Notices
Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension Wheel, Tire, Brake and Suspension Parts (Wheels, Tires, Coilovers, Lug Nuts, Camber Kits, Rim/Tire Tools)

RACINGBRAKE EDP Coated Rotors!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2004, 09:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: RACINGBRAKE EDP Coated Rotors! (codenamezero)

ttt
Old 11-16-2004, 08:52 AM

I can't get the 11" rotors from Racingbrake, but I CAN get them from another vendor of mine!

We can get 11.1" rotors with a 64mm center bore for Integras and EX civics, or in 61mm for all other civics! Similar technology is used in making these rotors as the Racingbrake ones. Engineered alloys and EDP coating makes them superior to everything else out there!

These rotors have the 4x100 bolt pattern manufactured in! These are not redrills they are specific rotors for this application!

Retail on these rotors is $132 each. Through a special deal on here, we can do $124 shipped each.

The rotors are drilled and slotted, just like the HP rotors sold by Racingbrake.

Contact me by phone, email, IM to order!
Old 11-16-2004, 09:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: RACINGBRAKE EDP Coated Rotors! (MrHeeltoe)

what is the cheapest 4x100 11.1" rotor you can get? no super everything, just regular rotor (not redrill) that is 4x100...

i only need brembo blank quality hehe... (they cost me about 120$ for a SET of rotors!)
Old 11-16-2004, 05:34 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by codenamezero &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what is the cheapest 4x100 11.1" rotor you can get? no super everything, just regular rotor (not redrill) that is 4x100...

i only need brembo blank quality hehe... (they cost me about 120$ for a SET of rotors!)</TD></TR></TABLE>

That is a different thread for individuals NOT seeking the sickest OEM replacement rotors ever made, or something that is NOT TOTALLY CUSTOM. Apparently you are not aware of the cost/effort/volume that goes into castings. What you are asking, 11.1" rotor in 4x100, is not standard on any car and is therefore custom. To get one that is not a redrill, there is a higher cost involved.

Go buy some brembos and get a drill press. And good luck.

Old 11-16-2004, 05:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: RACINGBRAKE EDP Coated Rotors! (Airbag Club)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Airbag Club &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i need the EXACT same thing as "Mikes01GSR." Let me also know when you find out the information. Thanks. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Me too!!
Old 11-17-2004, 07:05 AM

Default Re: RACINGBRAKE EDP Coated Rotors! (slooogsr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slooogsr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Me too!! </TD></TR></TABLE>

I updated the post with the new information.
Old 11-17-2004, 08:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MrHeeltoe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I can't get the 11" rotors from Racingbrake, but I CAN get them from another vendor of mine!

We can get 11.1" rotors with a 64mm center bore for Integras and EX civics, or in 61mm for all other civics! Similar technology is used in making these rotors as the Racingbrake ones. Engineered alloys and EDP coating makes them superior to everything else out there!

These rotors have the 4x100 bolt pattern manufactured in! These are not redrills they are specific rotors for this application!

Retail on these rotors is $132 each. Through a special deal on here, we can do $124 shipped each.

The rotors are drilled and slotted, just like the HP rotors sold by Racingbrake.

Contact me by phone, email, IM to order!</TD></TR></TABLE>

what is the thickness of these rotors? how many millimeters? might be interested in the 64mm bore.
Old 11-17-2004, 09:41 AM

23mm thick bro
Old 11-19-2004, 02:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

aww man, that won't work.. i am going to need 28mm rotors. thanks anyways..
Old 11-19-2004, 08:31 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Do the 11.1" 4x100 rotors come w/o that drilled/slotted bullshit? If so, I'd be extremely interested!
Old 11-19-2004, 09:05 PM

Default Re: RACINGBRAKE EDP Coated Rotors! (JDMDA9)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMDA9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Do the 11.1" 4x100 rotors come w/o that drilled/slotted bullshit? If so, I'd be extremely interested!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, they are drilled and slotted, but......Bullshit?

Ok here is my take on this issue.

Slots are good for keeping the rotors clean. Undisputable. They do.

Cross drills are helpful with cooling. They do, as a matter of fact.

They both, in lesser rotors, will increase the likelyhood of cracking. Also, in lesser rotors, rust will exist in the holes and slots, making a rather ugly appearance. Racingbrake applies the same black EDP coating to the holes and slots as they do to the hats and outer ring. No rust!

With these rotors, where the alloy used is custom smelted so as to create rotor that high highly resistant to these drawbacks.

