Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

**1995 GSR BUILD**Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 12:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default **1995 GSR BUILD/RHD**Thread 56K warn

Ok so I decided to make a thread on the history of my integra since I onwed it and what I'm doing now/RHD how to.

Almost 4 years ago I got my 1995 Acura Integra GSR came with a Built LS/V ready for boost and a lot of other diff mods Bought it off my boy TK in Tampa FL for 6K.

I Believe it was almost a year later after the multiple times people tried to steal the car I was ran off the road by 2 guys racing in hondas they cut me off out of nowhere 1 min from my house and slammed on there brakes, I slammed on my brakes and they locked up and I slid into a crv (Irony) right after the POS in one of the hatches moved out the way I went forward and boom. My seat belt snapped and my head went through the windshield the steering wheel did not have an airbag it was a JDM ITR wheel but it did save me because I always drive real close to the steering wheel and **** the seat back some because I have a really bad back. When I impacted me getting stuck on the steering wheel kept me from going all the way through the windshield and dieing because I would have went dead into the crv at 50mph. I lost most of the skin on the right of my fore head and most of the hair on top luckily months later it gre backin.

Months later after saving up I knew I could fix it I had never done anybody work before it took me 2 days after finally buying everything I needed to fix the car.

Gap in the left corner the metal was too messed up and when I welded on the support it was not perfect.

I decided to get the whole car resprayed after I fixed the car the original color was a black with a pearl in it looked like a black cherry when the sun hit it. I also decided to get the wheels repainted a custom gold yellow

I think it was like a year later I got tired of seeing the gap in the hood the hood not latching and popping up when driving I was in Mechanic school and after getting a few tickets my license got suspended for a while so I decided a drastic change in the car I ordered a rhd conversion and began working on it as well as coming up with the look I want. I pulled the motor sold the wheels, the front end, got rid of the suspension and started stripping the car down. I put the motor in a 96 EK coupe shell SI converted the car traded it to my friend for a built ls/v turbo EF hatch "Yoshi" months later I sold the EF on Ebay for 5k could not keep up with the money being spent on the integra and maintaining the EF.

Picks will be updated tomorrow after I finish working on the car somemore. Thanks for looking below I included a list of diff things I plan on doing to the car after the RHD convert is finished. I have not been able to work on the car for over a year and a half since I have been moving a lot but now I have a perm home so I started working on it this week lmk what you think

First thing I decided to do:
1.RHD conversion spray the inside of the firewall. cover the firewall in sound deadening material.
2.I bought a set of GT3's 5 Lug for $250 with no tires so I decided I'm going to do a 5 lug conversion as well.
3.Drill out the corners where the radiator support gets welded in at the top and weld in new pieces so the car will be perfect as if it was never wrecked before.
4.The car had ABS so I removed the whole thing and I'm going to do a brake line tuck all of the lines will be hidden from inside the engine bay re routed somewhere else and the prop valves for the clutch and brakes will be on the op side of the firewall.
5.Fuel line filter eliminated and getting an inline fuel filter as well as shave the entire bay, fill all of the uneeded holes and do a wiretuck.
6.Mold the sides ITR looks cleaner, shave off the antenna, and rear winshield sprayer.
7.Remove the sound deadening material from the inside clean it up.
8.JEGS 10 point roll cage powder coated a custom gold.
9. Function 2 Suspension. Powder coat the forks rack and pinion assembly custom gold etc.
10.JDM radiator support might as well I removed it allready to fix the corners.
11.JDM Front.
12.Send the car to get painted Mercedez Black and the GT3's powdercoated custom gold.
13.Put the interior panels back in.
14.Pass JDM ITR Recaro seat well driver since it will be RHD, no rear or pass seat.
15.put the dash and everything else small backtogether.
16.Start building a motor Dart B20 Block B16 Head built for boost, H22 Built for boost w/H2B kit, K20 Type S Boosted.

Modified by godzhand at 5:07 PM 8/8/2008
Old 08-08-2008, 12:55 PM

wow i wish i knew how to do all that. i love to be busy working on my car with the little i know. nice thread
Old 08-08-2008, 01:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

anyone can do it you just have to be confident in yourself know what you want and dive in but be careful I had never done body work at all before I repalced the radiator support.
Old 08-08-2008, 01:26 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: (godzhand)

cant wait to see it done
Old 08-08-2008, 01:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

good luck with build.
Old 08-08-2008, 02:05 PM

unreal good luck with everything!
Old 08-08-2008, 03:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thx alot guys I was really tired but I wanted to get more done so I went back down into the Batcave and started working again I removed the metal plate from the pass side tech when I'm done driver side but w.e pics will be up tomorrow. Also wanted everyone to remember to spray all of the drilled holes with some primer so it does not rust up until your done then you can weld everything back in.
Old 08-08-2008, 04:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: **1995 GSR BUILD/RHD**Thread 56K warn (godzhand)

nice rhd ftw
Old 08-10-2008, 09:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thx
Old 08-10-2008, 10:40 PM

Cool. It seems to be coming along nicely. Cant wait to see how it turns out. Good Luck
Old 08-13-2008, 10:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (97_tegLSvtec)

well I started working on the car again today removed most of the seam sealer and I drilled out prob half of the welds in the firewall and I also removed the right corner piece that the radiator support welds into because of how bad it was from the old accident and weld. It was not that easy getting off that side because the mount bracket welded in but the other side should take me 30mins to get out. Tomorrow I will remove the rest of the welds from the firewall and start breaking it lose I need to get some more drill bits by the way Dewalt drill bits the ones with the jaged tip are the best for removing the welds at a descent price. Start off small then go back and hit them with a bigger bit until the whole weld is removed. When I weld the holes back up I'm gonna have to put rose welds on it to fill in the holes prob call a professional to come do it the metal is very thin and I will have him stitch weld around the firewall to add extra strength to it and grind it down and lay down the seam sealer.

pass side I removed. I might go back out there in a minute and remove the other side or atleast drill the welds and break it lose tomorrow.

Welds I drilled out in the wheel wells and seam sealer I removed with a wire brush wheel. I sprayed everything down with primer when I was done to get the Rust demon away.

Old 08-13-2008, 10:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (godzhand)

GL bro keep us posted
Old 08-13-2008, 11:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

so I went back down into the Batcave and removed the other side seen some surface rust and grinded all of it off with a wire wheel. Idk I might actually go back down after I get some food since I have not had anything all day run to discount to pick up some bushings for one of my other cars and some primer and I might finish atleast drilling out the firewall. [freak] it I'm gonna grab some beer and take that damn firewall out.

Old 08-13-2008, 08:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

did not have the energy to go take the firewall out tomorrow morn I will be tearing at it.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:00 PM

Great job, but still long ways to go
Old 08-17-2008, 03:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Mr.Honduh)

Thx I got a sawzaw from my friend the other day and after a drunken bday weekend I did not really feel like even rolling out the bed but I forced myself down into the batcave. I cut out the firewall close to where I need to break it apart so tomorrow I should have the firewall all the way out and the next day I'm going to drop in the new firewall and talk to my guy about welding it in place.