad pressure switch.

Thats the only info I've got on it and I plan to research into those 2 possibilities, but at the moment, I'm just wanting a simple question answered :S

I guess nobody pays attention to it, which means it must not cycle very often and I definetly DO have a problem.. But, I'm just guessin there. I'd rather have some imput so I know which direction to go.

And thanks for not clownin on my thread </TD></TR></TABLE>

Im not a total a-hole. BTW: I don't pay attention to mine cause I hardly ever use AC. Only when the temp is above 100 outside.