Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Forced Induction (https://honda-tech.com/forums/forced-induction-16/)
-   -   Those of you using Viren's(b18bturbo) injectors, how did you get them to fit? (https://honda-tech.com/forums/forced-induction-16/those-you-using-virens-b18bturbo-injectors-how-did-you-get-them-fit-600867/)

5thgencivic 08-24-2003 09:53 PM

Re: (project dc2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by project dc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">anyone know the part # for CPR 440's </TD></TR></TABLE>

I was wondering too. Mine have 0863 on the backside, and 01D030B on the side.

BodyKits NW 08-24-2003 10:50 PM

Re: (5thgencivic)

I'm not sure why you guys are having problems with these injectors. There is no reason to be getting RC's. I got mine to fit without any problems. I even called up Precision to verify that mine were 880's. NO problem! 880's is what I got!

Arturbo 08-24-2003 11:00 PM

Re: (BodyKits NW)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BodyKits NW &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm not sure why you guys are having problems with these injectors. There is no reason to be getting RC's. I got mine to fit without any problems. I even called up Precision to verify that mine were 880's. NO problem! 880's is what I got! </TD></TR></TABLE>
Because you got the precision ones from him. People are having problems with the CPR he was selling. I installed a turbo kit this weekend with hondata. Got around to install the injectors and they didnt fit. https://honda-tech.com/forums/images...s/emthdown.gif

BodyKits NW 08-24-2003 11:42 PM

Re: (Arturbo)

Well that sux. I thought they basically were the same injectors. I thought the CPR's were also machined to fit. The only problem I had with CPR was with their CPR converter harness. I had to modify mine to fit. After talking to them they modified them so they can fit better. I never got a replacement set, just don't have time to wait for them. They were not even close to direct fit, but after a little modification they fit pretty well. Like I said after talking to them over the phone they said they fixed the problem. CPR was really good on the phone so if Viren can't help you, then you should talk to CPR directly. They wanna know if there are problems.

TurboJesse 08-25-2003 01:44 AM

Re: (BodyKits NW)

While its kinda bullshit that he said they fit and they don't, its really not a big problem. about 15mins worth of work and i was set.

oscarmayer 08-25-2003 03:05 AM

Re: (Mpir3)

have you tried putting O rings onthe fuel rail side of the injectors. Fromt he picture you haev no oring on that side and yes it will not seal properly. You do not have to have a oring on the bottom side of the injector. Yuo can use the stock seals and the injector will seal agaist them w/o issues. Yuo have to have orings on the top where they go into the fuel rail. Also use some light silicone spray to help slip the orings into the holes that way you don't tear them when you install them into the fuel rail.

FYI, those are MSD injectors from the looks and they shoudl work w/o any issues. Yuo just need to know how to isntall them correctly.

Pfieff 08-25-2003 03:57 AM

I think its just bullshit, I bought the injectors figuring that they were plug and play being "machined for hondas" and get all the way through my turbo install to find out I have to order another set of injectors cuz the CPR's don't fit. So instead of a 2 day down time, now I have to wait for the other injectors to come in.

int3gra 08-25-2003 06:31 AM

Re: (oscarmayer)

i will try that oscarmayer.

on the zip lock bag they came in it says 780cc CPR with a magic marker.

and on the injector itself it says 3203 17113742
and there is a symbol by the clip that looks like "RP"

Smashback 08-25-2003 06:46 AM

Re: (Rain_man)

The o-rings will always tear if not lubricated. Use some kind of grease when installing the o-ring side into the fuel rail. My RC's were tight as hell but I turned them in there with some white lithium grease.

01ITR#700 08-25-2003 06:53 AM

Re: (PseudoSilvia)

Well FWIW, my 780cc CPR's from Viren fit Perfectly in my stock ITR fuel rail and Intake manifold. My buddy installed them in literally a few minutes with zero problems or issues. My car is now tuned via hondata and those injectors are working flawlessly.
But the little CPR injector harnesses was a different story, they would not plug onto the injector, I had to end up hacking them and using just one side to hardwire the injectors.
Mark

downpipe 08-25-2003 08:34 AM

i bought the #72 siemen-deka injectors from viren. with those i needed to take off the supplied o-rings and use factory honda o-rings. i also trimmed that extra plastic crap on the top with a dremel so they would seat deeper into the fuel rail. i think i wound up using longer studs for the fuel rail and spacers as well to get them to sit right, but they aren't leaking so far.

Arturbo 08-25-2003 09:12 AM

Re: (downpipe)

I used factory o-rings and it worked. https://honda-tech.com/forums/images...s/emhammer.gif On me.

Pfieff 08-25-2003 09:45 AM

I'm having the problems with them fitting in the intake manifold, not the fuel rail.

TurboJesse 08-25-2003 11:36 AM

Re: (Pfieffdog)

Pfieff, If you can find someone that has a grinder i can take care of that in about 5 mins for you. I had to do the same thing with mine and it works fine. Theres very few thigns that are actually plug and play with turbo honda's, The CPR injectors require very little modification to work, nothing compared to other things https://honda-tech.com/forums/images/smilies/emthup.gif

Bnjmn 08-25-2003 12:39 PM

Show us what you had to grind.......

int3gra 08-25-2003 12:59 PM

Re: (Bnjmn)

i think u can see the grinded part in my pics, sorry they are a little blurry.
the part that goes into the rail.

TurboJesse 08-25-2003 01:26 PM

Re: (int3gra)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by int3gra &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i think u can see the grinded part in my pics, sorry they are a little blurry.
the part that goes into the rail.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The part that didn't fit with the injectors for me was the part that goes into the intake manifold, all i had to do for the fuel rail was swap o-rings.

oscarmayer 08-26-2003 07:05 AM

Re: (Pfieffdog)

that's because they do NOT go inside the stock ring int he intake side. They sit against them to seal up. They only go inside the fuel rail with orings. Again they only rest on the intake oring not go inside..