Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   All Motor / Naturally Aspirated (https://honda-tech.com/forums/all-motor-naturally-aspirated-44/)
-   -   TLC- Trick Lightweight Crankshaft...ultimate BLING BLING that PERFORMS!! (https://honda-tech.com/forums/all-motor-naturally-aspirated-44/tlc-trick-lightweight-crankshaft-ultimate-bling-bling-performs-1435749/)

PocketRockets Racing 11-16-2005 05:04 PM

Re: (Ed's Racing Heads)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ed’s Racing Heads &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I didn't feel like being negative after I posted.I seemed to be the only one bringing it up,so....</TD></TR></TABLE>

I did see the post....there are many ways to design items.
I have very specific reasons for why I chose to do these cranks this way, and it has nothing to do with economics.

I do have other designs for super ultralight versions....with titanium rods and lightweight pistons, this becomes feasible.

Fkned 11-16-2005 05:09 PM

Re: (PocketRockets Racing)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PocketRockets Racing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I did see the post....there are many ways to design items.
I have very specific reasons for why I chose to do these cranks this way, and it has nothing to do with economics.

I do have other designs for super ultralight versions....with titanium rods and lightweight pistons, this becomes feasible.</TD></TR></TABLE>I agree,I felt it was a minor thing so I decided to delete it before anybody made a big deal about it.You do good work from the posts I've seen here and I didn't want to get into a problem over such a small detail. https://honda-tech.com/forums/images...es/emsmile.gif

SilverPanda 11-16-2005 05:18 PM

Re: TLC- Trick Lightweight Crankshaft...ultimate BLING BLING that PERFORMS!! (PocketRockets Racing)

so how much?

Used2beAb16 11-16-2005 05:28 PM

Re: TLC- Trick Lightweight Crankshaft...ultimate BLING BLING that PERFORMS!! (vtech22)

what is this small detail? will someone pm me? I am very impressed with the work that this place has done and i am not intent in bashing anyone. You guys are awesome.

I am just trying to learn and the topic being secretly discussed seems to be an issue that i am totally ignorant of.

rhd 11-16-2005 05:33 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PocketRockets Racing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I did see the post....there are many ways to design items.

I do have other designs for super ultralight versions....with titanium rods and lightweight pistons, this becomes feasible.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i'm glad you saw it...i was wondering the answer to it https://honda-tech.com/forums/images/smilies/emthup.gif

1700anddroping 11-16-2005 06:18 PM

Re: TLC- Trick Lightweight Crankshaft...ultimate BLING BLING that PERFORMS!! (PocketRockets Racing)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PocketRockets Racing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I do not bother with the factory pre 1999 h23 crank from the h23a engine.....its weaknesses have proven to be not so good a candidate.
Some of the JDM H23A vtec 1999-2001 cranks I believe are as robust as the h22 cranks.
I believe those can be brought in from Japan at around $700 each,new.
that is the crank to use for a stroker H series, offsetting to 98mm.
Billet cranks being the most expensive other option, obviously.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

not h23......F23

PocketRockets Racing 11-16-2005 06:37 PM

Modified by PocketRockets Racing at 10:54 PM 11/16/2005

PocketRockets Racing 11-16-2005 06:43 PM

Re: (xEnderx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by xEnderx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Very nice looking. Care to go into detail on why there is additional machining on the oil galley holes?</TD></TR></TABLE>

seems to be a few trying to figure this out

PocketRockets Racing 11-16-2005 06:46 PM

Re: (92hondalude)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 92hondalude &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i would like to add this. the reason why i am build a all motor h22 is because of the videos i saw for your h22 or should i say h27.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1421212 (my build thread)

I know mine will never be no where near as good as yours but hopefully it will be a car motor to drive. so far it has been fun just building it https://honda-tech.com/forums/images/smilies/emthup.gif

thank you frank for inspiring me</TD></TR></TABLE>

15 huh? awesome!.....I remember those days.......back then when i was that age, cops were nicer and the world was different.....lol ......I got stopped when I was 14, driving without doors or hood.........lol...........just got sent home and was told not to do that again....lol.....that would not happen like that nowadays.

no one will ever take away from you what you will learn playing with cars.
its about having fun, hobby, tinkering, meeting people, making friends, making things go faster....stop better, turn better, blah blah blah.......that is the essence that makes us car crazy....lol

PocketRockets Racing 11-16-2005 06:49 PM

Re: TLC- Trick Lightweight Crankshaft...ultimate BLING BLING that PERFORMS!! (StyleTEG)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by StyleTEG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">looks very nice.

Any reason you didn't remove material from the whole counterweights vs just the edges?

Seems the rough texture would incourage oil sticking to it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

rough texture? its smoother than the finest waxed paint finish!
the other areas are factory forging skin.....I am not concerned as much with these area's.

Modified by PocketRockets Racing at 11:20 PM 11/16/2005

PocketRockets Racing 11-16-2005 06:53 PM

Re: (rhd)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rhd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">haha.....maybe i'll get tired of it sometime....and get some points back

so..back to the crank....

is similar prep offered on other cranks, or are you JUST h-series?</TD></TR></TABLE>

We do other cranks......which one?

