Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Civic (2016 - Current) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-2016-current-165/)
-   -   Civic Si Soft Clutch: Is there a fix? (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-2016-current-165/civic-si-soft-clutch-there-fix-3336915/)

chi town brat 05-11-2019 01:02 PM

Civic Si Soft Clutch: Is there a fix?

I have driven nothing but manual cars for 30+ years and that Si clutch is just to soft and to high of an engagement. So is there a way to fix it? Would a Type R clutch install correct it? It feels like a springboard and I am considering buying one as a daily driver but not unless I can get rid of the springboard.

TheShodan 05-12-2019 12:25 PM

Re: Civic Si Soft Clutch: Is there a fix?

Originally Posted by chi town brat (Post 51928762)
I have driven nothing but manual cars for 30+ years and that Si clutch is just to soft and to high of an engagement. So is there a way to fix it? Would a Type R clutch install correct it? It feels like a springboard and I am considering buying one as a daily driver but not unless I can get rid of the springboard.

how many miles have you put into the clutch so far? I admit the same clutch pedal feel was in myi SI, until about 450 miles or so, now it grabs excellent. (30+ years manual stick driver, here, also)

A TypeR won't fit due to the difference IB engine, but before going to the aftermarket, give it some time, you'll get used to it. especially if the purpose is daily driving

chi town brat 05-15-2019 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by TheShodan (Post 51929104)
how many miles have you put into the clutch so far? I admit the same clutch pedal feel was in myi SI, until about 450 miles or so, now it grabs excellent. (30+ years manual stick driver, here, also)

A TypeR won't fit due to the difference IB engine, but before going to the aftermarket, give it some time, you'll get used to it. especially if the purpose is daily driving

Thanks for the reply. i haven't bought one yet. After two test drives one new on the lot and one owned by an autocross friend I did feel the difference in the clutch feel. Didn't really think about what that difference may have been until you posted this.

I know a lot of Si owners who are very happy with the Si. I think it would be a good fit as a daily.

TheShodan 05-15-2019 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by chi town brat (Post 51931359)
Thanks for the reply. i haven't bought one yet. After two test drives one new on the lot and one owned by an autocross friend I did feel the difference in the clutch feel. Didn't really think about what that difference may have been until you posted this.

I know a lot of Si owners who are very happy with the Si. I think it would be a good fit as a daily.

My wife loves hers and only bought it because it was the best thing since her manual TSX CL7. If this weren't released, we'd have build a high compression replacement block. then it in, and kept rising for another 12 years.

She's an avid SI Fangirl. she has this & her EM1