Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda S2000 (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-s2000-5/)
-   -   roll bar help please (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-s2000-5/roll-bar-help-please-2979481/)

TheMuffinMan 09-25-2011 12:24 PM

Re: roll bar help please

Originally Posted by bhigh (Post 46076080)
that is a camping trailer every body im not white trash( and the multi collored rims are gone i sold them for 1g and bout ap2 rims the offset is better and you are right about the autocross events they dont car about whats in your car azz long azz its bolted down that why i said i was doing it for orgon kart track and hoopa hill climb) and why buy some hard dog roll bar when i can have a pro make me one for half the price and all u criticks on s2k nope its not stock and dont car what u think it looks like, guss what i get paid to race my s2k (its a dd and race car) its called a sponser i get paid to have it on my car i have 4 sponser dont be jelus but any way thank again ap what and why pay for somthing like a roll cage when im doing 45mph around cornner and am not gonnna roll over im, not doing 100mph cornner thats why i dont care how safe it is its point less but it is the rulles so stop making point less comments if ther not to help i did not post this for pep to tell me what i should do with my car and rather they like what im doing i agree with some of the roll cage cometts but wer i race its point less to have one and no its not for looks i like the oem look every thing i put on my car is for performance iv paid more for sussption then my car who cars what it looks like its how it drives and scents im in first place in str i think its a grate car race car) how many of you accualy drive your s2k every day or race it my guss is you cant aford to drive it or it stays in the garage and comes out for its oil change

That is a camping trailer everybody and I'm not white trash. The multi-colored rims are gone, I sold them for $1,000 and bought AP2 wheels because the offset is better. You are right about the autocross events, they don't care about what's in your car as long as it is bolted down. Which is why I explained it was for the Oregon kart track and Hoopa hill climb.

Why buy some HardDog roll bar when I can have a pro make me one for half the price? For all you critics on Honda-Tech, it's not stock and I don't care what you think it looks like.

Guess what - I get paid to race my S2000, it's a daily driver and race car, it's called having a sponsor. I get paid to have it (no idea what 'it' is) on my car. I have four sponsors, don't be jealous. Anyway, thanks again about why pay for something like a roll cage when I'm doing 45mph around cornner and am not gonna roll over im, not doing 100mph cornner thats why i dont care how safe it is its point less but it is the rulles so stop making point less comments if their not to help i did not post this for pep to tell me what i should do with my car and rather they like what im doing i agree with some of the roll cage comments but where I race it's point less to have one and no its not for looks i like the oem look every thing i put on my car is for performance iv paid more for suspension then my car who cars what it looks like its how it drives and scents im in first place in str i think its a grate car race car) how many of you actually drive your s2k every day or race it my guss is you cant aford to drive it or it stays in the garage and comes out for its oil change

I started correcting this ****ed up garbage but gave up.

Stop while you're ahead and try presenting yourself properly when you respond to posts.

Your rollbar is a piece of shit, I highly doubt you are sponsored by anyone with half a brain. People are trying to help you and your safety. A poorly installed rollbar does more harm than good - yours is poorly designed and installed.

*edit*

Added to that, no one cares about your half-price rollbar. You know that old saying "You get what you pay for" ? Your half-price rollbar is half price for some reason - poorer quality materials, cheaper welds, etc. It downright is not safe. Why add the roll bar at all if you're not concerned with safety? Those rules in place at the tracks you are talking about require you to have a roll bar FOR SAFETY. Let me reiterate that, they do not have those policies in place so you can bolt in a piece of shit roll bar to squeak by. They want you (the driver) to be safe.

If you are truly sponsored, then I"m sure one of the four sponsors would be more than happy to pay for a proper roll bar.

JUSTINTHECOASTI 09-25-2011 01:19 PM

that is a camping trailer every body im not white trash( and the multi collored rims are gone i sold them for 1g and bout ap2 rims the offset is better and you are right about the autocross events they dont car about whats in your car azz long azz its bolted down that why i said i was doing it for orgon kart track and hoopa hill climb) and why buy some hard dog roll bar when i can have a pro make me one for half the price and all u criticks on s2k nope its not stock and dont car what u think it looks like, guss what i get paid to race my s2k (its a dd and race car) its called a sponser i get paid to have it on my car i have 4 sponser dont be jelus but any way thank again ap what and why pay for somthing like a roll cage when im doing 45mph around cornner and am not gonnna roll over im, not doing 100mph cornner thats why i dont care how safe it is its point less but it is the rulles so stop making point less comments if ther not to help i did not post this for pep to tell me what i should do with my car and rather they like what im doing i agree with some of the roll cage cometts but wer i race its point less to have one and no its not for looks i like the oem look every thing i put on my car is for performance iv paid more for sussption then my car who cars what it looks like its how it drives and scents im in first place in str i think its a grate car race car) how many of you accualy drive your s2k every day or race it my guss is you cant aford to drive it or it stays in the garage and comes out for its oil change