PocketRockets Racing 11-16-2005 07:30 PM

Re: (Rocket)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rocket &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I am waiting to see a certain comment from the elite engine builders about a certain thing that was done here.</TD></TR></TABLE>

not into forced wrist pin oiling yet?.....you gentlemen need to get up to speed.......lol

I kinda show up outta nowhere with my intersting pieces/engines huh? LOL......I got another engine coming real soon that raise eyebrows.......we'll strap this baby up on a dynojet to please all the haters.....oh yeah, that won't work anyways, they always find a way to push around their smack.
we'll do the dynojet anyways and the mustang again.

why is it my street motors are more radical than most race engines? lol

therealpoorboy 11-16-2005 07:54 PM

then why is it the canadian all motor record is still in the 10.60's?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PocketRockets Racing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
why is it my street motors are more radical than most race engines? lol
</TD></TR></TABLE>

PocketRockets Racing 11-16-2005 08:19 PM

Re: (therealpoorboy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by therealpoorboy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">then why is it the canadian all motor record is still in the 10.60's?

</TD></TR></TABLE>
Cause I don't drag race.
How the hell did Canada come into this?
your not impressing me.
I already layed out the formula for the highest HP/TQ allmotor engine formula a couple months back....using either F, K or H series cores.

ShaunRR 11-16-2005 08:32 PM

why is it my street motors are more radical than most race engines? lol</TD></TR></TABLE>

It always makes things more interesting when you have limitations to try and work your way around https://honda-tech.com/forums/images/smilies/emthup.gif

rhd 11-16-2005 08:40 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PocketRockets Racing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">We do other cranks......which one?</TD></TR></TABLE>

i was actually just asking in general....

what all other cranks do you offer work for?

I'm sure some of the b-series guys would like a publicly offered offset grind crank instead of going crower/scat/eagle sometimes

rhd 11-16-2005 08:41 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PocketRockets Racing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I already layed out the formula for the highest HP/TQ allmotor engine formula a couple months back....using either F, K or H series cores.</TD></TR></TABLE>

that's kind of a bold statement without proof backing it up...isn't it?

PocketRockets Racing 11-16-2005 09:02 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rhd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

that's kind of a bold statement without proof backing it up...isn't it?</TD></TR></TABLE>

you must of missed the post.
Its gotta be one of the most complicated builds ever put out using a stock honda block......I layed out the geometry to do a drag race version of the engine.
.need large displacement matched with high RPM....2599cc using a 95.6mm stroke......11,000 +rpm engine.........I have not seen anything close to that, including all the big "honda builders" on the planet, Toda, Mugen, so on so forth.....endless tricks can be had, but I sure aint going to post them here.

Keep in mind, I am not into drag racing personally........
so,......... if I produce an allmotor engine that produces 350-400 whp, are you saying someone will buy the engine off of me? even if I had endless irrefutable proof? I highly doubt it....you think a "race " team would buy the engine? lol.....nah....I highly doubt it, I don't think so.

I might get "offers" on the engine, but no one has the money to pay for the real costs of building these engines......not enough money in the system yet.
Nascar teams on the other hand will pay $50,000 to get another 3 cfm out of a head....different stage of development.

I sense a flame war.....lol

Modified by PocketRockets Racing at 1:13 AM 11/17/2005

realfasthonda 11-16-2005 09:18 PM

So since ur not going to post a est price on your work can you atleast tell us if it will be cheeper and better than buying a aftermarket crank? Id hope so...

rhd 11-16-2005 09:26 PM

so you've never built a drag engine....
and you've never gotten PROOF that you make the most power
and you've got no proof that your engines are " the most complicated builds ever put out using a stock honda block"

not to be a dick (like i usually am) but.....i think you might be just a bit big headed about this to not have proof to back it up.

i'm not dissing your builds....you had a decent thread, and the engine looks pretty good.....but, as far as the baddest honda engine ever built.........dont think i'd step that far

PocketRockets Racing 11-16-2005 09:31 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rhd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i was actually just asking in general....

what all other cranks do you offer work for?

I'm sure some of the b-series guys would like a publicly offered offset grind crank instead of going crower/scat/eagle sometimes</TD></TR></TABLE>

I am not here to compete against Eagle, scat cheap cranks.
We take existing Cranks and make them better, or we make billet cranks.
Crower is not even going to offer a K series forging cause Eagle will flood the market with cheap sweat shop cranks.
If your thinking this to be a replacement for an "aftermarket crank" then your missing the point. if an aftermarket crank such as Crower has already been knife-edged, then less weight can off of it.
This is more geared towards the high end street and race customers, who want to run different bearings/ stroke or destroke, lighten, toughen cranks, make small but significant modifications............the s2000 crank would be a good candidate, the K series cranks, H series cranks....I think if you are in the market for an eagle crank and then want to do somehting like this, you might as well just get a billet crank from the getgo.

the stuff we make is custom low volume items,high quality, very accurate modifications, be it on cranks, injection specialyt components, manifolds, sleeved blocks, heads, wheels, chassis components, so on so forth. Eagle and companies like that cannot produce this, they are into the mass market.

