Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Hybrid / Engine Swaps (https://honda-tech.com/forums/hybrid-engine-swaps-18/)
-   -   J swap no spark (https://honda-tech.com/forums/hybrid-engine-swaps-18/j-swap-no-spark-3312406/)

DroolinMoron 12-20-2017 12:58 PM

J swap no spark

need 94 integra to 99 odyssey wiring

not getting spark but has fuel
immobilizer chip desoldered
i have pulled ecu and key ignition with key and harness from donor van

im a bit confused on driver tower shock wiring
i need help
ecu is in and all connections to A plug seems to be correct

DroolinMoron 12-20-2017 03:18 PM

Re: J swap no spark

ANyone??....

fracas 12-30-2017 11:29 AM

Did you pin the shock tower plugs right on the passengerside kick panel area?

DroolinMoron 01-02-2018 05:40 AM

I hope I did, I followed my schematics on both integra Haynes and the engine I swapped in a odyssey 99
currently I only get fuel in.

And sometimes when when I turn key off to pull out it backfires really loud??

DroolinMoron 01-03-2018 11:24 AM

Well I decided to buy a AEM box

my own p8f was fried, hence no spark.

Hope to get this thing running.

fracas 01-13-2018 05:10 AM

Arm v2? Those will work just fine for you. But now I believe you have to pin the ecu plugs (on the harness) to work with the aem.

DroolinMoron 01-13-2018 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by fracas (Post 51532803)
Arm v2? Those will work just fine for you. But now I believe you have to pin the ecu plugs (on the harness) to work with the aem.

Hey, so a little update, I bought a 1060 aem v1 box, I read online someone ran a j32 in a sand rail so I decided to go for it. I just lost the page and I don’t know how they did it. And yes I repinned it all and it is all correct on my laptop, just no sparkAnyways, everything is good, but still no spark? Am I missing something, I’m checking the jumpers in the aem box and it’s factory.It’s all set to 1-2 on the jpt1-jpt2(crank and cam)But since my engine(j35a1) has no distributor and needs to run off crank and cam, should it be on the 2-3?? I did notice two thingsStart stat sync is offCoil#1 is off.I’m assuming that’s why no spark but what’ should I check...

fracas 01-18-2018 04:07 AM

From my understanding the v2 is the one u want for the j swap in a civic. Have u tried contacting Don from RPM Motorsports? He is a j guru and get u started right up over the phone.

DroolinMoron 01-20-2018 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by fracas (Post 51536101)
From my understanding the v2 is the one u want for the j swap in a civic. Have u tried contacting Don from RPM Motorsports? He is a j guru and get u started right up over the phone.

I got this version box because I saw it at a cheaper price and thought I can repinnit to work but recently I only see 5 coil outputs so it gots me worried lol... and I saw someone didit on a sand rail online somewhere, may have to resell and save up for the v2...
I actually emailed him once awhile back I forgot why, I think I was about to order a harness from him, but then recently I figured it out. I may have to give him a call, I haven’t had a chance to try my new settings and calibration yet on my box I been sick and in ER, seems like the flu is hitting everyone hard...On a side note, is does the j35 Fire two cylinders at once or one during the firing order? 1-4-2-5-3-6? Like does 6-1 fire together then 4-2 etc... sorry if that sounds dumb...

fracas 02-02-2018 02:36 AM

I' not 100% sure on the j35. I have. A 03 j32a2 cls6 swap.

DroolinMoron 02-05-2018 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by fracas (Post 51548286)
I' not 100% sure on the j35. I have. A 03 j32a2 cls6 swap.

DroolinMoron 02-05-2018 12:53 PM

oops didn’t mean to quote, I haven’t had time to mess with it yet, I will keep updating just Incase someone decides to try something confusing as I am doing, lol.

If all else fails , v2 aem it is :/

Freedo_Civegra 02-07-2018 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by DroolinMoron (Post 51537794)
I got this version box because I saw it at a cheaper price and thought I can repinnit to work but recently I only see 5 coil outputs so it gots me worried lol... and I saw someone didit on a sand rail online somewhere, may have to resell and save up for the v2...
I actually emailed him once awhile back I forgot why, I think I was about to order a harness from him, but then recently I figured it out. I may have to give him a call, I haven’t had a chance to try my new settings and calibration yet on my box I been sick and in ER, seems like the flu is hitting everyone hard...On a side note, is does the j35 Fire two cylinders at once or one during the firing order? 1-4-2-5-3-6? Like does 6-1 fire together then 4-2 etc... sorry if that sounds dumb...

Are you talking about Tim Beadle?

I'm pretty sure your J35 only fires one cylinder at a time.

DroolinMoron 03-07-2018 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by Freedo_Civegra (Post 51552442)

Are you talking about Tim Beadle?

I'm pretty sure your J35 only fires one cylinder at a time.

yes I think so,

another update, I called aem they told me I needed a type of trigger kit to get spark with what I was trying to do, or convert my j35a to a distributor. I didn’t want to buy another kit and add more confusion.

my solution: resold my v1 1060 box, bit the bullet and bought the aem v2. Fires right up, now I’m just finishing vinyl wrapping my car and off on the road I go!!, thanks for the replies I hope whoever tries what I tried doesn’t. Lol

Freedo_Civegra 03-07-2018 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by DroolinMoron (Post 51574958)

yes I think so,

another update, I called aem they told me I needed a type of trigger kit to get spark with what I was trying to do, or convert my j35a to a distributor. I didn’t want to buy another kit and add more confusion.

my solution: resold my v1 1060 box, bit the bullet and bought the aem v2. Fires right up, now I’m just finishing vinyl wrapping my car and off on the road I go!!, thanks for the replies I hope whoever tries what I tried doesn’t. Lol

Good deal! Glad to know someone else has a J-swap. I love mine! TORQUE.

DroolinMoron 03-17-2018 07:27 PM

Probably last update:

incase someone is doing a j35a1 swap with the 6051 aem box and can’t get it to idle correctly.

i had to add a little bit of fuel, and had my timing at 10degrees btdc.

I struggled wondering for 2 hours why it wouldn’t stay on lmao.

I skipped timing sync step, and checking fuel tables.

Derp. Thank you everyone for replying, hope this helps another j35a1 swapper out.

DroolinMoron 05-12-2019 06:00 AM

Tuning question

I didn’t want to make another thread on this so I decided to post here.

following up on my success getting my car started, everything is great, been a year and a few months, I’ve decided to start tuning more for power or at least a tad bit more efficient on high end, I plan on turboing it but I’d like to know a few things that I’m concerned about. I want to tune what I have now until I gather my turbo together.

1. I have my BTDC at 10 fixed to lock in my timing with the program, but in my ignition tables they’re set high around 19-25 low load then upper on WOT it’s down to 8.7, I’m assuming the higher the number the more advanced timing it is... so at WOT it’s set 8,7 across? Shouldn’t it be more advanced to 12-16? Or son like that? What is ideal for this?

2. Is the BTDC 10 degrees for a j35a/j32a?

3. My AFRs are 12.8-13.7 at WOT at the moment which is Where I want it for NA, but when VTEC engages it goes to 16? I’ve tried adding more fuel but it seems excessive to jump lean like that or is that normal? I’ve only done 1-2 pulls ever.

I mainly cruise but now I want to go fast lol

my mods are
j35a1 with j35a4 intake manifold
Intake
full 2.75” exhaust dual out
And a manga flow catalytic converter lol.