Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Forced Induction (https://honda-tech.com/forums/forced-induction-16/)
-   -   Turbonetic deltagate mark2 wastegate spring???? (https://honda-tech.com/forums/forced-induction-16/turbonetic-deltagate-mark2-wastegate-spring-3322699/)

K20.ek 06-25-2018 08:12 AM

Turbonetic deltagate mark2 wastegate spring????

Does anyone know what springs will fit on this???? As of now it has a blue spring so it’ll hold 5-7psi (correct me if I’m wrong) but I’m looking for a 10-12psi spring so I can meet my 350-400 horsepower goals.

thanks

TheShodan 06-25-2018 08:58 AM

Re: Turbonetic deltagate mark2 wastegate spring????

You won't find it any. Those springs were very unique even then. Wow. Someone still kept one of those. I remember those bad boys from 1995. The BEST situation is to pony up and find a better new one, (or at least newer used). You can experiment with other springs if you want, but it's easier to just get a manual boost controller and call it a wrap. :shrug:

K20.ek 06-25-2018 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by TheShodan (Post 51668050)
You won't find it any. Those springs were very unique even then. Wow. Someone still kept one of those. I remember those bad boys from 1995. The BEST situation is to pony up and find a better new one, (or at least newer used). You can experiment with other springs if you want, but it's easier to just get a manual boost controller and call it a wrap. :shrug:

lol yea bro it’s old school. Will a manual boost controller help meet my goals??? I heard a boost controller can double the psi spring you use.

K20.ek 06-25-2018 10:45 AM

And what’s a good brand manual boost controller you guys use without any issues???

Txdragon 06-25-2018 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by K20.ek (Post 51668191)
And what’s a good brand manual boost controller you guys use without any issues???

Hallman Pro. Hands down. I am able to push 16 psi no problem, from an 8 psi spring. I'm very near 350whp myself on a pretty conservative tune. Provided your mods are in order, you should hit your mark.

TheShodan 06-25-2018 12:59 PM

Yes. Hallman pro is fine. On older gates like that, I wouldn't try to do double the spring rate. But you can easily add 4-7 psi easily. Please retune when you increase the pressure, or engine could go bye-bye.

K20.ek 06-25-2018 04:29 PM

Yea as of now that’s what I’m trying to do, is gather everything I need to tow it Jason waters for tuning so I can make my 350-400hp goal so that was why I was looking for a higher spring for this wastegate.

so I might end up getting a new wastegate either upgraded version of turbonetic or Tial... but would this controller help me reach my goal using the old turbonetic deltagate wastegate???

Autoworks 06-26-2018 04:32 AM

The delta gate (as said before) is old...oldest of old when it comes to gates from Turbonetics...but oddly enough the blue spring you say you have is the same spring rating of the blue spring found in the Evolution gate (which replaced the delta gate) 5psi.
You can use a MBC to achieve the pressure you want. The other solution being just replace the gate with something current and serviceable if needed ie Tial F38 (single spring pressure options ), Turbosmart (single spring pressure options), Turbonetics Evolution (3 springs from 5-9psi), or the PTE 39mm (which actually comes with a full spring set)...all use the same 2 bolt flange.

TheShodan 06-26-2018 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by K20.ek (Post 51668526)
.. but would this controller help me reach my goal using the old turbonetic deltagate wastegate???

I think this was answered already as a resounding ..YES.

K20.ek 06-26-2018 01:16 PM

Thanks guys for the help. I’ve been reading and watching videos on Hallman controller and it does sound like a really good quality brand and looks like I might go that ways but I found this used turbonetic wastegate I’m wondering if it’s a good deal or not let me know what you guys think.
It was used on a Buick.... but I don’t think that matters ( correct me if I’m wrong)

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F282776383726

TheShodan 06-26-2018 01:42 PM

No. Only go by the brands Go-Autoworks suggested.

K20.ek 06-26-2018 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by TheShodan (Post 51669539)
No. Only go by the brands Go-Autoworks suggested.

sweet!!! thanks for for all your help and others that put in their input. One more thing that I’m having problems with that I need help with. I’m running a log manifold and Ive been searching long and hard about how to fit my turbo downpipe, my downpipe hits my radiator fan shroud and previous owner had already melted the edge of shroud and has cut the downpipe right after the wideband sensor bung. I’ve got a 4 bolt flange to a v- band to connect to a new v- band downpipe, but I already know it’s not goin to fit since the old exhaust already is soooo freaking close to the radiator. So my question is there a piece where I can buy to straighten up the turbo??? Or do I have ghetto rig my radiator and move it more to passenger side ( which is my last resort if I have to go that way) I know the turbo suppose to be turned the other way. It I’ve tried and my turbo hits the radiator too because of the angle of it.

