OK.... So the only pics I can find at the moment are the motor assembly ones. This will do for now.
I'm running B16 head with 'clover leaf' modified head chambers. This is to raise the compression via the head and not by a dome top piston. Thus leading to a better combustion by the mixture being compressed in the centre of the chamber where the spark is. Also as you can see I needed custom flat top pistons.
I ended up running the Dart block mainly because of the price I could get it compared to an OEM block getting sleeved (OEM b-series motors here are still expensive for what they are) and so I can get the max amount of displacement without having to increase the stroke. I like a motor that can rev. Having a closed deck also is a benefit. The block may be overkill for what it's being used for. But I'd rather over engineer it and have one less thing to worry about.
It's running a set of Kelford Cams and made about 200hp on 98 octane fuel. But these cams are nearly the same as the ITR cams, but with a slightly bigger lower cam. This was designed to create a more linear power curve as apposed to the VTEC 'kick' you get with the ITR cams. I'm currently getting a bigger set of cams for it. We'll see how they go.
Kinsler 58mm ITBs. Damn sexy!
Innovative mounts in black.
Engine bay prep. I was going to do a shave of the bay, but seemed like a lot of effort for a car that I race and will get dirty and scratched anyway.
1975 Alfa Romeo Green. I wanted something bright so oil leaks can be seen. Plus just wanted something bright and obnoxious.
The head. Nice ported head. And you can see the head chamber is now a clover shape, not round.
The block. Knife edged, lightened and balanced B20 crank. Finding the oil return galleys in the block are not quite big enough and have had so oil surging issues.
Motor on the engine stand at home getting all the external parts bolted on before being put into the car.
Ati damper thrown on for good measure.
The motor dropped in. Also running an MSD dizzy with external coil. Once we figured out the output signal from it for the new ecu it works well.
I'm in the process of finding some more photos of the rest of the car. These will be up when I get a chance!
Big thanks to Will at JHH Engineering for doing all the engine work for me. Really happy with the craftsmanship and how he looked after me.