Appearance Build Threads Showcase and discussion for projects and theme cars.

My update to my del sol project

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2016, 05:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: My update to my del sol project

Originally Posted by Nave43
So many rare goodies, and that interior is 10/10 IGN. What size were the bulbs in the dash switches? Thats something to put on my to do list.
Thank you appreciate it! I believe T5 bulbs, but somewhere in my thread when I changed the bulbs I believe I mentioned what size they are. You should do it pretty easy to replace and make the interior look way better
Old 05-24-2016, 06:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

About time i start installing these 11inch prelude rotors on my car. No more school= time to work on my car.

Removed my h brace since i hit a dog and the dog bent it. Since that happened the h brace was against my exhaust system causing a rattling sound. You can see the white part if the metal of the brace being warmed and cooled.

Last edited by SupremeDalek209; 05-24-2016 at 10:06 PM.
Old 05-25-2016, 01:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I dont see it listed anywhere but its a usdm 95' Vtec right? So you already had the 10" rotors up front. Curious to see how the 11" nsx caliper/prelude rotor combo works out, im sure it will stop on a dime. Ive always felt even the Si brakes were a little small for the weight of the sol.

Poor doge, but i have the same u brace. Guess it wasn't as sturdy as it seemed, but glad your ok man.
Old 05-25-2016, 04:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I dont see it listed anywhere but its a usdm 95' Vtec right? So you already had the 10" rotors up front. Curious to see how the 11" nsx caliper/prelude rotor combo works out, im sure it will stop on a dime. Ive always felt even the Si brakes were a little small for the weight of the sol.

Poor doge, but i have the same u brace. Guess it wasn't as sturdy as it seemed, but glad your ok man.
Its the 94 vtec same as the 95 though, and I have the 10 in the front, but mine is converted to the 4x114.3 suspension and I could not just buy that anywhere so I have to do this or prelude calipers would have done the same yet I had the opportunity to buy these. O I hope it stops on a dime I cant wait to find out how well it stops once it is installed!!
Thank you very much the dog was already dead but it was on the freeway and it was late at night so I saw the dog too late.
Old 05-27-2016, 01:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Painting the nsx calipers gold. Getting them rebuilt saturday. Cant wait; will install on sunday!
Old 06-06-2016, 08:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Before I cleaned the caliper bore out since it was a bit rusty inside. The other caliper had no rust whatsoever so I was glad about that.

Showing everyone how bad that caliper bore and caliper was after years of just sitting in some strangers storage.

I began rebuilding one and inserted the o-ring, but than i began inserting the new caliper into the caliper bore with the dust boot installed; well short story i pinched the boot and it ripped so I just sent one off to my uncle who owns a shop in stockton to rebuild them for me since im a klutz. Check his shop out its called Speedy Auto, pretty nice dude and always has returning customers.

The other pistons where pretty bad, but her is a picture of the new calipers. So pretty

An after image of me cleaning them up with fine grit sand paper.

Last edited by SupremeDalek209; 06-06-2016 at 09:06 PM.
Old 06-08-2016, 11:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

One is done! One more to go!
Old 06-14-2016, 06:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Keep up the good work bro
Old 06-15-2016, 12:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by d-cheeze
Keep up the good work bro
Thank you very much! I am trying lol
Old 06-24-2016, 04:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Both ready to be installed, but not installing yet. I can already predict ill need a spacer just need to put one on and see what size of a spacer i will need. Hoping for at least 3mm.
Old 06-25-2016, 03:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Havent installed the 11 inch rotor yet, but just want to see if the caliper will clear my rim. Surprisingly it clears well just rubs one side of my rim just a bit but not bad since it still allows it to spin freely. Going to just buy a 5mm spacer to have it clear with no issues.
Old 06-29-2016, 02:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Just waiting for the spacers to come in now.
Old 06-30-2016, 03:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Finally have my car to the ground. Needed 15mm spacers to cover the nsx calipers! These 15 inch rims dont cut it. When I have the opportunity im getting rid of these cps and my 96 spec wheels as well and getting some 16" wheels. I personally do not like running spacers. But at the moment i have to! <br/>Let me know what you all think of my new bbk setup!

Last edited by SupremeDalek209; 06-30-2016 at 08:31 PM.
Old 07-02-2016, 03:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Brakes look awesome, great cross of form and function. Also appreciate the fact you went with just slotted over drilled and slotted rotors. Those rims even benefited from the spacer imho. Bet its an awesome feeling having it back on the road.

Though the real question is how does it stop?! Is the bias weird with bigger front brakes and a OEM prop valve?
Old 07-02-2016, 05:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

When I did the 11" upgrade I was able to fit the stock 96 ITR rims with a 3mm spacer. I'm using ITR calipers so idk if that makes a difference. Great build btw. I love all the oem goodies you have!
Old 07-02-2016, 11:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Your car is going great so far, I'm enjoying it.
Old 07-04-2016, 08:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Brakes look awesome, great cross of form and function. Also appreciate the fact you went with just slotted over drilled and slotted rotors. Those rims even benefited from the spacer imho. Bet its an awesome feeling having it back on the road.

Though the real question is how does it stop?! Is the bias weird with bigger front brakes and a OEM prop valve?
Thank you very much! Yea well I read online that the best rotors are the blank rotors, but I liked these since my oem rear rotors came slotted so I thought to do the same in the front. Yea the rims definitely benefitted having the spacer or else I would not be able to drive my car. It is a great feeling being able to drive my car again!

Well since these are new rotors and new brake pads I thought it would brake on a dime, but I read online I had to break in the new hawk pads to the rotor, and I dont drive my del sol much so it is getting better at braking the more I drive it. I tried braking it today from 50-10 and it did pretty damn good. A significant difference from the single piston even though I can tell the front brakes a lot more than the rear. I love it, but I am going to eventually upgrade to a 1" MC; yet not anytime soon since it's not really too much of a problem.

Thank you again!
Old 07-04-2016, 08:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by B16B Four Door
When I did the 11" upgrade I was able to fit the stock 96 ITR rims with a 3mm spacer. I'm using ITR calipers so idk if that makes a difference. Great build btw. I love all the oem goodies you have!
Well the thing is bro I used a 25T accord bracket instead of a 23T bracket. If I had a 23T bracket I would have more clearance, but I did not want to get a 23t bracket since it would require machine milling. Also the NSX Brake caliper is slightly bigger than the ITR Caliper. My 96 spec rims would have needed a spacer as well since I bolted up my 96 spec rim it didnt even move since the caliper rubbed.
Also thank you OEM is always best!
Old 07-04-2016, 08:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by WeBuildStance
Your car is going great so far, I'm enjoying it.
Thank you very much appreciate the positivity bro!
Old 07-05-2016, 01:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by SupremeDalek209
Well the thing is bro I used a 25T accord bracket instead of a 23T bracket. If I had a 23T bracket I would have more clearance, but I did not want to get a 23t bracket since it would require machine milling. Also the NSX Brake caliper is slightly bigger than the ITR Caliper. My 96 spec rims would have needed a spacer as well since I bolted up my 96 spec rim it didnt even move since the caliper rubbed.
Also thank you OEM is always best!
I think I'm using the same bracket as you but not sure because I did not check the markings. I ordered the prelude bracket to match the rotors and didn't need to use washers or anything to get the caliper to fit. I also tried to fit the stock ITR wheels without a spacer with no luck but I was doing it just to see how much of the caliper would have to be shaved to fit without a spacer. Then I got lazy and didn't want to shave the caliper lol
Old 07-06-2016, 10:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by B16B Four Door
I think I'm using the same bracket as you but not sure because I did not check the markings. I ordered the prelude bracket to match the rotors and didn't need to use washers or anything to get the caliper to fit. I also tried to fit the stock ITR wheels without a spacer with no luck but I was doing it just to see how much of the caliper would have to be shaved to fit without a spacer. Then I got lazy and didn't want to shave the caliper lol
You probably do than! The 25T bracket didnt need any washers either. I think not shaving a caliper is best since it does not sound safe to me lol
Old 07-07-2016, 01:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I like the rotors and Calipers
Old 07-07-2016, 02:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by civicprototype
I like the rotors and Calipers
Thank you!
Old 08-03-2016, 01:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Got bored so I turned a photo of my car into a cartoon.
��

Old 08-03-2016, 05:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looking good man, love the dice valve stem cover

Quick Reply: My update to my del sol project