Notices

Turbonetic deltagate mark2 wastegate spring????

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2018, 08:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Turbonetic deltagate mark2 wastegate spring????

Does anyone know what springs will fit on this???? As of now it has a blue spring so it値l hold 5-7psi (correct me if I知 wrong) but I知 looking for a 10-12psi spring so I can meet my 350-400 horsepower goals.

thanks
Old 06-25-2018, 08:58 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: Turbonetic deltagate mark2 wastegate spring????

You won't find it any. Those springs were very unique even then. Wow. Someone still kept one of those. I remember those bad boys from 1995. The BEST situation is to pony up and find a better new one, (or at least newer used). You can experiment with other springs if you want, but it's easier to just get a manual boost controller and call it a wrap.
Old 06-25-2018, 09:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TheShodan
You won't find it any. Those springs were very unique even then. Wow. Someone still kept one of those. I remember those bad boys from 1995. The BEST situation is to pony up and find a better new one, (or at least newer used). You can experiment with other springs if you want, but it's easier to just get a manual boost controller and call it a wrap.

lol yea bro it痴 old school. Will a manual boost controller help meet my goals??? I heard a boost controller can double the psi spring you use.
Old 06-25-2018, 10:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

And what痴 a good brand manual boost controller you guys use without any issues???

Old 06-25-2018, 11:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 286 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by K20.ek
And what痴 a good brand manual boost controller you guys use without any issues???

Hallman Pro. Hands down. I am able to push 16 psi no problem, from an 8 psi spring. I'm very near 350whp myself on a pretty conservative tune. Provided your mods are in order, you should hit your mark.
Old 06-25-2018, 12:59 PM

Yes. Hallman pro is fine. On older gates like that, I wouldn't try to do double the spring rate. But you can easily add 4-7 psi easily. Please retune when you increase the pressure, or engine could go bye-bye.
Old 06-25-2018, 04:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yea as of now that痴 what I知 trying to do, is gather everything I need to tow it Jason waters for tuning so I can make my 350-400hp goal so that was why I was looking for a higher spring for this wastegate.

so I might end up getting a new wastegate either upgraded version of turbonetic or Tial... but would this controller help me reach my goal using the old turbonetic deltagate wastegate???
Old 06-26-2018, 04:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

The delta gate (as said before) is old...oldest of old when it comes to gates from Turbonetics...but oddly enough the blue spring you say you have is the same spring rating of the blue spring found in the Evolution gate (which replaced the delta gate) 5psi.
You can use a MBC to achieve the pressure you want. The other solution being just replace the gate with something current and serviceable if needed ie Tial F38 (single spring pressure options ), Turbosmart (single spring pressure options), Turbonetics Evolution (3 springs from 5-9psi), or the PTE 39mm (which actually comes with a full spring set)...all use the same 2 bolt flange.
Old 06-26-2018, 08:53 AM

.. but would this controller help me reach my goal using the old turbonetic deltagate wastegate???
I think this was answered already as a resounding ..YES.
Old 06-26-2018, 01:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks guys for the help. I致e been reading and watching videos on Hallman controller and it does sound like a really good quality brand and looks like I might go that ways but I found this used turbonetic wastegate I知 wondering if it痴 a good deal or not let me know what you guys think.
It was used on a Buick.... but I don稚 think that matters ( correct me if I知 wrong)

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F282776383726
Old 06-26-2018, 01:42 PM

No. Only go by the brands Go-Autoworks suggested.
Old 06-26-2018, 04:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

No. Only go by the brands Go-Autoworks suggested.

sweet!!! thanks for for all your help and others that put in their input. One more thing that I知 having problems with that I need help with. I知 running a log manifold and Ive been searching long and hard about how to fit my turbo downpipe, my downpipe hits my radiator fan shroud and previous owner had already melted the edge of shroud and has cut the downpipe right after the wideband sensor bung. I致e got a 4 bolt flange to a v- band to connect to a new v- band downpipe, but I already know it痴 not goin to fit since the old exhaust already is soooo freaking close to the radiator. So my question is there a piece where I can buy to straighten up the turbo??? Or do I have ghetto rig my radiator and move it more to passenger side ( which is my last resort if I have to go that way) I know the turbo suppose to be turned the other way. It I致e tried and my turbo hits the radiator too because of the angle of it.

