Water
Water
Gatorade
Cooler
Ice
Towels
Shade forming tarps or umbrellas
Water

light colored clothes - DON'T wear your black tee, pants and black long shirt.
Extra dry clothes

Water

I know I've missed something so please feel free to add on
Old 07-10-2003, 07:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: What to bring on a HOT day at the track - lessons from SP HYPERFEST (Lees Z)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Lees Z &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I know I've missed something so please feel free to add on </TD></TR></TABLE>

water, sunscreen, a hat.
Old 07-10-2003, 07:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What to bring on a HOT day at the track - lessons from SP HYPERFEST (Lees Z)

If you have access to electricity, a fan can be real nice. I put the 20" box fan from my shop in the trailer for Summit, and was glad I did. Think I saw some at Home Despot for under $10.00. Might get a few more.
Old 07-10-2003, 07:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Had all of this . Learned my lesson from CMP last year ... had heat exhaustion!
Old 07-10-2003, 07:50 AM

Default Re: What to bring on a HOT day at the track - lessons from SP HYPERFEST (JMU1337)

water
a chair - your *** will get weary
water
a pit pad - getting under the car without getting stuck on the melting asphalt
water
mechanics gloves - avoid Indiana Jones "****" palm burns when you pick up your torque wrench.
water

Old 07-10-2003, 07:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What to bring on a HOT day at the track - lessons from SP HYPERFEST (bulldog_RS20)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bulldog_RS20 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
mechanics gloves - avoid Indiana Jones "****" palm burns when you pick up your torque wrench.
</TD></TR></TABLE>LMAO!
Old 07-10-2003, 07:55 AM

Default Re: What to bring on a HOT day at the track - lessons from SP HYPERFEST (bulldog_RS20)

trailer with A/C
Old 07-10-2003, 08:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What to bring on a HOT day at the track - lessons from SP HYPERFEST (Apocalypse)

Girlfriend to give you water, so you don't have to get out of your chair. Shade, fan would have been nice.. Fix and do everything in the morning, watch other people work on their cars in early afternoon and giggle
Old 07-10-2003, 08:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What to bring on a HOT day at the track - lessons from SP HYPERFEST (Honda318dx)

Garden sprayer or other small spray bottle. While usually used by autocrossers to spray tires between runs, I find that the cooling mist has a way of making the heat feel much less oppressive. In addition it can be used to hose down any of the aforementioned welding-iron-hot tools, parts etc.
Old 07-10-2003, 08:18 AM

Default Re: What to bring on a HOT day at the track - lessons from SP HYPERFEST (Honda318dx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Honda318dx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Girlfriend to give you water</TD></TR></TABLE>

Never underestimate the power of having someone to stand over you with a towel/umbrella and hand you a drink with a straw while you're roasting on false grid. Perhaps one of the reasons why the heat 0wn3d me on Sunday.
Old 07-10-2003, 01:47 PM
Trial User

Default Re: What to bring on a HOT day at the track - lessons from SP HYPERFEST (Apocalypse)

Just thought I'd add a little tip here. Avoid fruit juice on hot days too. I've seen a couple of racers suffer heat problems, including one passing out on grid, and all thought they were fine drinking fruit juice. Fruit Juice is full of sugar, though, and together with the heat and lack of water (due to drinking juice) can really upset your blood sugar level making you nauseous at a minimum, dead as a maximum.

Water and gatorade type drinks are the way to go.

Best way to tell if you've had enough fluid, your **** should be very pale yellow to clear. Dark yellow means not enough fluids in the system.

Drink Water
Old 07-10-2003, 02:07 PM
New User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Lees Z &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Water

light colored clothes - DON'T wear your black tee, pants and black long shirt.
Extra dry clothes

</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL. So I cant dress like a 'trench coat mafia' stunna at VIR in a few weeks?

Old 07-10-2003, 02:22 PM
Trial User

Default Re: What to bring on a HOT day at the track - lessons from SP HYPERFEST (92sleepR)

Other drinks to be avoided include coffee & any soda with caffine. These are diuretics (sp?). In other words, they make you want to pee. The coffee has caffine & the soda has the double whammy diuretics of sugar & caffine.
Old 07-10-2003, 02:50 PM
New User

Default Re: What to bring on a HOT day at the track - lessons from SP HYPERFEST (civicrr)

air conditioned RV's work breat too
Old 07-10-2003, 04:02 PM
New User

Default Re: What to bring on a HOT day at the track - lessons from SP HYPERFEST (urbanlegend21)

drink beer instead.
Old 07-10-2003, 04:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What to bring on a HOT day at the track - lessons from SP HYPERFEST (siisgood00)

avoid black racecars. Arrrrggggh!
Old 07-10-2003, 04:46 PM
.RJ

Default Re: What to bring on a HOT day at the track - lessons from SP HYPERFEST (speedracer33)

how about just avoid racekars... w/ no interior those things are really ******* hot.

I thought i was going to die after 20 min in that hatchcrap. Usually i dont feel relieved when the checker comes out.
Old 07-10-2003, 05:07 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Apocalypse &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Never underestimate the power of having someone to stand over you with a towel/umbrella</TD></TR></TABLE>

Exactly, every race should have umbrella girls!
Old 07-10-2003, 05:14 PM

Park on the grass if possible. At PIR i find it much cooler to park on the grass. It is not good if you are one of those who must always put the car on all four jack stands. Also find a rich buddy who has a very big white enclosed car trailer to hang out in when it is hot. A Pre-grid umbrella girl (wife) is a must, for me.
Old 07-10-2003, 06:24 PM
New User

Default Re: What to bring on a HOT day at the track - lessons from SP HYPERFEST (92sleepR)

You can if you want to. However, we'll all watch you look very wet

I'm trying to figure out if bringing one of those pools that rise when you fill them up would be worthwhile......

Anybody know where we can get a water truck to fill it up???? 15" X 3" deep might cool a few bods off.

Worker fund donations .....hum...... good summer use.
Old 07-10-2003, 06:25 PM
New User

Default Re: What to bring on a HOT day at the track - lessons from SP HYPERFEST (urbanlegend21)

Old 07-11-2003, 04:42 AM

Default Re: What to bring on a HOT day at the track - lessons from SP HYPERFEST (JAMES "A")

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JAMES "A" &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Park on the grass if possible. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Some temps from Hizzyfest for everyone to digest:

Grass in the shade: 78°
Grass in the sun: 92°
Asphalt in the sun: 109°
Black showcar's hood: 125°

This was on Saturday sometime right around lunch, so not the hottest of the day.
Old 07-11-2003, 05:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Workout on a regular basis, a well-running cardiovascular system can do a world of good both on and off the track.
Old 07-11-2003, 05:59 AM

Default Re: (JMU1337)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JMU1337 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Workout on a regular basis, a well-running cardiovascular system can do a world of good both on and off the track.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Screw that.
Old 07-11-2003, 06:02 AM

Default Re: (JMU1337)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JMU1337 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Workout on a regular basis, a well-running cardiovascular system can do a world of good both on and off the track.</TD></TR></TABLE>

pick up mountain biking. its fun, gets you in shape, and will train your brain and body to work well when it is hot, fatigued, and dehydrated.

Quick Reply: What to bring on a HOT day at the track - lessons from SP HYPERFEST