Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Acura Integra (https://honda-tech.com/forums/acura-integra-6/)
-   -   Low voltage 98 kswap batt relocate. (https://honda-tech.com/forums/acura-integra-6/low-voltage-98-kswap-batt-relocate-3341174/)

tony_2018 10-07-2019 10:55 AM

Re: Low voltage 98 kswap batt relocate.

fuckin christ, I'm following @spAdam and creating my own shit....

glad you finally got it fixed. hope you enjoy the ride more than this particular downtime.

spAdam 10-07-2019 04:50 PM

Doooo it. Lol jury is out until mine works. Could be a nightmare if my ocd has not paid off. Seriously though, seems like a lot of these pre made harnesses have issues. What’s up with that?

tamboo 10-08-2019 05:18 PM

was it made in china?
gates, moog, and now snap-on are all made from the finest chineseum.
i'm a huge denso fan but just bought one of their wiper blades and it's
a flippin disaster. no wipers would be safer!

maxwellmercer 10-09-2019 07:37 AM

That's a tricky one, glad you got it solved. I've never had an 'aftermarket' harness before until last season. I went with Chandler Autosport, super nice guy and did some extra things to make my life easier. Haven't had a single issue.

tony_2018 10-09-2019 10:13 AM

Think OP said he went with rywire, might have to skim the 1st page.

maxwellmercer 10-09-2019 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by tony_2018 (Post 52026089)
Think OP said he went with rywire, might have to skim the 1st page.

KTuned.

tony_2018 10-09-2019 01:07 PM

ooouch

B_Swapped93 10-09-2019 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by tamboo (Post 52025610)
was it made in china?
gates, moog, and now snap-on are all made from the finest chineseum.
i'm a huge denso fan but just bought one of their wiper blades and it's
a flippin disaster. no wipers would be safer!

Made right here in Vaughn, Ontario(part of the GTA), the harness uses non-copper 20-GA wire and is heat shrunk and has some sort of special outer sleeve to resist chemicals and heat etc.

Originally Posted by maxwellmercer (Post 52025896)
That's a tricky one, glad you got it solved. I've never had an 'aftermarket' harness before until last season. I went with Chandler Autosport, super nice guy and did some extra things to make my life easier. Haven't had a single issue.

Yah, it was crazy, was convinced the issue was in the chassis. The issue had other affects, the main one was my car being tuned on low voltage so it ran like shit when the car did manage to produce 14v, along with a physically new alternator and seeking help to fix the issue. Ktuned gave me a brand new harness with the 2 extra options they offer, which is technically a step up. Had to transfer my ID(EV-14) plugs again, but going to test this new one tomorrow night.

Originally Posted by tony_2018 (Post 52026307)
ooouch

They gave me a brand new one on Monday, didn't try to fight me.. helps that they're 15 mins from OGX and my parts shop.

wunfstgsr 10-09-2019 05:54 PM

Could of been a random fluke I'm sure the new one will work just fine, its what they do all day! make harnesses you just may have got lucky with a sour one.

tony_2018 10-09-2019 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by B_Swapped93 (Post 52026449)
Made right here in Vaughn, Ontario(part of the GTA), the harness uses non-copper 20-GA wire and is heat shrunk and has some sort of special outer sleeve to resist chemicals and heat etc.

Yah, it was crazy, was convinced the issue was in the chassis. The issue had other affects, the main one was my car being tuned on low voltage so it ran like shit when the car did manage to produce 14v, along with a physically new alternator and seeking help to fix the issue. Ktuned gave me a brand new harness with the 2 extra options they offer, which is technically a step up. Had to transfer my ID(EV-14) plugs again, but going to test this new one tomorrow night.

They gave me a brand new one on Monday, didn't try to fight me.. helps that they're 15 mins from OGX and my parts shop.

Good shit.

tekcajwolley 11-05-2019 02:34 AM

You might read the article from Hondata:
https://www.hondata.com/tech-k20-swap-grounds

B_Swapped93 11-05-2019 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by tekcajwolley (Post 52043456)
You might read the article from Hondata:
https://www.hondata.com/tech-k20-swap-grounds

Appreciate it, but it was a physical BREAK inside the brand new Ktuned harness! the wire that powers the voltage regulator was broken inside the loom. we had to sift through many diagrams and tested for power off the various plugs in the harness that run off the junction box and should see 12v at all times when the key is in (II). Ktuned gave me the harness with all the options they have have for it, tho still didn't cover the ruined tune and $600+ in just transporting the car and buying a new alternator etc. This whole issue costed me over $1200 when you count ll the residual affects.