Old 06-27-2018, 04:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

sweet!!! thanks for for all your help and others that put in their input. One more thing that I知 having problems with that I need help with. I知 running a log manifold and Ive been searching long and hard about how to fit my turbo downpipe, my downpipe hits my radiator fan shroud and previous owner had already melted the edge of shroud and has cut the downpipe right after the wideband sensor bung. I致e got a 4 bolt flange to a v- band to connect to a new v- band downpipe, but I already know it痴 not goin to fit since the old exhaust already is soooo freaking close to the radiator. So my question is there a piece where I can buy to straighten up the turbo??? Or do I have ghetto rig my radiator and move it more to passenger side ( which is my last resort if I have to go that way) I know the turbo suppose to be turned the other way. It I致e tried and my turbo hits the radiator too because of the angle of it.

Get rid of the vband adapter, make a proper tight radius, direct bolt, 4 bolt downpipe that clears the radiator (or get a T04B 5 bolt outlet turbo, flip the turbo around to tuck it in close to the block...then make[get made] a 5 bolt downpipe or 5 bolt to vband adapted downpipe assuming a/c isn't present)
Old 07-03-2018, 09:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hey guys been on vacation and update on exhaust is I値l have to cut and reweld the flange on the downpipe to fit. I haven稚 gotten around to that yet but I will soon mayb this weekend.

But ive ordered the Hallman Boost Controller and installed it near driver side strut tower. Very nice piece and good quality.

Question on my install- I disconnected the vacuum line from the top of the nipple on the wastegate and connected to the barb with no hole ( this vacuum line ran from the vacuum box next to the brake booster)and left the top of the wastegate nipple opened... And I have the barb with the little hole connected to my external wastegate fitting that says boost.... is this the right connection???

now ever since I installed it I have 3 engine code pop up 11, 14, 17. It only came on right after I connected the boost controller and sounds rough when I started it up. Before I hooked it up there were no engine light or rough running or anything... I haven稚 disconnected the Hallman controller and try to reconnect everything back to where it was just to see if that was it (which I知 pretty positive I had no problems before the install)

so im wondering do I have everything connected the right way???? Is the barb with no hole need to be connected to intake manifold???
Old 07-04-2018, 03:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

http://www.hallmanboostcontroller.co...tions%20ld.pdf
Old 07-04-2018, 06:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks I have the instructions that came with it. I値l try to runs the input to the intake manifold instead of the vacuum box and reset ecu.

Old 07-04-2018, 10:00 AM

thanks I have the instructions that came with it. I値l try to runs the input to the intake manifold instead of the vacuum box and reset ecu.

Was this ever tuned to the 10-12 psi you're trying to accomplish? What MAP sensor are you using? You're going to keep getting codes, of the sensor is stock
Old 07-04-2018, 12:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Was this ever tuned to the 10-12 psi you're trying to accomplish? What MAP sensor are you using? You're going to keep getting codes, of the sensor is stock

the car is untuned with a basemap from phearable. it is newly rebuilt with forged internals. I wanted to hook the mbc so I don稚 have to do it when Im at the dyno shop but Should I leave it off till I get to the dyno shop???

also I知 running Omni power 3bar but when I put the offset into Hondata it runs like sh*t so I selected Omni bar 4 on Hondata and it idles great no problems till I installed the Hallman Boost Controller.
Old 07-04-2018, 02:47 PM

You can connect it, but don't turn it up. keep it at zero for now. That's why you're getting codes. Using a 3Bar vs. 4bar is literally as different as a Pull-down menu in the Hondata software.
Don't turn it up. Keep it connected and leave it at zero. Wait for your break-in tune to complete w/ the basemap.
Old 07-04-2018, 03:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You can connect it, but don't turn it up. keep it at zero for now. That's why you're getting codes. Using a 3Bar vs. 4bar is literally as different as a Pull-down menu in the Hondata software.
Don't turn it up. Keep it connected and leave it at zero. Wait for your break-in tune to complete w/ the basemap.

yea it痴 at zero when I started it and threw codes. With it at zero will it still throw codes until I get it tuned? I just don稚 won稚 no problems when I take it dyno.
Old 07-04-2018, 05:59 PM

Go to the dyno. Get tuned.. right after break-in.
Old 07-04-2018, 07:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok thanks for the help. I値l report back after I get it dyno