Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

Windshield wiper blade stuck.

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2017, 08:15 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windshield wiper blade stuck.

This morning I was turning on my car and I hit the windshield wiper fluid handle by accident. It was cold out - 6 degrees. The windshield wiper is stuck in the up position on the driver side.it would budge back and forth within an inch but it would not go down all the way while i was on my way to work... both arms on on solid tight. WHAT DO I DO? I don't know anything about cars... I would post a picture if I could.
Old 12-27-2017, 01:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Re: Windshield wiper blade stuck.

By the sounds of it I's say your wiper motor has quit working. It was overloaded so either the motor is no longer functional and needs to be replaced or more likely and hopefully, you just blew a fuse.
Fuses are like little plastic things that plug into a socket, they have two electrical "terminals" or connections that plug into the fusebox. When there is too much current, they are designed to break internally to prevent further damage to the rest of the electrical system. There are two fuseboxes, one under the dash, near the floor by where your left footrest is and one under the hood of the car. You need to look and see if your "Wiper" or "Windshield Wiper" fuse is blown, it is going to be in one of the two fuseboxes. The fuseboxes have little plastic locking tabs or turn screws that hold on their cover, get the cover off, look at the diagram on the inside of it for the "Wiper" or "Windshield Wiper", locate which fuse it is and pull it out, there will be a number printed on the diagram as well as a number printed on the fuses (the number indicates how much electrical current is required to blow the fuse), use the location and numbers to help orient yourself with which way the diagram is laid out. Here is what a good or bad fuse looks like: