Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Sales Feedback (https://honda-tech.com/forums/sales-feedback-157/)
-   -   Action clutch sale (https://honda-tech.com/forums/sales-feedback-157/action-clutch-sale-3292172/)

mayfly 01-31-2017 01:54 PM

Action clutch sale

just trying to give a heads up to everyone out there. action clutch is doing a 30% off sale today. gotta create an account and use code ak47. Aki from hi-boost challenged them to help out young racers trying to build there carsand action clutch responded with some big generosity. thanks action clutch! i know this is probably the wrong place to post this but wanted everyone that actually makes power a chance to get on it. if this goes againt the rules then mods please delete

2LEM1 01-31-2017 02:49 PM

Re: Action clutch sale

Not bad, the 1KS comes out to $340 shipped, that's over $130 off retail.

Good deal for someone who needs a clutch.

mayfly 01-31-2017 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by 2LEM1 (Post 51187352)
Not bad, the 1KS comes out to $340 shipped, that's over $130 off retail.

Good deal for someone who needs a clutch.

Correct! i was kinda surprised, never used action clutch before. but for the price i got a spare clutch, or ill use it on my next build

2LEM1 01-31-2017 03:15 PM

yeah I was considering buying a spare actually, but the reason I didn't go with AC before is because I'm not sure the 1KS will hold 200lb ft of torque, and I feel like I fall into a weird spot inbetwen the stage 2 and stage 3. I hate when they rate it in a % increase over stock... over a stock B series that makes 111 lb ft to the crank? Great, that really helps. :P

Clutches should be rated by how much torque they can hold, and saying a 1KS can hold "70% more torque than stock" does literally nothing for me, considering there's no "stock" b series. We talking B16? B18C5? B20? No matter what, 70% more than stock is certainly not over 200lb ft, and I'm probably making about that. Bleh.

mayfly 01-31-2017 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by 2LEM1 (Post 51187365)
yeah I was considering buying a spare actually, but the reason I didn't go with AC before is because I'm not sure the 1KS will hold 200lb ft of torque, and I feel like I fall into a weird spot inbetwen the stage 2 and stage 3. I hate when they rate it in a % increase over stock... over a stock B series that makes 111 lb ft to the crank? Great, that really helps. :P

Clutches should be rated by how much torque they can hold, and saying a 1KS can hold "70% more torque than stock" does literally nothing for me, considering there's no "stock" b series. We talking B16? B18C5? B20? No matter what, 70% more than stock is certainly not over 200lb ft, and I'm probably making about that. Bleh.

for the longest time that bothered me to. i just started doing math(btw i suck at math) and would get a decent idea and crap shoot it. i called them today and they suggested the stage 5 2ms. told them i was making just over 500 whp. one of there employers uses that clutch and makes 530? on his k series with the 2ms.'

another cool thing is they are designed and made in the USA. they have been in business since 1962.

I'm always willing to give other companies a try. maybe it will work maybe not. but for 311.50 shipped to my door....i aint beating that price

TheShodan 02-01-2017 05:48 AM

Gotta move this to the sales / Feedback forum. I know you're letting us know about some great deals, but this is a tech forum, so I'll send it over there. No disrespect intended, ok? ;)

mayfly 02-01-2017 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by TheShodan (Post 51187801)
Gotta move this to the sales / Feedback forum. I know you're letting us know about some great deals, but this is a tech forum, so I'll send it over there. No disrespect intended, ok? ;)

no worries thank you! at least i know for next time

k20z1ej1 03-27-2017 02:03 PM

does anyone know if the ak47 code is still good for a discount?