Autoworks 06-27-2018 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by K20.ek (Post 51669645)

sweet!!! thanks for for all your help and others that put in their input. One more thing that I’m having problems with that I need help with. I’m running a log manifold and Ive been searching long and hard about how to fit my turbo downpipe, my downpipe hits my radiator fan shroud and previous owner had already melted the edge of shroud and has cut the downpipe right after the wideband sensor bung. I’ve got a 4 bolt flange to a v- band to connect to a new v- band downpipe, but I already know it’s not goin to fit since the old exhaust already is soooo freaking close to the radiator. So my question is there a piece where I can buy to straighten up the turbo??? Or do I have ghetto rig my radiator and move it more to passenger side ( which is my last resort if I have to go that way) I know the turbo suppose to be turned the other way. It I’ve tried and my turbo hits the radiator too because of the angle of it.

Get rid of the vband adapter, make a proper tight radius, direct bolt, 4 bolt downpipe that clears the radiator (or get a T04B 5 bolt outlet turbo, flip the turbo around to tuck it in close to the block...then make[get made] a 5 bolt downpipe or 5 bolt to vband adapted downpipe assuming a/c isn't present)

K20.ek 07-03-2018 09:30 PM

hey guys been on vacation and update on exhaust is I’ll have to cut and reweld the flange on the downpipe to fit. I haven’t gotten around to that yet but I will soon mayb this weekend.

But ive ordered the Hallman Boost Controller and installed it near driver side strut tower. Very nice piece and good quality.

Question on my install- I disconnected the vacuum line from the top of the nipple on the wastegate and connected to the barb with no hole ( this vacuum line ran from the vacuum box next to the brake booster)and left the top of the wastegate nipple opened... And I have the barb with the little hole connected to my external wastegate fitting that says boost.... is this the right connection???

now ever since I installed it I have 3 engine code pop up 11, 14, 17. It only came on right after I connected the boost controller and sounds rough when I started it up. Before I hooked it up there were no engine light or rough running or anything... I haven’t disconnected the Hallman controller and try to reconnect everything back to where it was just to see if that was it (which I’m pretty positive I had no problems before the install)

so im wondering do I have everything connected the right way???? Is the barb with no hole need to be connected to intake manifold???

Autoworks 07-04-2018 03:37 AM

http://www.hallmanboostcontroller.co...tions%20ld.pdf

K20.ek 07-04-2018 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by Autoworks (Post 51675168)

thanks I have the instructions that came with it. I’ll try to runs the input to the intake manifold instead of the vacuum box and reset ecu.

TheShodan 07-04-2018 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by K20.ek (Post 51675231)

thanks I have the instructions that came with it. I’ll try to runs the input to the intake manifold instead of the vacuum box and reset ecu.

Was this ever tuned to the 10-12 psi you're trying to accomplish? What MAP sensor are you using? You're going to keep getting codes, of the sensor is stock

K20.ek 07-04-2018 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by TheShodan (Post 51675320)
Was this ever tuned to the 10-12 psi you're trying to accomplish? What MAP sensor are you using? You're going to keep getting codes, of the sensor is stock

the car is untuned with a basemap from phearable. it is newly rebuilt with forged internals. I wanted to hook the mbc so I don’t have to do it when Im at the dyno shop but Should I leave it off till I get to the dyno shop???

also I’m running Omni power 3bar but when I put the offset into Hondata it runs like sh*t so I selected Omni bar 4 on Hondata and it idles great no problems till I installed the Hallman Boost Controller.

TheShodan 07-04-2018 02:47 PM

You can connect it, but don't turn it up. keep it at zero for now. That's why you're getting codes. Using a 3Bar vs. 4bar is literally as different as a Pull-down menu in the Hondata software.
Don't turn it up. Keep it connected and leave it at zero. Wait for your break-in tune to complete w/ the basemap.

K20.ek 07-04-2018 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by TheShodan (Post 51675429)
You can connect it, but don't turn it up. keep it at zero for now. That's why you're getting codes. Using a 3Bar vs. 4bar is literally as different as a Pull-down menu in the Hondata software.
Don't turn it up. Keep it connected and leave it at zero. Wait for your break-in tune to complete w/ the basemap.

yea it’s at zero when I started it and threw codes. With it at zero will it still throw codes until I get it tuned? I just don’t won’t no problems when I take it dyno.

TheShodan 07-04-2018 05:59 PM

Go to the dyno. Get tuned.. right after break-in.

K20.ek 07-04-2018 07:36 PM

Ok thanks for the help. I’ll report back after I get it dyno