My 95 civic coupe has an integra engine (B18b) in it... anyway, while driving the other day i heard a semi-loud popping noise and an almost back fire kind of sound. After that happened theres been a fluttering noise to the car, ill elaborate as best i can.
When accelerating in ANY gear or in NEUTRAL i get a kind of "flapping" or "fluttering" sound (best i can describe it)
- The engine, prior to this "event", did have white smoke in the exhaust on hard acceleration
- The noise only seems to occur when accelerating, ill hear it while accelerating then if i let off the gas and let the engine wind down i wont hear it.
- Going to check for exhaust leaks or possibly holes ( the car sits very low to the ground and scrapes frequently if im not careful)
- Also i noticed the oil light going on and off while the car is running and the noise is or isnt present
- I added oil and the noise seemed to be ..."muffled", it was still present but not as... pronounced..
Any insight or help you guys can provide is GREATLY appreciated!!!