Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-accord-crosstour-2003-2012-118/)
-   -   oil light/ wrench will not reset!! Tried it all!!!! (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-accord-crosstour-2003-2012-118/oil-light-wrench-will-not-reset-tried-all-2754777/)

herbedout13 04-04-2010 10:55 AM

oil light/ wrench will not reset!! Tried it all!!!!

I have tried everything possible... the directions in the manual, and searched forums, online etc... My mileage has now reached -6545.. I can't reset it. I have a 2007 honda accord hybrid.... anyone who may have experienced this problem I would love to hear from.. I contacted dealer and they said same as manual..still wont reset...any ideas?????
Thanks
:cry:

90sedan 04-04-2010 12:08 PM

Re: oil light/ wrench will not reset!! Tried it all!!!!

Honestly, you probably just aren't doing it correctly.

-With the Key on or the car running in Park/neutral, press the odometer button on the gauge cluster till it scrolls to the oil life percentage.

-Once there, hold the button down for ~10 seconds till it begins to flash.

- release the button and hold it down again for ~5 seconds. The oil life indicator should reset itself.

How many miles are on it? Since its an 07, I'm sure it's been reset before.

herbedout13 04-04-2010 12:47 PM

hey, their are about 54000 miles on it and yes actually I have reset it numerous times before..its rather easy...thats why I dont get it now and decided to make a post about it...I have also had three seperate tire/lube places try but cant seem to do it either...thanks for ur input

stylpntbil 04-04-2010 12:55 PM

hes right the only reason it would not reset is you are not doing it right unless your button for your trip reset is broken

and what warning light is on is it service a ?

herbedout13 04-04-2010 01:43 PM

It's on service A 12. I am sure I'm doing it 100% correct. Even the mechanics couldn't get it off.

KWayRacing 04-04-2010 02:47 PM

Are your headlights in the auto position? If so turn them off and then try.

kotomoto 04-04-2010 04:04 PM

make sure u r headlights are off
it's a security feature to prevent drivers from resetting the maintenance minder while drivin

MartelEnt 01-08-2016 03:16 PM

Did u figure this out yet??? I have the same problem with my 2010 Pilot....these morons keep telling us how to reset the oil percentage light!!! I've done that several times before. This wrench is on with negative mileage shown for overdue A service. Do I have to go to dealership??? Thanks.

poorman212 01-08-2016 03:44 PM

Wild shot....are you trying this with the drivers door closed?

MartelEnt 01-08-2016 03:52 PM

I think it finally worked!!!! Thanks!

poorman212 01-08-2016 04:45 PM

Wishing the best and hope all is well.

MartelEnt 01-08-2016 04:47 PM

Guess I'm the moron....sorry guys!!!

Alan Williams 05-20-2018 03:39 PM

I dont see that anyone actually answered the question, so: my 2010 Honda Accord oil life would not reset. I repeatedly attempted to follow the standard procedure posted here in and it did not work; the oil life simply flashed "service" with a negative number. I continued to turn on the ignition and then press and hold the reset light until it blinked approximately 20 times; I tried this several times (sometimes crank sometimes just the ignition) and eventually it reset to 100%

Robert Jones 07-10-2018 11:52 AM

I had the same issue. Beleive it or not, I changed the position of my lights from Auto to Off and then retried the sequence. It worked! Who would have "thunk" it!

dustychopper 05-16-2019 07:17 AM

I have a 2007 Honda Accord Hybrid. I bought it about a year ago and the oil life has always been in the negatives. I’ve tried everything. Took it to Honda and other places. I can’t figured it out. My car does not have automatic headlights. I can deal with it. But it’s annoying. It just flashes -9999 at me when I turn my car on.

Love_my_Honda 04-21-2020 06:44 AM

Thank you!!!! Left the driver door open and it FINALLY worked. I guess the repair shops/dealers don't like DIYers.

Bigred90 04-21-2020 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by dustychopper (Post 51932229)
I have a 2007 Honda Accord Hybrid. I bought it about a year ago and the oil life has always been in the negatives. I’ve tried everything. Took it to Honda and other places. I can’t figured it out. My car does not have automatic headlights. I can deal with it. But it’s annoying. It just flashes -9999 at me when I turn my car on.

ODY1 12-04-2021 07:38 AM

I’ve reset my reminders before with no problem. The only thing different this time was I waited until I was already in the negative before attempting. After finding this forum I tried a few things and not sure which actually worked. 1: I opened the drivers door and 2: since my lights were already in the off position and didn’t get any results, I switched them to auto. Then it finally reset.