Responding from what I understand, dd's and racecars are opposites. If you want a roll bar/cage, purchase(HardDog recommended) or build one that actually works. I understand youre trying to save a buck, but this is something you want that has been tested and engineered for your safety.

Boots 09-26-2011 04:02 AM

riiiight, because when i go camping i take my lawnmower and shed with me too;)

Black S2K 09-26-2011 05:08 AM

lol nice race car i see ur sponsors r really paying up

HondaKyle 09-26-2011 12:06 PM

If we cant afford to drive our S2000s why would they be coming out for oil changes if we are not driving them in the first place? You're acting like the S2000 is expensive. My engine management and turbo are worth more then anything all your modifications. Pointless comments? People saying your cage is pointless and dangerous are the only thing keeping this thread going or some what tech related. I suggest you enroll yourself in school.

njn63 09-26-2011 12:18 PM

Just stopping by to say that is the ghettoest roll bar I've ever seen. ****, my Miata cost 2k and I put a hard dog bar in it.

Also, judging by the fact you put that hunk of shit in your car I suggest you don't have a custom roll bar built. Leave it to people that actually know what they're doing.

njn63 09-26-2011 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan (Post 46076229)
Those rules in place at the tracks you are talking about require you to have a roll bar FOR SAFETY. Let me reiterate that, they do not have those policies in place so you can bolt in a piece of shit roll bar to squeak by. They want you (the driver) to be safe.

I can't think of a single track in the Midwest that requires a s2000 to have a roll bar for HDPE. They all consider the factory roll hoops "factory rollover protection" and let it slide.

I think the OP mentioned autocross? I've never heard of a roll bar requirement for autocross... even for a Miata that will kill you if you roll it. Not saying the OP is full of shit because regional rules vary, but what he said would be false in the Midwest. :P

TheMuffinMan 09-26-2011 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by njn63 (Post 46082181)
I can't think of a single track in the Midwest that requires a s2000 to have a roll bar for HDPE. They all consider the factory roll hoops "factory rollover protection" and let it slide.

I think the OP mentioned autocross? I've never heard of a roll bar requirement for autocross... even for a Miata that will kill you if you roll it. Not saying the OP is full of shit because regional rules vary, but what he said would be false in the Midwest. :P

True, I know for the East Coast VIR is an absolute convertible Nazi when it comes to roll bars.

I was mostly basing it off the OP's statements however, so very possible he is full of shit.

HondaKyle 09-26-2011 07:37 PM

He has four sponsors and we are all poor people. Yet... He is the one driving a stock S2000 with lube zone stickers on the side.

apwhat 09-28-2011 02:35 AM

jesus christ man..
ok..
I'm honestly going to give you the best advice ever.

sell your s2000.. and pretty much everything you own. Take that money and get yourself a start at community college or a local g.e.d class.

I'm not joking. I tutor college kids all the time, and will honestly help you.

Take something like business management/accounting and get yourself a decent job in two years.

After that, and you have no debt, and you can format paragraphs/sentence structure.. not sound like an ambivalent, foolish, s2000 owner...
then you get to play without halfassing the shit out of everything you touch.

bhigh 09-28-2011 12:16 PM

Don't need classes I might not know how to spell but I can ccount I make 3gs a month doinging hydroponics my self and I live in norcal and lube zone dosent just do oil its a tune up shop I mainly use them for rack timeow andi own 2 houses one I did inherit 1 and the outher will be paid off in5 yrs, and to the guy with the expesive ebay turbo and most deff AEM fuil mangement my tires cost more than that setup so good for you for puting a turbo on your car(if u did it ur self I bet its not even dyno tunned) and you guys aren't getting what I'm saying id rather try it my self than pay some one els to do it so you guys can keep ur s2k tucked in your garages and keep paying em off every month enjoy thx for the help guys

njn63 09-28-2011 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by bhigh (Post 46095233)
Don't need classes I might not know how to spell but I can ccount I make 3gs a month doinging hydroponics my self and I live in norcal

Oh shit, 36k a year? I better step my game up. :thud:

Black S2K 09-28-2011 03:20 PM

damn dude u tires cost that much? and u cant afford fender liners?