In the past, I have been opposed to cross drilling....and my thoughts changed as soon as I started talking to Racingbrake. Whether or not you choose to believe in the facts behind rotor technology is up to you. Drills and slots add to the performance of the braking systems....no bullshit. I am not sure what you motive behind being "anti-drills/slots." If it is anything like my former opinion you can rest assured this issue is solved with Racingbrake. If you just don't like the looks of it, well, you are not really interested in performance that much, and this may not be the product for you.

Marcus
Old 11-19-2004, 09:28 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Well, based upon my experience with my Wilwood rotors, which were not so much drilled but had the slots and holes cast in the steel, I can conclude that they are mostly for looks and marketing. Now that I have switched to the plain Wilwood rotors, my outer rotor temps were consistent (measured with pyrometer, temps never got over 500* when measured) with the old appearence rotors, noise has been greatly reduced and pad wear/dusting has also been significantly slowed. Also, the pad "rutting" on the rotors I was getting from the slots and holes carving up the pads has been completely eliminated.

Slots I can see as having some performance value, but holes just sell rotors. They don't "de-gas" the pad nor would they ever provide significantly more cooling capacity than a simple vented rotor. Hell, some pads take heat to work well, so thats a moot point anyway.

If you can get some plain or slotted ones from your supplier, I'd love a set for my NSX caliper setup I want to run next. They look well made and the price is decent.
Old 11-20-2004, 12:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMDA9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well, based upon my experience with my Wilwood rotors, which were not so much drilled but had the slots and holes cast in the steel, I can conclude that they are mostly for looks and marketing. Now that I have switched to the plain Wilwood rotors, my outer rotor temps were consistent (measured with pyrometer, temps never got over 500* when measured) with the old appearence rotors, noise has been greatly reduced and pad wear/dusting has also been significantly slowed. Also, the pad "rutting" on the rotors I was getting from the slots and holes carving up the pads has been completely eliminated.

Slots I can see as having some performance value, but holes just sell rotors. They don't "de-gas" the pad nor would they ever provide significantly more cooling capacity than a simple vented rotor. Hell, some pads take heat to work well, so thats a moot point anyway.

If you can get some plain or slotted ones from your supplier, I'd love a set for my NSX caliper setup I want to run next. They look well made and the price is decent.</TD></TR></TABLE>

personally, x-drill and slot are for looks, friction between rotor and pads is what stops your car, by removing contact area on the rotor (x-drill & slot) you are basically reducing the friction (aka less braking!)

That's why i asked to have just blank rotor... i don't get it, why would a blank rotor cost more? you don't drill it, you don't slot it, yet it cost more? go figure.

actually, i am interested on the 11.1 blank rotor, not even drilled 4x100... i will find someone to drill.

Old 11-21-2004, 09:07 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMDA9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well, based upon my experience with my Wilwood rotors, which were not so much drilled but had the slots and holes cast in the steel, I can conclude that they are mostly for looks and marketing. Now that I have switched to the plain Wilwood rotors, my outer rotor temps were consistent (measured with pyrometer, temps never got over 500* when measured) with the old appearence rotors, noise has been greatly reduced and pad wear/dusting has also been significantly slowed. Also, the pad "rutting" on the rotors I was getting from the slots and holes carving up the pads has been completely eliminated.

If you can get some plain or slotted ones from your supplier, I'd love a set for my NSX caliper setup I want to run next. They look well made and the price is decent.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well, at the risk of sounding like I am deflating your opinions on the matter, I can't say that these observations should mean that drills and slots are't good for everyone. Certainly you have sorted out your optimum personal setup. I am not sure we can meet your specific requirements.

There does not seem to be any huge reason for anyone to NOT get rotors with drills and slots. As a matter of fact, if they were not proven performance enhacers, howcome companies like Mugen, Porsche, AMG, Brembo, and COUNTLESS professional racing teams consider them standard fare?

Wow, this is frustrating sometimes. I can barely think of a product I have tried to market on here that half a dozen people don't want their own custom setup. This guy wants drills, this guy want slots, these two guys what 4x100.....two more guys want drills and 4x100 and no slots, and another guy doesn't want anyof this stuff...he wants plain old run of the mill rotors.

Here is the deal. I can get anything you guys want if you can get 30-40 people to agree on something and prepay for it. In the end, most people will want drills, many will want slots, so all the rotors get both.
Old 11-21-2004, 09:32 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by codenamezero &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

personally, x-drill and slot are for looks, friction between rotor and pads is what stops your car, by removing contact area on the rotor (x-drill & slot) you are basically reducing the friction (aka less braking!)

