Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/)
-   -   camber kit (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/camber-kit-2508756/)

ep96hatch 02-23-2009 10:25 PM

camber kit

hey guess im looking to buy a camber kit for my 96 hatch i like to go low .. im looking for something good but not that expensive u all know where i can find some?

B serious 02-23-2009 10:30 PM

Re: camber kit

I got mine on ebay for $20 +$10 shipping. The fab work looked great. The bushings look a little cheesy....but whatever.

Look up civic camber kit on ebay.

ALLxMOTOR EG 02-23-2009 10:37 PM

also try HT marketplace.

CivicF4Ihead19 03-02-2009 04:07 PM

Just put my set of ebay front cambers on. Dont like them as much as my skunk 2's on my last integra, but they work fine.

mikeycivic 03-02-2009 04:13 PM

skunk 2 but fvck camber

Targa250R 03-02-2009 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by ep96hatch (Post 37530473)
hey guess im looking to buy a camber kit for my 96 hatch i like to go low .. im looking for something good but not that expensive u all know where i can find some?

If you "like to go low," then a camber adjuster kit is only going to cause problems. Forget camber adjusters.

If you're concerned about uneven tire wear, it's not the camber that causes it. Take the car to an alignment shop and instruct them to set the toe to dead center of the factory specification range (note: "within spec" is not good enough - ask to see the before and after print-outs). Ignore the camber. If it's done properly, you won't have uneven wear of any significance. If they won't do it, find another shop that specializes in non-standard or performance alignments.

I just saved you 100% of the money you'd have spent on camber kits. Take it or leave it.

commotion 03-02-2009 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Targa250R (Post 37617448)
If you "like to go low," then a camber adjuster kit is only going to cause problems. Forget camber adjusters.

If you're concerned about uneven tire wear, it's not the camber that causes it. Take the car to an alignment shop and instruct them to set the toe to dead center of the factory specification range (note: "within spec" is not good enough - ask to see the before and after print-outs). Ignore the camber. If it's done properly, you won't have uneven wear of any significance. If they won't do it, find another shop that specializes in non-standard or performance alignments.

I just saved you 100% of the money you'd have spent on camber kits. Take it or leave it.

+++ There is a Guy that is like the best and he is located in PA Near Gettysburg in a town called New Oxford his name is Mike Keating. he sets them dead on and if there is a problem which ive taken about 30 cars there (friends and family) and it hasnt so far but if there is a problem you taken it to him and there isnt a problem anymore.. you know what i mean :)

anyway he charges 150 which might be a little high but he makes sure it is set to zero. before it leaves
Link

UndisputedH22a 03-02-2009 06:15 PM

Here check this site out i got my Carbon Duckbill,tein springs on here for cheap

http://www.k2motor.com/civic-camber-adjustment-kit.html

B serious 03-02-2009 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Targa250R (Post 37617448)

I agree. I used mine to actually tune the camber to a specific degree.