HardParkedCom 09-28-2011 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Black S2K (Post 46021556)
should have just got the hard dog bar with a low rails and a seat and u should fit fine

what this gentleman said is right. with an aftermarket seat bolted to the floor, even at ur height, you should have no issues passing a broom stick test with the hard dog bar. I'm 6ft and owner of an s2000 with hard dog roll bar and with the stock seats with a helmet on i'm about an inch under.

apwhat 09-28-2011 07:30 PM

also.. you spell fuel, FUIL.

DOOD MAN... put the pot down.

ug.. its only gonna get worse guys.. soon s2000's are gonna have home made itb's... some kid is gonna fiberglass a tsx front end...

****... maybe its time i get a nsx... lol

apwhat 09-28-2011 07:32 PM

bhigh!
can i see your engine bay?? of this track monster.

I have $20 that says you have at least two of three primary colors in your engine bay around coolant lines or your vented racing valve cover.. lol

HondaKyle 09-28-2011 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by bhigh (Post 46095233)
Don't need classes I might not know how to spell but I can ccount I make 3gs a month doinging hydroponics my self and I live in norcal and lube zone dosent just do oil its a tune up shop I mainly use them for rack timeow andi own 2 houses one I did inherit 1 and the outher will be paid off in5 yrs, and to the guy with the expesive ebay turbo and most deff AEM fuil mangement my tires cost more than that setup so good for you for puting a turbo on your car(if u did it ur self I bet its not even dyno tunned) and you guys aren't getting what I'm saying id rather try it my self than pay some one els to do it so you guys can keep ur s2k tucked in your garages and keep paying em off every month enjoy thx for the help guys

My engine/turbo setup was 16,000 dollars and that's not counting rims,tires, coils, bumper and wing. My s2000 is paid off but this isn't a pissing contest. Why do you refer to everyone having their s2000s in their garage? Why do you care if they keep it in their garage or not? I know most people on here daily theirs.

Bhighs profile.
Favorite Quote
haha ha i love dumb people they make me feel smart
Biography
i like fast cars dont care what it is or what it looks like
Interests
run your car not your mouth Project_R
Occupation
works with disabled kids and one on one aid detailer and papper boy
^^^^
I'm pretty sure he is the disabled one.

Who did you trash your hatch?

https://honda-tech.com/album.php?alb...ictureid=47379

94GSRMR 09-29-2011 05:43 AM

DAYYYUM(Smokey Voice)

Driven 09-29-2011 01:45 PM

This thread is amazing. I ran the OP's messages through Google Translate and it timed out... I'm still trying to figure out what he's trying to get at.

Try using punctuation, capitals, and proper sentence structure. It helps us understand what you're in need of, so we can help you.

From what I'm able to understand from the pictures... you had a hardparker's rollbar, modified it and made it more unsafe. There's a point and time when you should just cut your losses and start over. This would be it.

bhigh 10-02-2011 09:27 PM

ap what my engine bay is stock with a carbon fiber cover over the radiator suport and i did not trash that hacth my friend was dumb doing 100+ and drunk and went threw a fence and half way up a tree and the motor went 75yrd and he walked away with 4 staples just orderd stage 2 cams and valve train with apexi 2 vtec controler with boomslang (i think) jumper harnnes and tracy sport exhaust

bhigh 10-02-2011 09:30 PM

ow and im buying a nsx soon =) 96 with 01 or 02 front end( the front end is fake cf not real oem but for 6gs who cares

Black S2K 10-03-2011 06:45 AM

01 fronts r ugly

HondaKyle 10-03-2011 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by bhigh (Post 46118699)
ow and im buying a nsx soon =) 96 with 01 or 02 front end( the front end is fake cf not real oem but for 6gs who cares

are you going to ruin that also?

bhigh 10-03-2011 05:15 PM

nope im keep it the way it is just fix the tranny i know they have week points in some of them and i made my s2k look way better than with the red rims and fayded hood put on oem the only thing u disagree with is me making the roll bar

bhigh 10-03-2011 05:16 PM

ow and its the none pop up headlights it does have salvage tittle and its the dark green collor with ungly brown inter nut hella clean with work wheels