That's why i asked to have just blank rotor... i don't get it, why would a blank rotor cost more? you don't drill it, you don't slot it, yet it cost more? go figure.

actually, i am interested on the 11.1 blank rotor, not even drilled 4x100... i will find someone to drill.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Just becase there is less surface area there does not mean performance is decreased. Needless to say, there are nuances and facets to every dynamic on a car this beyond our limited engineering knowledge of how they are put together.

Why would a blank rotor cost more? If the normal process is to drill them out then to make them not drilled of one ore two people is a big PITA. If you want them not drilled, no problem. Buy about 30 sets of them and we will get that handled for you.

Another reason they cost more is because to drill the bolt pattern in a different pattern, it again means a change in the process. In turn, higher price. If the bolt pattern is not a big deal to you, GREAT. Buy standard ITR rotors and redrill yourself!

I sincerely apologize if you don't like my answers. It seems like you are really looking for me to meet a price goal that just will not happen with this product. Some parts are more expensive because they are inflated. Some are more expensive because they are better. Some are for stauts value. These rotors are the bomb, and to get the bomb, you will just not be able to get out of paying for them.
Old 11-29-2004, 12:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

PM sent...
Old 11-29-2004, 01:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MrHeeltoe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I can't get the 11" rotors from Racingbrake, but I CAN get them from another vendor of mine!

Retail on these rotors is $132 each. Through a special deal on here, we can do $124 shipped each.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hey,

I got two questions. Which center bore 61mm or 64mm will I need that will perfectly fit into a 99-00 civic si? How much for a pair picked up cause I'm in Huntington Beach.

Old 11-30-2004, 08:28 AM

Default Re: RACINGBRAKE EDP Coated Rotors! (EBP-Si)

replied to all pm messages!
Old 11-30-2004, 10:54 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

I would pay more for a blank rotor or a simply slotted rotor. No matter what you say, I want it for the performance potential that I know it has.

And drilling the rotor is not part of production for these things. It happens after they are cast. How much work would it be to pull a few sets out of the bin and package them up. Surely these things aren't made in America, where this kind of variation to the daily routine would indeed cause a price hike. If they're made overseas, then the the Asian guy that makes $0.40 a day isn't gonna lose sleep over not drilling a damn brake rotor.

But if you're this "determined" to bring your customers what they want (and there are quite a few people other than me with the same requests), then I'll just spring for the some Fastbrakes rotor made to order.
Old 11-30-2004, 07:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

another PM sent...
Old 12-01-2004, 01:07 PM

OK! Let's try to end the debating here. I am referring to everyone in this thread. Please read! I am readdressing all the questions asked on an individual basis in this post.

11.1" in 4x100
- I can get them. They are 23mm thick. Airbagclub....you can use the 23mm on your 28mm application. You won't even know the difference. There is no impact on your performance at all. Basically, the rotors are 2.5mm narrower on either side. You piston will take up the difference.
No drills and/or slots
-They are currently drilled and slotted. It is not a big deal to keep the drill away from them, but when a run of rotors is sitting on the shelf that have already been drilled the situation is more complicated. So, we can do non-drilled HP rotors for you guys, but we gotta sell the ones we got first. RB does offer UP rotors that are slotted only with a higher grade material, but not for this application. RB also has a racing line call the XP....these rotors are probably the best suited to aggressive pad and tire combos and racetrack use. They don't come in 11" 4x100 though.

JDMDA9 alluded to Wilwoods with the holes cast in the steel.
1- you can't cast the holes in the rotor. That would cause so many problems in the consistancy of the material it is unreal. Whatever they told you, the holes were drilled.
2- Rotors are cast iron, not steel.

codenamezero and JDMDA9 feel that x-drills and slots were for looks
-To a degree they are, but they serve a performance advantage.
::::To codenamezero: you are just looking for cheaper parts. I don't have those.
::::To JDMDA9: I have done some reasearch and found your opinions to be justifyable...mostly. Slots and drills do de-gas the pads and they do keep the rotor surface clean. They do also reduce pad life to a degree. But, they are much better at resisting fading that non-drilled and slotted rotors. Drills and slots do the most good on street vehicles that are driven aggressively. For street type performance pads, they are a good suppliment. Now for a very aggressive pad on a racing application, fade is much less of an issue. Aggressive pads do not need the pad surface to be clean since they largely are removing rotor material with each application. Also, they do need to come up to operating temps. In short: what rotors you choose cannot be categorized into "this is good" and "this sucks." As with everything in life, it all depends on your driving style, car, TIRE SETUP, use of the vehicle, and so on.....

x-drill and slots reduce surface area, reducing friction and braking
:::::WRONG. Friction is a measure based on the coeficcient of friction of the material used, and the value of the normal force applied. Area is nowhere in the friction calculation. I will photocopy my Statics book if you need it.
- That said, drilling and slotting DOES reduce the surface area, making the temperature concentration on the rotor surface higher. This is why cracking can be more prevelant in drilled rotors. This is also why RB drilled rotors are better than cheaper ones. RB alloys take the heat much better!

