Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/)
-   -   Car was stolen... feels like shit. (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/car-stolen-feels-like-shit-2695331/)

jkalex05 12-12-2009 11:41 AM

Car was stolen... feels like shit.

Well I purchased a 96 Civic EK coupe a couple months ago and I dropped about $2k in maint. and parts and really built it up nicely.

Last night was my birthday to top it off. I wake up and my car is gone.

It feels like a part of my heart was ripped out of me.

Jonathannx2 12-12-2009 11:51 AM

Re: Car was stolen... feels like shit.

Dang sorry bro:crook:

john@apf 12-12-2009 11:59 AM

Sorry to hear!!

What area was it taken from?

jkalex05 12-12-2009 12:03 PM

Laredo, Texas

Duc_du 12-12-2009 12:19 PM

u should have invest in top notch security. sorry to hear ur car got stolen. mine almsot got stolen once so i kinda feel u. if mine get stolen ill quit honda scene!!!

PacoEJ 12-12-2009 01:15 PM

dam thats suks, i even feel sad when i dream of my car getting stolen.

raidacaipo 12-12-2009 01:17 PM

Ive had bad dreams of this so I think I know how you feel

Doc13 12-12-2009 02:08 PM

Did you file a police report?

G/L with this situation.

gwl 12-12-2009 02:35 PM

Check if the previous owner has the Civic. They could have kept some spare keys.

Matt93eg 12-12-2009 04:32 PM

Sorry to hear this, I know exactly what emotions your going through, mine was stole from my work parking lot in September of 2005. It hurt like a bitch. Go to wal-mart and get some sleeping pills, you will probably need them...I did :(

jkalex05 12-12-2009 05:30 PM

Ya I filed a police report as soon as i noticed it missing. Knowing my town the car is in pieces and the motor will be in another honda soon aswell as my exhaust and other goodies I had in my car.

Evan125 12-12-2009 06:37 PM

that blows.
well about an hour ago, my new eg hatch blew up. i still havent figured out what happened, i wasnt hauling on it much either.
might as well be stolen. i dont want to look at the thing.

Ek9.civic 12-12-2009 09:10 PM

sorry to hear man, hope you find it in one piece!

thumper64 12-12-2009 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by PacoEJ (Post 40928453)
dam thats suks, i even feel sad when i dream of my car getting stolen.

I'm glad I'm not the only person who has nightmares of my car being stolen.

Sorry for your loss man, hopefully you'll get it back. Definitely invest in some security.

thumper64 12-12-2009 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Evan125 (Post 40930708)
that blows.
well about an hour ago, my new eg hatch blew up. i still havent figured out what happened, i wasnt hauling on it much either.

A motor can be rebuilt. I know it sucks, the same thing happened to me, but now I am fixing it up right like I would have never been able to if I were driving it.

fastrxu 12-13-2009 02:58 AM

What engine did you have? Hope u had a y7 so maybe they dont take it

The first thing i did to my hatch was a clifford pager alarm.
After the swap i added tilt sensor and backup battery and cluth club and wheel lock.
And even then im always paranoid

Good luck though keep us posted
Ps post pics maybe some one from laredo recognizes it

hondadcba 12-13-2009 03:09 AM

sorry to hear bro, damn those f*ckng criminals :mad:

jdmrocky 12-13-2009 03:11 AM

you should of gotten the fake car alarms that blink the red light. it scares thieves. they costed 4 bucks on ebay.

batallic 12-13-2009 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by jdmrocky (Post 40933077)
you should of gotten the fake car alarms that blink the red light. it scares thieves. they costed 4 bucks on ebay.

are u sure.. ppl with real alarms dont even scare off thieves.. what if the light doesnt scare them then what?

Matt93eg 12-13-2009 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by Evan125 (Post 40930708)
that blows.

What a "LOAD" of SHIT! A blown engine sucks no doubt but no where near as bad as having your shit stolen and when you find it, its stripped. Knowing some shit face theif sat in YOUR drivers seat and DROVE YOUR CAR and then took his tools and stripped your shit down to scrap. Violated is only one of the emotions you go through that comes to mind. As Thumper said, you can rebuild that engine or get another one but its not the same as your car being stolen, so don't freakin act like it is..looser.

newfietuner 12-13-2009 06:23 AM

Very sorry to hear about your situation, thanks be to god that vehicles dont get stolen where I live. Actually, there has never been a vehicle stolen period where I live. To bad the world couldn't be civilized as some of us, would really be a better place to live. Good luck in finding your car....or its pieces.

P.S. I was always told that if I were living in a big city like Toronto, Calgary, Edmonton etc... to mark your parts (if your hardcore like that, and I am)

FSUseminoleEM1 12-13-2009 07:25 AM

dang bro I def. feel you. i had my car broken into & some things stolen (laptop, gps, & some other misc stuff). I had just moved out of my parents' house so my things weren't covered under homeowner's insurance. Ended up replacing them out of pocket (there wen't my car money). As I'm sure you guys know, when you're in college, $10 might as well be $100 sometimes.

But in the case of vehicle theft, what does insurance do, if anything? My mom's an Allstate agent, I guess I could call & ask her, but i'm jw if anyone's had any kind of settlement out of a theft claim?

Seb.Sol 12-13-2009 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by jdmrocky (Post 40933077)

Or even better, just buy a fking alarm. Instead of spending 2k on a car for it to get stolen. Should have been the first thing you bought man... Like I'm sorry to hear about the car, truly am, I'd be devastated. But you gotta think about getting security first rather than parts... Even just sticking on a kill switch or two could have saved it, which costs next to nothing. Anyway, I wish you all the best in retrieving it.

300whpej 12-13-2009 08:13 AM

id go nuts if my car got stolen. sorry to hear this op

jkalex05 12-13-2009 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Seb.Sol (Post 40933898)
Or even better, just buy a fking alarm. Instead of spending 2k on a car for it to get stolen. Should have been the first thing you bought man... Like I'm sorry to hear about the car, truly am, I'd be devastated. But you gotta think about getting security first rather than parts... Even just sticking on a kill switch or two could have saved it, which costs next to nothing. Anyway, I wish you all the best in retrieving it.

I had an alarm... never went off. Im thinking they popped the trunk and cut the alarm off.