Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/)
-   -   Another Korbach review. (Not all its craked up to be) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/another-korbach-review-not-all-its-craked-up-1032880/)

Jason C SBB 04-06-2005 01:08 PM

Re: Another Korbach review. (Solscud007)

Also, all the chassis stiffening mods I've done on my Miata (2000 which has a fairly stiff chassis), such as a rollbar, shock tower bar etc., have helped NVH and not handling. It's not a bad thing to me, but if indeed it improves steering response in my 97 Civic, I'd be thrilled, as that's its weakest point. Even with OE Sport springs and poly front bushings, I just can't seem to make the steering in the Civic feel precise or "pointable", like in the Miata, Protege5, RX8, or IS300. The Civic steering feels like it just makes small rapid inputs disappear. I'm thinking the frame flex might indeed be the cause of this which the Korbachs will hopefully improve.

I won't be too concerned if it increased understeer, as that can be tuned out, such as by stiffening my rear Konis or reducing rear camber.

pdiggitydogg 04-06-2005 01:15 PM

Its great that people are trying these with aftermarket shocks and springs, but I am more curious as to what rear sway bar, if any, people are using.
Personally, I have a 22mm rear bar.

suspendedHatch 04-09-2005 09:45 AM

Re: Another Korbach review. (Solscud007)

His review seems weak compared to the others. Just because he's negative, skeptical, critical of the price, and claims to have a car and driving ability better than average still doesn't make it credible. Still there's no testing criteria. I think a lot of people are going to read this and then go buy frame locks.

It felt like more understeer? Just blanket understeer on corner entry, apex, exit. Throttle on and off throttle, clutch in, at any speed it was all understeer? Since when does stiffening up the front CHASSIS increase understeer? What he felt could have been anything. People call everything understeer. People call oversteer, understeer! Then they dial in more oversteer making the handling even worse.

If joining the strut towers and joining the LCAs does anything, then it's perfectly feasible that bracing the bumper support has an equal if not greater effect. Why didn't the factory come up with this innovative new product? Well its not some highly advanced product, its just a concept of reinforcing the chassis at a critical point. Something the factory does with their Type R line. Something other cars have designed into their chassis just by the fact that it's a beefy chassis to handle the high hp and load.

I have an autopower partial cage. I want to expand it to the front but I'd lose streetability. I have a neuspeed strut bar, but it doesn't do a lot to unify the front end which still is quite a bit sloppy. I don't make enough power to warrant a traction bar. So I'm trying to get in on a group buy for this product. shaundrake@metacrawler.com

btw I consider my suspension and driving skill about average. I have tokico R coilovers which are about the equivalent to kyb/skunk2s. I did the strut travel mod. I have a GSR front sway and a 22mm adjustable rear sway.

Modified by shaundrake at 7:40 PM 4/9/2005