Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   All Motor / Naturally Aspirated (https://honda-tech.com/forums/all-motor-naturally-aspirated-44/)
-   -   Lsvtec all motor (https://honda-tech.com/forums/all-motor-naturally-aspirated-44/lsvtec-all-motor-3193123/)

LsVtecEj1Milano 02-10-2014 07:19 AM

Re: Lsvtec all motor

eathier gunna run e85 or 93 but more then likely e85 ,

ej1b18c1 02-10-2014 09:19 AM

Wonder what dyno he's getting numbers from.. but 250whp on your 1.8 build part list isn't going to happen especially with that compression.

Not doubting the tuners ability to "tune" but let's be realistic. OP if your goal is 250whp why not sleeve a b20 to get more displacement? Even then your number will not come easy.

ej1b18c1 02-10-2014 09:28 AM

Got off topic,

OP, why not ask your tuner what the best VT is for your set-up?

93egSLEEPER 02-10-2014 09:48 AM

I'm sitting here scratching my head...
If this 1.8 w/ 11.6:1 CR makes 250whp as his tuner is saying then I'll ship my 12.2:1CR B20V over for a 300whp tune. Maybe on Church's dyno? And run a mid 13? :P
Did you guys speak on the phone? Cause I can see where you may have heard 250 instead of 215...they sound similar.

n*werk 02-10-2014 11:18 AM

I know for a fact that your build isn't going to make 250whp. I am sure that many people who been tuning cars can tell you that your not going to make 250whp. With the list you provide us, doesn't look like a 250whp setup. You gonna need a better intake manifold, what headers are you using? there a lot more to it then you think. To answer the Op question, if you go with the Pro3 then go to the skunk2 website and it should tell you the recommended valve spring and retainer needed. If you decide to go with DDtech Reaper, shoot him a pm and he should be able to guide you with the right spring and retainers for his cams. Gluck with your goals but learn from it.

spoolinvtec54 02-10-2014 11:41 AM

Here my build an I might make around 260hp
84x89 dart on sleeved 14.1cr
B16 head ported an polished
Dd tech Reaper cams
Skunk 2 ultra intake manifold 3.5l
Skunk2 90mm throttle body
Vp m5 race gas.

spoolinvtec54 02-10-2014 11:42 AM

Ur not gonna come get 250hp with setup.

vtecmasta85 02-10-2014 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by whitesihatch (Post 49506830)

have

My spring pressure is at 55 and I'm revving to 9300 rpms. Couple of mis-shifts here and there too. A lower spring pressure will have longevity/durability given that its designed to be like that (RM springs)

DDTECH 02-14-2014 01:55 PM

If you're tuner is mikey, please, listen to him, Mikey's a good friend and has been in the business and knows what works, and what doesn't.

My spring comment in the other thread was from my testing, on my own car. My version 1 reapers which is what i have in my car currently are only a tad bit bigger then the pro3's, at the time i didn't feel the need to change the VT but i've personally measured retainer height and seat pressure and its only averaging 60-62lbs at the seat, which for majority of the camshafts on the market, are fine. I wouldn't see why they couldn't handle their own cams. Keep in mind this was my own personal testing and no way a stab at skunk2 or anything of that nature.

Dropping valves can be contributed by alot of things, Valve floating can cause it, which would be equal to weak spring pressure, you could also have the wrong install height, p2v issues, improper installation, the list is huge..

Mis-shifts aren't anything to be proud of, i've seen spring pressures with more fail, i've seen spring pressures with less fail.

I also firmly believe, that this is the customer, getting ahead of himself and just really shooting high, mikey's a great tuner and will take care of you every step of the way. You can also ask him about my camshafts, and he'll also inform you.