Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/)
-   -   gsr and rsx seats (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/gsr-rsx-seats-2596874/)

karubin 06-27-2009 02:52 AM

gsr and rsx seats

i was wondering. will GSR front and rear seats fit in my 96 ek without any mods? and would RSX front and rear seats fit my ek wtihout any mods? thankss

shytdoode 06-27-2009 03:41 AM

Re: gsr and rsx seats

the gsr will fit front and rear with no problem rsx im not so sure about

eskimo10 06-27-2009 04:41 AM

Rsx front seats will not fit into your car unless you modify the brackets. I just put some in, what I had to do was grind off the front two brackets as well as the rear outer bracket (towards the door). turn them around and bolt/JB weld/weld them back on to the rail then bolt the seat back in. On the inner side (towards the center console) you have to drill a new hole between the two existing holes on the rail and bolt the bracket there other wise the rear inner bracket won't line up. I'll get some pictures later. As for the rears I don't know as I didn't pick any up, but I have seen write ups where people have switched the foam and cover from an RSX bracket to their car bracket (not sure if it was integra or civic). Hope this helps!

karubin 06-27-2009 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by eskimo10 (Post 39051994)
Rsx front seats will not fit into your car unless you modify the brackets. I just put some in, what I had to do was grind off the front two brackets as well as the rear outer bracket (towards the door). turn them around and bolt/JB weld/weld them back on to the rail then bolt the seat back in. On the inner side (towards the center console) you have to drill a new hole between the two existing holes on the rail and bolt the bracket there other wise the rear inner bracket won't line up. I'll get some pictures later. As for the rears I don't know as I didn't pick any up, but I have seen write ups where people have switched the foam and cover from an RSX bracket to their car bracket (not sure if it was integra or civic). Hope this helps!

yeah that helped alot, but im not sure if iw ant to do any of that welding crap. do you know if i can get any other brackets to fit them in?

eskimo10 06-27-2009 01:03 PM

As far as I know, there doesn't seem to be anyway to get other brackets onto the RSX rail or seat without grinding and welding. Correct me if I'm wrong, but thats just what my research has found.

ej1love 06-27-2009 02:00 PM

just go with the gsr's, at the most u might have to swap the inner rail only. and the rears do u need 4 door bottoms on 6gen too? i know on 5gen u do b/c dc coupe bottoms leave a lil gap.

trustdestruction 06-27-2009 02:10 PM

For the GSR's you have to swap the rails and then they fit perfectly. For the RSX, you have to do some modification to the rails.

But seriously now, these questions have been asked a million times. We have a FAQ section (very clearly at the top of the forum), and both DIYs on this subject are linked to in it, with pictures.

FAQ Index
GSR Seat Swap
RSX seat swap

eskimo10 06-27-2009 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by trustdestruction (Post 39055760)
For the GSR's you have to swap the rails and then they fit perfectly. For the RSX, you have to do some modification to the rails.

But seriously now, these questions have been asked a million times. We have a FAQ section (very clearly at the top of the forum), and both DIYs on this subject are linked to in it, with pictures.

RSX seat swap

Agreed. However, the RSX swap is a terrible DIY. First off it just plain looks horrible even if you do paint it black, second I doubt highly that it is safe, third it is super jerry rigged, and fourthly you can reuse the stock mounting brackets. Guess I should do a DIY with my seats... might help some.

Edit: Though I do give props for the write up and the guy with the balls to first try it out and use those seats! And I will give him credit because he was my inspiration to find a new/other way to do it. I'm not trying to bash on it completely.

hushypushy 06-27-2009 03:08 PM

The GSR seats will bolt in perfectly except for the inside rear bolt which doesn't line up correctly. The other three are literally the exact same though. If you bolt it in with those, you won't notice any flex or movement in the seat as you drive, but if you get into a crash, it'll definitely tweak the rails (I've seen pics).

karubin 06-28-2009 09:39 PM

eskimo10 id appreciate it if you can do a diy for rsx seats in an ek. i really want to get rsx seats in my car.

eskimo10 06-29-2009 03:40 AM

Alright I'll try and snap some pics and write one up tonight after work.