Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

B16B (CTR) Complete Swap from Hmotorsonline--What else do I need?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2004, 12:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B16B (CTR) Complete Swap from Hmotorsonline--What else do I need?

I fully expect to get flamed for this, but I'm asking because I can't find the answer so if its here please post the link.

I'm going to purchase the b16b "complete swap" from Hmotorsonline (http://www.hmotorsonline.com/s...30006)

My question is: What else do I need, besides what's provided, to drop a b16b into my 99 DX Hatch? I already purchased a Del Sol AC bracket so I can keep my AC. I just want to have everything ready to go so I can do it all an once instead of starting and realizing I don't have something.

Thanks for the response.
Old 05-17-2004, 03:46 PM

Does your Del Sol A/C bracket have a P54 on it? If it doesn't then it will not work.

It looks like that's everything you need, perhaps a longer throttle cable.

*when doing swap, there is always something you will need. You can never be too prepare.*
Old 05-18-2004, 02:22 AM

Default Re: (Greasemonkey)

Yeah, its the P54. Thanks for the reply dog.
Old 05-18-2004, 03:51 AM

Default Re: B16B (CTR) Complete Swap from Hmotorsonline--What else do I need? (berzerker19)

The motor comes with everything your going to need to do the swap. The only thing else i can really think of is new oil , oil filter, and 3 quarts of MTF. But if i were you i would go ahead and replace your Timing belt, tensioner , spring, and water pump. Its just good preventive maintenance and 10 times easier to change out those things when the motor is out of the car.
Old 05-18-2004, 04:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: B16B (CTR) Complete Swap from Hmotorsonline--What else do I need? (berzerker19)

When I got my B16B from there it was super nice. It had like 38K miles and it was very clean. You will have to do some wiring, which I'm sure you already knew that. The rear mount you should get from a 99-00 si, and the del sol a/c mount, the rest bolts up. Like someone already stated, do the timing belt, water pump, thermostat, dist cap, rotor button, plugs, wires, etc. now and save your self the headache. Get the t.b and water pump for a OBD II GSR , i.e. 1998.

Good luck, that is a bad *** motor. Not much power until 6K, but after that it rocks!
Old 05-18-2004, 09:18 AM

Default Re: B16B (B_Something)

Thanks for the info fellas. While I know I'm going to have to do some wiring, I'm not totally positive what kind of wiring needs to be done. (I know it includes wiring the VTEC, but beyond that I'm lost) If it came down to it I was just going to do the physical swap and pay someone to do the wiring for me.
Old 05-18-2004, 10:04 AM

Default Re: B16B (berzerker19)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by berzerker19 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thanks for the info fellas. While I know I'm going to have to do some wiring, I'm not totally positive what kind of wiring needs to be done. (I know it includes wiring the VTEC, but beyond that I'm lost) If it came down to it I was just going to do the physical swap and pay someone to do the wiring for me. </TD></TR></TABLE>

True , yeah wiring really isn't that hard its just tedious work.
Old 05-18-2004, 02:13 PM

Default Re: B16B (berzerker19)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by berzerker19 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thanks for the info fellas. While I know I'm going to have to do some wiring, I'm not totally positive what kind of wiring needs to be done. (I know it includes wiring the VTEC, but beyond that I'm lost) If it came down to it I was just going to do the physical swap and pay someone to do the wiring for me. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thats what I did when I did my B18B. Oh Also you will need some radiator hoses from a B-series (bigger) so you don't have to try to shove the small DX hoses over the big B-series radiator. Some Adjustable claps too while your at it.

P.S. Prestone Radiator fluild is ideal for your car since it does that have sulfrate( i think that's how you speell) which whill rust aluminum raditator.