The chinese don't innovate, they simply copy and sell at 30% of the going rate.

PocketRockets Racing 11-16-2005 09:36 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rhd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so you've never built a drag engine....
and you've never gotten PROOF that you make the most power
and you've got no proof that your engines are " the most complicated builds ever put out using a stock honda block"

not to be a dick (like i usually am) but.....i think you might be just a bit big headed about this to not have proof to back it up.

i'm not dissing your builds....you had a decent thread, and the engine looks pretty good.....but, as far as the baddest honda engine ever built.........dont think i'd step that far</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah, your being a dick and just arguing.
you can call me big headed if you want, most opinions are contrary.....it doesn't matter.
either contribute in some meanful way or get out of this thread.

Modified by PocketRockets Racing at 7:49 AM 11/17/2005

DCFIVER 11-16-2005 10:19 PM

yeah, your being a dick and just arguing.
you can call me big headed if you want, most opinions are contraryt.....it doesn't matter.
either contribute in some meanful way or get out of this thread.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I dont know if he's being a dick. Seems like he just wants to see some substance. I can part the sea with a wave of my hand ,but unless you pay me big buck$$ I aint gonna do it....get it.

Cherchez La Ghost 11-17-2005 01:06 AM

Re: (realfasthonda)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by realfasthonda &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So since ur not going to post a est price on your work can you atleast tell us if it will be cheeper and better than buying a aftermarket crank? Id hope so...</TD></TR></TABLE>

https://honda-tech.com/forums/images/smilies/emthup.gif

You've been avioding the cost questions all thread. Is there a particular reason for that?

PocketRockets Racing 11-17-2005 04:57 AM

I am sure RHD is a nice person, "dick" being used in passing to make a point, he called on it.
I am not here to offend people.
I am driven by the essence of having fun with cars. I have had that since I was 14 and it is not diminishing.
point is there is more than "drag racing" in the world.
The reason why all this "where is the proof" happens is because there are entirely too many people who talk first and make claims and never deliver.....people who have a clear track record of BS.
I am not one of those people.....I do not have a clear track record of BS...researching this is issue will reveal that I am quite consistent and predictable...which results in "worthy of trust".....I do not believe a big headed person can achieve this.
I guess when I person with a significant amount of truthfulness shows up, it stirs things up a bit.
I am a pretty quiet guy, but I do ave confidence and courage.
I "earn" the respect I have. Nothing has been given to me.
I didn't talk previously about doing a lightweight crank and offering it to others, I just did it.......and I did it for me, if its good enough for me, my essence, my thinking, my principles, my standards, my consitentcy, my performance goals, then if it passses the tests to be worthy to offer to the market, some tiems I offer to the market and some I don't.
If its not good enough for me, its not leaving this shop. period.

Yes, I am definitely unconventional. The Market needs a few of those people .
I drive on the streets with a 3 plate carbon/carbon clutch. Thats not for everyone.
Some shaking in first gear with the absence of springs. but it fits within a stock honda transmission casing. No one has done this...that I know of.....good for 1250 ft lbs of torque.....the point is not the max torque, its a workable,very lightweight, one of the lowest inertia and longest lasting clutch produced anywhere, they hotter it gets, the more you beat on it the more it works.......the nature of carbon/carbon.

I am a small shop, and have done significant research and development in the last few years. I am ,relatively speaking, unnkown. Just because I am not on the cover of "Honda Tuning", does not mean stuff isn't happening.

Seems the market can only handle so much shock at a time. I made a small post on HT some 18 months ago about an H30, and people were stunned and called BS on it......so people can say anything,in the absence of knowing whats really happening...at no cost to them.
I showed up, "out of the blue" it seems a couple months back with the H27.
Did you not read the thread on the H27? if you are reading this thread, I find it hard to believe you missed the H27? How much more proof do you need?
Do you realize the complexity yet simpleness if the H27?
92mm bore....
no one else on the planet has done this in a stock honda block, and made it work.
name me one person company than has produced this?
name me one person /company than can produce a 93 mm bore by 95 mm stroke engine within a stock honda 4 cylinder block? and make it run, and run great , NOW with no significant issue's?

The offset boring and cylinder wall thicknesses are designed for a small amount of boost 6-8 psi........92 mm bore.
for a "drag racing" I would think a 2599cc engine on a high RPM 95mm stroke, based either on a K F or H with a 350 cfm head would deifinitely be competitive, correct?
I have the H27 sitting here, it is awaiting delivery in January. Customer has signed all non-disclosure and confidentiality documents and has decided to buy all the fuel injection system, fuel and ignition maps, so on so forth. the engine is ready to race. The whole induction system was not in the cards a couple months ago.

I have another offset sleeved 92-93+mm bore blockand pistons in stock ready to go, just have to choose the stroke.
I am not going to build it on speculation!