Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/)
-   -   94 Sol Si, SRS Light won't go off! (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/94-sol-si-srs-light-wont-go-off-2630187/)

JarvisW 08-19-2009 10:19 PM

Re: 94 Sol Si, SRS Light won't go off!

Well, up for the late nighters...

Does the 94 SRS unit die upon bag deployment, or is that myth?? (and where are the sensors?)

I'm also trying to work the Top right plug loose, but it won't budge. The one I'm using (right side of the 94 sol fuse panel) were easy to access, and have nothing to plug into, so I hope its the real MES.

Thanks, I'm really hating shelling out yet another $100 or more for parts, and a day or two of labor to get all the crap outta the way to install parts, so I'm hoping for definitive answers. Thanks again!

tico 08-19-2009 10:48 PM

here is what you need. new SRS sensors, new SRS controller.and i need to ask when you did any work to the SRS system did you disconect the battery at all? if you didnt you ****ed up. the computer sees a fault in the system even with the keyy off. you will need to replace the sensors and controller. make sure there is no srs connector under the seats, there are no SRS connectors on the seatbelts. if so then the seat belts need to be replaced also

JarvisW 08-20-2009 02:24 AM

Um, ok...

As I said, WHERE are the sensors? Nothing on the dealer page above.

Also, as said its MY new car, so I have no idea whats up besides new/used bags

tico 08-22-2009 09:34 AM

they should be on the frame rails around the firewall area. they will have a yellow connector so it makes it a bit easier

JarvisW 08-22-2009 04:08 PM

Well, I'm saying that its not on the dealer page for my model. They are for 93s but not for 94s. http://www.myhondapartsstore.com/myh...ll&ListAll=All

I still haven't had an answer on the SRS Unit.. Does it die when it sets off the bags?

denracho 08-22-2009 04:36 PM

do a 2.2 ohm resistor thing on the MES to permanent remove the light or just remove bulb... just my 2 cents. save you some headache sir.. gl

JarvisW 08-22-2009 05:29 PM

It won't pass inspection w/o the SRS light working properly.

GSaura 08-22-2009 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by JarvisW (Post 39717701)
It won't pass inspection w/o the SRS light working properly.

If youre in DFW, it should pass. Nothing about srs on the list below. Ive been turned away for alignment being out before. Some of these guys just don't know what the hell they're doing for whatever reason.

1. Horn
2. Windshield Wipers
3. Mirror
4. Steering
5. Seat Belts
6. Brakes (system) (Parking - beginning with 1960 models)
7. Tires
8. Wheel Assembly
9. Exhaust System
10. Exhaust Emission System (beginning with 1968 models)
11. Beam Indicator (beginning with 1948 models)
12. Tail Lamps (2); (1) if 1959 model or earlier
13. Stop Lamps (2); (1) if 1959 model or earlier
14. License Plate Lamp (1)
15. Rear Red Reflectors (2)
16. Turn Signal Lamps (beginning with 1960 models)
17. Head Lamps (2)
18. Motor, Serial, or Vehicle Identification Number
19. 1988 & newer - inspect for window tinting or coating
20. Gas caps on vehicles 2-24 model years old.

Linked 08-22-2009 05:41 PM

just reset the light completely incase you have a problem down the road with an srs item not working

http://www.geocities.com/myintegra96/srs.html

works on all civics, integras, im pretty much sure the crx-delsol is covered too

wangkata 08-22-2009 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by JarvisW (Post 39675949)
I searched, and read about 100 threads on this, but I can't find an answer.

I recently bought a 94 Sol that had its airbags deployed. I got a pair of bags from a 95 that DID fit. The wreck didn't look too bad. The hood is wrinkled, and lost one light, and the fenders are a bit crunched, but it didn't look like it was too bad a wreck...

Anyway, I hooked the new bags in, and read how to reset the light. Problem is, the SRS light won't go out unless I turn the key off! I can't reset it, if its not co-operating. The wire I'm jumping should be the yellow harness with 2 grey wires, that clips to the right side of the fuse panel, correct??

Does anyone know what to do now??

Thanks for any help in advance!

well if ur airbag deployed u definetly replace ur airbag computer no doubt about it and get a good set of airbag. If u just replaced the airbag that won't work because ur airbag computer memories been deployed and there's no reset for the computer unless u put a good one. Forget about the sensor they are talking about those are still good plus they PITA to change.

JarvisW 08-22-2009 10:52 PM

Ok, thanks guys. I guess I'll send my unit in to airbags.com (unless there is something wrong with them?)

Thanks for the info on Tx inspections.

And I tried that webage before I wrote this thread.. As I say, it STILL wont go off ;) lol

Anyway, I hope that will do it, even tho I really hate to pull all the crap outta there.