Notices
Honda Civic (2016 - Current) 10th Generation Civic Forum Civic / Si / Type-R Discussions

Civic Si Soft Clutch: Is there a fix?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2019, 01:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Civic Si Soft Clutch: Is there a fix?

I have driven nothing but manual cars for 30+ years and that Si clutch is just to soft and to high of an engagement. So is there a way to fix it? Would a Type R clutch install correct it? It feels like a springboard and I am considering buying one as a daily driver but not unless I can get rid of the springboard.
Old 05-12-2019, 12:25 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: Civic Si Soft Clutch: Is there a fix?

Originally Posted by chi town brat
I have driven nothing but manual cars for 30+ years and that Si clutch is just to soft and to high of an engagement. So is there a way to fix it? Would a Type R clutch install correct it? It feels like a springboard and I am considering buying one as a daily driver but not unless I can get rid of the springboard.
how many miles have you put into the clutch so far? I admit the same clutch pedal feel was in myi SI, until about 450 miles or so, now it grabs excellent. (30+ years manual stick driver, here, also)

A TypeR won't fit due to the difference IB engine, but before going to the aftermarket, give it some time, you'll get used to it. especially if the purpose is daily driving
Old 05-15-2019, 07:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheShodan
how many miles have you put into the clutch so far? I admit the same clutch pedal feel was in myi SI, until about 450 miles or so, now it grabs excellent. (30+ years manual stick driver, here, also)

A TypeR won't fit due to the difference IB engine, but before going to the aftermarket, give it some time, you'll get used to it. especially if the purpose is daily driving
Thanks for the reply. i haven't bought one yet. After two test drives one new on the lot and one owned by an autocross friend I did feel the difference in the clutch feel. Didn't really think about what that difference may have been until you posted this.

I know a lot of Si owners who are very happy with the Si. I think it would be a good fit as a daily.
Old 05-15-2019, 09:07 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by chi town brat
Thanks for the reply. i haven't bought one yet. After two test drives one new on the lot and one owned by an autocross friend I did feel the difference in the clutch feel. Didn't really think about what that difference may have been until you posted this.

I know a lot of Si owners who are very happy with the Si. I think it would be a good fit as a daily.
My wife loves hers and only bought it because it was the best thing since her manual TSX CL7. If this weren't released, we'd have build a high compression replacement block. then it in, and kept rising for another 12 years.

She's an avid SI Fangirl. she has this & her EM1