Notices
Sales Feedback This forum is to list your experiences with our vendors or other users. Positive or Negative. Please READ the rules.

Action clutch sale

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2017, 01:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Action clutch sale

just trying to give a heads up to everyone out there. action clutch is doing a 30% off sale today. gotta create an account and use code ak47. Aki from hi-boost challenged them to help out young racers trying to build there carsand action clutch responded with some big generosity. thanks action clutch! i know this is probably the wrong place to post this but wanted everyone that actually makes power a chance to get on it. if this goes againt the rules then mods please delete
Old 01-31-2017, 02:49 PM
I like to party

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Action clutch sale

Not bad, the 1KS comes out to $340 shipped, that's over $130 off retail.

Good deal for someone who needs a clutch.
Old 01-31-2017, 03:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 2LEM1
Not bad, the 1KS comes out to $340 shipped, that's over $130 off retail.

Good deal for someone who needs a clutch.
Correct! i was kinda surprised, never used action clutch before. but for the price i got a spare clutch, or ill use it on my next build
Old 01-31-2017, 03:15 PM
I like to party

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

yeah I was considering buying a spare actually, but the reason I didn't go with AC before is because I'm not sure the 1KS will hold 200lb ft of torque, and I feel like I fall into a weird spot inbetwen the stage 2 and stage 3. I hate when they rate it in a % increase over stock... over a stock B series that makes 111 lb ft to the crank? Great, that really helps.

Clutches should be rated by how much torque they can hold, and saying a 1KS can hold "70% more torque than stock" does literally nothing for me, considering there's no "stock" b series. We talking B16? B18C5? B20? No matter what, 70% more than stock is certainly not over 200lb ft, and I'm probably making about that. Bleh.
Old 01-31-2017, 03:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 2LEM1
yeah I was considering buying a spare actually, but the reason I didn't go with AC before is because I'm not sure the 1KS will hold 200lb ft of torque, and I feel like I fall into a weird spot inbetwen the stage 2 and stage 3. I hate when they rate it in a % increase over stock... over a stock B series that makes 111 lb ft to the crank? Great, that really helps.

Clutches should be rated by how much torque they can hold, and saying a 1KS can hold "70% more torque than stock" does literally nothing for me, considering there's no "stock" b series. We talking B16? B18C5? B20? No matter what, 70% more than stock is certainly not over 200lb ft, and I'm probably making about that. Bleh.
for the longest time that bothered me to. i just started doing math(btw i suck at math) and would get a decent idea and crap shoot it. i called them today and they suggested the stage 5 2ms. told them i was making just over 500 whp. one of there employers uses that clutch and makes 530? on his k series with the 2ms.'

another cool thing is they are designed and made in the USA. they have been in business since 1962.

I'm always willing to give other companies a try. maybe it will work maybe not. but for 311.50 shipped to my door....i aint beating that price
Old 02-01-2017, 05:48 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

Gotta move this to the sales / Feedback forum. I know you're letting us know about some great deals, but this is a tech forum, so I'll send it over there. No disrespect intended, ok?
Old 02-01-2017, 04:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TheShodan
Gotta move this to the sales / Feedback forum. I know you're letting us know about some great deals, but this is a tech forum, so I'll send it over there. No disrespect intended, ok?
no worries thank you! at least i know for next time
Old 03-27-2017, 02:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

does anyone know if the ak47 code is still good for a discount?