Why does a plain rotor cost more?
- I am not sure where I said they would cost more.....You need to think about it differently. It is not the fact that the rotor is or is not drilled that effects the cost. The production process is set, and to make one or two pieces different than that it requires a new process. A new special process is a different cost, and the less of the required part there is the higher the cost is. More than that, it is the fact that there are a bunch of drilled/slotted ones on the shelf. We can make a bunch not drilled and slotted, but again, not until we sell these. Essentially, since not that many people want this rotor the volume is low and the cost is going to be about the same either way.

Drilling is not a part of production.
:::Sorry man, it is. From the discussion in the boardroom on what color to make the rotor hat, to the person at the end of the line boxing rotors up....it is all part of the process. Looks like I need to send you guys copies of my Production Operations Management book as well.

Bottom line is this:

These rotors are not custom units. They are manufactured. I know everyone wants their own custom thing, but that is not always possible. If you don't like an A'PEX N1 exhaust, don't buy it....same applies here. We can get close to all these demands, and if it is not good enough then that is understandable. But this thread is getting really polluted.

BTW, I can get 4x100 rotors that are not slotted or drilled, but Racing Brake does not make them, and this thread is intended to market their sick rotors! Maybe I will make another post later....

Marcus
Old 12-02-2004, 11:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not to burst your bubble, but my rotor temps (after a COOL DOWN LAP) are north of 500. When you're running pads w/ operation ceilings of 1000 + degrees, a temperature measured in the paddock, doesn't speak to your temps while on track. For that, either get a telemetry system with brake temp sensors, or run caliper tape.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Slots I can see as having some performance value, but holes just sell rotors. They don't "de-gas" the pad nor would they ever provide significantly more cooling capacity than a simple vented rotor. Hell, some pads take heat to work well, so thats a moot point anyway.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Slots don't yield ANY performance advantage. Some people argue, that slotted/scalloped rotors offer better initial bite since they "clean" the pad/ every revolution, but that's a matter of personal preference and says nothing about a rotors ability to do its job.

Feel and performance are mutually exclusive.

Modified by bb6h22a at 1:03 PM 12/2/2004
Old 12-02-2004, 11:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by codenamezero &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

personally, x-drill and slot are for looks, friction between rotor and pads is what stops your car, </TD></TR></TABLE>

Nope.

The tires stop the car, not the brakes. The brakes accomplish a different task.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">by removing contact area on the rotor (x-drill & slot) you are basically reducing the friction (aka less braking!)</TD></TR></TABLE>

Are you talking swept area ?

Drilling/Slotting has no effect on the coefficent of friction between the pad and rotor, that's a function of the pad compound.

Again, the tires stop the car, not the brakes.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That's why i asked to have just blank rotor... i don't get it, why would a blank rotor cost more? you don't drill it, you don't slot it, yet it cost more? go figure.

actually, i am interested on the 11.1 blank rotor, not even drilled 4x100... i will find someone to drill. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Autozone's got blank rotors. Those work just fine, if that's what you want.

Moreover, drilling rotors, in today's market, is a purely aesthetic move; yet, no matter how many times you argue it, one way or the other, people want what they percieve to be the better product. They get what they get, and all Marcus is trying to do, is get people what they want, at an affordable price. It's unfair to bust his ***** simply b/c a product doesn't agree with your personal braking ethos - while I agree with your contention (however misinformed) regarding xdrilled rotors, I don't think this is the time & place to air your concerns; busting Marcus' ***** (in his thread) to prove your point is equivelant to putting someone on the spot to forward a personal agenda - it's immature.

Old 12-02-2004, 02:31 PM

Thanks Hube.
Old 12-05-2004, 07:23 AM

Default Re: (MrHeeltoe)

Do you guys have the 99-00 civic SI application in stock ... for slotted/drilled front and rear rotors set? And it is $151 shipped, correct? How long will this deal last?

Quick Reply: RACINGBRAKE EDP Coated Rotors!